X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Tim Connelly hired as VP of Basketball Operations

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ans?source=rss
    sigpic

Well... we better get Hollins. It's good that his interview was rescheduled until Wednesday so he knows who our gm is going to be now.
    Last edited by Houshmazode; 06-17-2013, 09:56 AM.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

He maybe a rising star, but he has done so in two losing franchises. Trying to strike gold twice. Then again he can't make a deal until Kroenke approves it anyway.
      sigpic

Comment

Don't know of him. All I do know is right now I am not a fan of Josh Kronke. This seems like a yes man hire to me. Not because of the guy hired but Josh's presser the other day left me thinking he is the General Manager and would bring in a bunch of yes men. He said something like no move Masai made was without me finalising it. So that makes me think with getting rid of The Overrated One we didn't really get rid of the guy who made most of the moves. Like giving Mcgee 10 Million a year, Nene 15 Million a year and refusing to address problem areas on the team.

I am hoping that we can get Hollins however if Josh Kronke is looking for yes men I don't think Hollins is his guy. He publicly blamed the front office for screwing up by trading away Rudy Gay at the trade deadline. He has been vocal about plenty of things which he doesn't like and I just get the vibe Josh wants it his way. Anyway it should be an action packed off-season for us. Good luck Tim Connelly. If you can make one good move to start your time in the organisation the fans here will love you blindly with everything else you do like the last guy.
        Last edited by johnlimburg; 06-18-2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Tim Connelly's #1 Priority? Maybe sign Iguodala? Nah. Priority #1 is to "sell" Denver Nuggets fans about how Iguodala isn't worth the money it will take to sign him. Iguodala is gone. Somebody will pay the guy what he's worth, but it won't be the Denver Nuggets.

And I look for the Nuggets to be exactly where Josh Kroenke has taken the Colorado Avalanche, within the year. Too bad, because we did seem to have a foundation that was missing a few parts. Now, by the time the Nuggets get a few 1st Picks in upcoming Drafts, Faried will be at the top of his game ............ and will be looking for greener pastures, somewhere far away from Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
            Tim Connelly's #1 Priority? Maybe sign Iguodala? Nah. Priority #1 is to "sell" Denver Nuggets fans about how Iguodala isn't worth the money it will take to sign him. Iguodala is gone. Somebody will pay the guy what he's worth, but it won't be the Denver Nuggets.

And I look for the Nuggets to be exactly where Josh Kroenke has taken the Colorado Avalanche, within the year. Too bad, because we did seem to have a foundation that was missing a few parts. Now, by the time the Nuggets get a few 1st Picks in upcoming Drafts, Faried will be at the top of his game ............ and will be looking for greener pastures, somewhere far away from Denver.
            The sky is falling the sky is falling!

Had Iggy not chose to opt out he is only allowed to sign a 3 year extension with the Nuggets. From voiding his contract he is able to sign a new 5 year deal, one that figures to be a tad cheaper than what he was owed in his player option year. If he signs with another team it will be a 4 year deal max and would be less money than he would get with Denver. Kroenke has made it known he didn't trade for Iggy to let him walk. The Nuggets will either try to give him the 5-year deal and keep him a nugget or will entice him with a sign and trade deal so he still has the longest term contract possible while we get compensated. It is highly unlikely he just goes to another team randomly and signs. What team has the space will be more competitive than the Nuggets next year? I can't think of any, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
              The sky is falling the sky is falling!

Had Iggy not chose to opt out he is only allowed to sign a 3 year extension with the Nuggets. From voiding his contract he is able to sign a new 5 year deal, one that figures to be a tad cheaper than what he was owed in his player option year. If he signs with another team it will be a 4 year deal max and would be less money than he would get with Denver. Kroenke has made it known he didn't trade for Iggy to let him walk. The Nuggets will either try to give him the 5-year deal and keep him a nugget or will entice him with a sign and trade deal so he still has the longest term contract possible while we get compensated. It is highly unlikely he just goes to another team randomly and signs. What team has the space will be more competitive than the Nuggets next year? I can't think of any, can you?
              You really think the "sky is falling"? I don't, mainly because, for me, this is 100% predictable. We have the owners kid running the show who just watched the "NBA Executive of the Year" walk, and canned the "NBA Coach of the Year", muffing the Press Conference explaining it. But as Josh Kroenke said in a recent Interview, we have nothing to worry about because he gets a lot of hot tips on running an NBA franchise by sitting next to Mark Cuban in the Owners Meetings.

And, I'm predicting he lets Iguodala go, also. You believe it is all a part of a vast plan to keep Iguodala, or sign and trade the guy. Hey, I would love to be proven wrong. We will know in pretty short order, so here's hoping my scenario doesn't happen!

The Denver Nuggets organization is the "Poster Child" for why sports franchises worth a half a billion dollars should be Publicly Traded corporations transparently accountable to their shareholders and the municipalities that finance them. It's good for the Owner who is going to clean up financially when they take their team Public, and it's good for the fans who get to invest in their home team. But, of course, that's a completely different topic.

Comment

Working...
              X