Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Free Agency

Free Agency is almost here and we have some money to play with. Andre Iguodala is looking like he will get a max deal so our money will go all towards him. I will be annoyed if this happens. He is not worth that much. I hope if he comes back it is for around 10 Million Per Year. If he leaves I think we may go with our young guys in the hope they develop. I get the impression from the guys up top this is the plan.

I am hoping Al Jefferson is the guy we go after. Just forget the Andre Iguodala deal and go after a big man who can score, create space and rebound. We have a need for this area and it would put Kenneth Faried where he belongs. Coming off the bench. The backup plan for the 4 in Free Agency I would love to see is Carl Landry. He is a good post player, shooter and overall solid.

Then regardless of what happens with these other areas of the team I want to see JJ Reddick signed. He can shoot the 3 ball, backup the 1 and 2 and provide a quality scoring option. However he thinks he is worth more then he is which is annoying and may stop a deal from happening.

Corey Brewer hopfully is allowed to walk. He is too inconsistant, bad from deep and shoots to much. His defense is good however it isn't that great. I think we can replace him with our young guys or another cheap free agent.

Timofey Mosgov looks to be in our plans and I think he will come back. I think he can replace Koufas and become better in the long run. His strength and bulk is a needed asset in the front court. And I think if George Karl used him against Andrew Bogut in the playoffs we could have slowed him down.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few guys moved on either. I think if we could sign a 4 in Free Agency we could move on from Kenneth Faried. He is a good energy guy but will never be what I want him to be. And if we lose Iguodala and he can bring back a good 2 and allow us to spend big money on Jefferson I would love that. Also I would like to see Andre Miller moved on. We wont get much back however if we can get a solid depth player I would be happy.

Should be interesting. We have not made any moves in Free Agency for a while now. Overrated Ujiri was more interested in bringing back our own and overpaying them. Lets hope Connely isn't the same and recognises that if we want to get better he needs to go outside of the organisation. Hopefully this is the year we see that happen.

Jefferson and Reddick would make me so happy. They'll both be pretty expensive though.

Monta Ellis and Nate Robinson are out there too. One of the two would be nice.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

I hope you guys get everyone you want, EXCEPT J.J. Reddick. I'm hoping that JJ signs with us here in CHI
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Monta Ellis would be interesting. He is a guy who shoots a lot and can really score. Nate Robinson would be an awesome backup however I think he deserves a starting spot somewhere. He earned that with his play filling in for Chicago. Another guy who would be interesting is JR Smith. He loved Denver and with George Karl gone he could come back and have an actual chance to succeed like he did this past season with New York. He could even start if we don't bring Andre Iguodala back.

Comment

I understand the need for 3 point shooting but I'm not a fan of overpaying JJ.

Comment

Jefferson is one of the most overrated players in the league. There is a reason this guy is on consistently losing teams. And if JJ costs anything over the MLE forget about it.

Our only thought right now is resigning Andre. After that its contingency plans.
            sigpic

Comment

I want JJ Hickson. He averaged a double double last season and was well on his way to become a very good player in Cleveland before he was sent to Sacramento. Solid rebounder and a physical presence down low and he should be cheaper than Jefferson.

Comment

So the Pelicans are offering Tyreke Evans a 4 year 44 million contract.....Good god.

That is only going to drive up the price on Andre.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                  So the Pelicans are offering Tyreke Evans a 4 year 44 million contract.....Good god.

That is only going to drive up the price on Andre.
                  Evans is a way better and more consistent scorer than Iguodala though. Iguodala can't create like Evans can, also Evans is only 23. Evans didn't get a max contract, I wouldn't be surprised to see Iguodala get a similar deal, maybe a bit less.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Evans is a way better and more consistent scorer than Iguodala though. Iguodala can't create like Evans can, also Evans is only 23. Evans didn't get a max contract, I wouldn't be surprised to see Iguodala get a similar deal, maybe a bit less.
                    At this point I'd rather have Tyreke on the team so if we are paying more for Iggy when Tyreke is going for $11 mil a year I'll be surprised. Ones old and the other is only going to get better. Iggy only edges him on defense and maybe slightly in passing but I'd even argue that. Plus Tyreke is a way more efficient scorer. Having a young core of Lawson-Tyreke-Gallo is promising IMO. Tyreke is the same positional tweener as iggy. So if that contract pans out the only thing keeping the price high is detroit
                    Last edited by Matymaddog; 07-01-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Tyreke Evans > Andre Igoudala from what I watched last season....

Comment

Jefferson is one of the most overrated players in the league. There is a reason this guy is on consistently losing teams. And if JJ costs anything over the MLE forget about it.

Our only thought right now is resigning Andre. After that its contingency plans.
                        Terrible analysis as always from you. The guy has been traded into bad situations. However in Utah he really kept them from turning to complete crap after Boozer and Williams left. The guy would easily be the best big on our team and immediately make us better. He is a 19 - 9 guy and deserving of a big contract.

Comment

I'd argue Al Jefferson is average at best with his defense. Despite being such a big body he really struggles defending in the post due to a lack of foot quickness. His value lies in his offensive game and rebounding.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            Terrible analysis as always from you. The guy has been traded into bad situations. However in Utah he really kept them from turning to complete crap after Boozer and Williams left. The guy would easily be the best big on our team and immediately make us better. He is a 19 - 9 guy and deserving of a big contract.
                            Yea my analysis is so far off that the only team making a move on him is the Charlotte Bobcats. The same Bobcats FO that took Zeller over Noel and McLemore.

Jefferson is a shot chucker who holds the ball and pump fakes a bazillion times until he settles on a fade away jumper at the shot clock buzzer. And as Matymaddog said his defense is terrible. Signing Jefferson would be the stupidest thing we could do. Do you actually watch the players you want or just go off of the stats?

Jefferson has been to the playoffs 2 of 9 years in the league. One he was a sparingly used as a rookie the other his team slipped in as the 8 seed.
                            Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 07-01-2013, 06:25 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yea my analysis is so far off that the only team making a move on him is the Charlotte Bobcats. The same Bobcats FO that took Zeller over Noel and McLemore.
                              I was more refering to things you have said in the past. Like the threads telling me I was straight up wrong and this sort of thing about Ujuri. However when I made my many valid points as to why I felt the way I did you couldn't respond. It wasn't just you though. Now this. And it doesn't matter who is targeting him. Doesn't change his abilities on the court.

Jefferson is a shot chucker who holds the ball and pump fakes a bazillion times until he settles on a fade away jumper at the shot clock buzzer. And as Matymaddog said his defense is terrible. Signing Jefferson would be the stupidest thing we could do. Do you actually watch the players you want or just go off of the stats?
                              Someone doesn't know what he is talking about. He does pump fake a lot and that is what makes him great. He is so great on the block and that is why he is such a good offensive player. However he doesn't jack up fade away jump shots. Maybe you are thinking about Lamarcus Aldridge. It is clear you don't understand what you are talking about.

Another reason he is so great is he has range. He can shoot the mid range jump shot as well as any big in the league. When you have that threat you can move him out near the 3 point line and it will clear room underneath for guys to penetrate and get to the basket. And if there is more room for Ty Lawson to move then that is great.

The problem is his defense. He isn't great in this area however he would improve the offensive game of the team so much it offsets it. And really look at our bigs now. His defense is not a downgrade. And he doesn't block many shots which is a problem. However we have Javale Mcgee who can block shots and them two on the court together at the same time would be a good combination.

Then you have to find a spot for Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur and Timofey Mosgov. Well I would trade Kenneth Faried because he could bring back something quality in return. Like a good shooting guard who could start. Then in the front court you would have a rotation of:

Al Jefferson (32) ---------- Darrell Arthur / Anthony Randolph (16)
                              Javale Mcgee (30) -------- Timofey Mosgov (18)

I like that a lot more then last year having Kosta Koufas having 20+ minutes, Javale Mcgee have 20- minutes, Kenneth Faried having 25+ minutes and having no scoring option at all in the front court at the 4 and 5 positions. Al Jefferson would improve this team.

Jefferson has been to the playoffs 2 of 9 years in the league. One he was a sparingly used as a rookie the other his team slipped in as the 8 seed.
                              No one said he is a superstar. He is not Lebron James and going to turn around an entire franchise. However he would be the second best player on our team and would be in a better situation then ever before. This is like people saying, well Brandon Marshall isn't as good as Demaryius Thomas because Marshall hasn't been in the playoffs. It's stupid. Not many players alone turn around an entire franchise.

Comment

Working...
                              X