Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games 62-65: Thursday June 6th - Sunday June 9th: Rockies vs Padres

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Dodged a real bullet today.

    You guys crack me up with the anger though. Sure it annoys me to see series like this and Houston.

    But a predicted 100 loss team is 34-30. Projections were bad but this is basically a .500 ball club. And we are seeing .500 ball day to day.

    I wish they would win more against bad teams but we really should just be stoked to be 4 games over in June.
    Lol listening to what the media projects. They don't know anything about this team. The national media is clueless on the Rockies team.

    To look at this roster and see 100 losses is ridiculous. We are underachieving with the fire power we have on offense because we are actually getting some decent outings from our starters this year. We are a better team than .500. Ony weak spot on offense is 2B.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
      Lol listening to what the media projects. They don't know anything about this team. The national media is clueless on the Rockies team.

      To look at this roster and see 100 losses is ridiculous. We are underachieving with the fire power we have on offense because we are actually getting some decent outings from our starters this year. We are a better team than .500. Ony weak spot on offense is 2B.
      Apparently didn't read my whole post where I the 100 loss projection was obviously bad. Implying I didn't agree with it.

      But the team is still overachieving to this point. So you should be happy rather than pissed every day because you feel the team should be better. Even though most people wouldn't agree.

      I do agree the offense is too inconsistent. But I still don't think we should be like 15 over or anything like that.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Over achieving or not...As fans we do not want to see the inconsistency this team is showing.. the only consistency we are showing is how to blow a big lead and lose the game...Are we really over reacting? Nope not at all.

        This team at present is not playing ALL phases of the game.. If we somehow could there would be no stopping us. ITs like offense scores a ton pitching sucks.. or pitching is brilliant but we cant hit for crap.

        Over the past few series our RISP has been absolutely abysmal for the most part.

        All it takes it one or two more of these series and we spiral downhill.. without being super negative weve seen it happen.

        Its frustrating

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Dodged a real bullet today.

          You guys crack me up with the anger though. Sure it annoys me to see series like this and Houston.

          But a predicted 100 loss team is 34-30. Projections were bad but this is basically a .500 ball club. And we are seeing .500 ball day to day.

          I wish they would win more against bad teams but we really should just be stoked to be 4 games over in June.
          Anyone who watched this club in ST knew this wasn't a 100 loss team. I went on the record and said in ST we would finish over .500. The reason the experts said we'd finish with 100 losses was because of last year. None of them actually paid attention or scouted us in the spring.

          But I agree fans tend to overreact after 1 game. 1 game or series isn't a big deal in a 162 game season. However, the way the bullpen has preformed the last month should be bothersome. Hopefully with the starting rotation getting bolstered with Oswalt soon, the bullpen can be strengthened.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
            Anyone who watched this club in ST knew this wasn't a 100 loss team. I went on the record and said in ST we would finish over .500. The reason the experts said we'd finish with 100 losses was because of last year. None of them actually paid attention or scouted us in the spring.

            But I agree fans tend to overreact after 1 game. 1 game or series isn't a big deal in a 162 game season. However, the way the bullpen has preformed the last month should be bothersome. Hopefully with the starting rotation getting bolstered with Oswalt soon, the bullpen can be strengthened.
            Thats the thing.. It hasnt just been one game or one series we have blown quite a lot of games

            Those one or two games or series losses we should have won could be pretty important come making the playoffs or winning the division etc.
            Last edited by Blondie79; 06-09-2013, 08:15 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Apparently didn't read my whole post where I the 100 loss projection was obviously bad. Implying I didn't agree with it.

              But the team is still overachieving to this point. So you should be happy rather than pissed every day because you feel the team should be better. Even though most people wouldn't agree.

              I do agree the offense is too inconsistent. But I still don't think we should be like 15 over or anything like that.
              No. I did read your whole post which is why I said were better than a .500 team because that's what you said you think we are.

              I'm saying I pay 0 attention to the 100 loss media because they don't follow us at all and just see how bad we were last year and see that we didn't add any star pitchers so they figure we'll be worth coupled with Weiss.

              I'm not saying 15 over. But we should've won so many games that we choked away. We should be tied with the dbacks at the very least.
              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                No. I did read your whole post which is why I said were better than a .500 team because that's what you said you think we are.

                I'm saying I pay 0 attention to the 100 loss media because they don't follow us at all and just see how bad we were last year and see that we didn't add any star pitchers so they figure we'll be worth coupled with Weiss.

                I'm not saying 15 over. But we should've won so many games that we choked away. We should be tied with the dbacks at the very least.
                Understood. My only point is sometimes I can't believe how much y'all curse or call players bums. Over a team that has some studs but really isn't so stacked that they should be a world beater or anything.

                Yes we could argue we should have enough wins to be tied with Arizona. But the West is really weak so that doesn't mean much.

                Like I said I get frustrated when we blow two of 4 at home to a losing team. But we can't really all blast ownership for giving Walt a crap pitching staff, then sit here and call Walt a Bum every game for using it. I understand disliking certain pitchers. Some of them it's really baffling they are still on an MLB roster. But the Monforts don't give him many more options. And you can't wear down the entire staff of good relievers. So sometimes you are going to see the bad ones more than you like. I don't agree with Walt resting stud offensive players as much as he does or some of his other decisions. But he is far from a Bum to have this team at .500 with the staff he is given.

                Either that or he has been giving a much better roster than what y'all give the Monforts credit for. But I'm betting that's not the case.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • If we still had Clint Hurdle we'd probably be at least 10 games over .500. It's extremely frustrating because management is where our problems are at. With proper management we would be a lot better.

                  EY is just making a living off of his dad's name. The fact that he's played a lot more than Colvin is mind-baffling. Call up Blackmon and send EY down for that matter.

                  And if the Rockies are supposedly big on home-grown talent, we need to see more Friedrich and Pomeranz in place of Francis and Garland. Let them develop up here. They'll be fine.

                  Nobody else plays down to their competition better than the Rockies right now either. I actually think we'll win the series and possibly sweep the Nats. We're only 1.5 games back in the division now. Crazy.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    If we still had Clint Hurdle we'd probably be at least 10 games over .500. It's extremely frustrating because management is where our problems are at. With proper management we would be a lot better.

                    EY is just making a living off of his dad's name. The fact that he's played a lot more than Colvin is mind-baffling. Call up Blackmon and send EY down for that matter.

                    And if the Rockies are supposedly big on home-grown talent, we need to see more Friedrich and Pomeranz in place of Francis and Garland. Let them develop up here. They'll be fine.

                    Nobody else plays down to their competition better than the Rockies right now either. I actually think we'll win the series and possibly sweep the Nats. We're only 1.5 games back in the division now. Crazy.
                    I 100% disagree with this statement. This has been the Rockies problem. They have been so desperate for pitching kids make it to coors before they are ready. Bringing them on at a slower pace is the correct action to take. There is no sense to have 2 future pitchers just getting hit around the park. Let them work their craft add a pitch or 2 and get their confidence up. Having them work their problems out in the majors is how you get a 100 loss team.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Understood. My only point is sometimes I can't believe how much y'all curse or call players bums. Over a team that has some studs but really isn't so stacked that they should be a world beater or anything.

                      Yes we could argue we should have enough wins to be tied with Arizona. But the West is really weak so that doesn't mean much.

                      Like I said I get frustrated when we blow two of 4 at home to a losing team. But we can't really all blast ownership for giving Walt a crap pitching staff, then sit here and call Walt a Bum every game for using it. I understand disliking certain pitchers. Some of them it's really baffling they are still on an MLB roster. But the Monforts don't give him many more options. And you can't wear down the entire staff of good relievers. So sometimes you are going to see the bad ones more than you like. I don't agree with Walt resting stud offensive players as much as he does or some of his other decisions. But he is far from a Bum to have this team at .500 with the staff he is given.

                      Either that or he has been giving a much better roster than what y'all give the Monforts credit for. But I'm betting that's not the case.
                      Walt sucks at managing the pitching staff. Our bullpen is pretty solid. They've scuffled here lately, but Walt pitches certain pitchers in stupid ass times.

                      Brothers, Betancourt, Belisle and Ottavino are all very solid late inning type guys. Betancourt shouldn't close, let him do the 8th and brothers 9th.

                      Escalona is going to have some bad games, but as a long relief pitcher he's pretty solid.

                      Outman sucks, and he's gone. Scahill should be gone soon. Lopez blows.

                      Overall it's not that bad of a group when used correctly, thought they definitely could improve over a few guys.

                      Our starters have been actually a pleasant surprise. Not great, not terrible but decent. De La Rosa is good a majority of the time. So is Chacin for a decent stretch, but Walt leaves him out to dry a lot. Chatwoods been great.

                      Francis blows and will be replaced by Oswalt hopefully. Garland is already gone. And Nicasio seems to be getting it together, but well see.

                      So with a Mediocore pitching staff and our high powered offense we should be better than we are.
                      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X