No announcement yet.

Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea Jefferson could be paired with either JaVale or Randolph but I wouldn't bring in Jefferson if Faried was at risk. Why get rid of a high energy developing Forward that has shown and increase in offensive ability every year and has proved to have at least some offensive ability (rising stars MVP) with a team friendly salary for a older player who is already on the decline that won't be as cap friendly when we aren't going to be winning the NBA championship anyways. Guys like Reddick and Jefferson are not going to put this team over the edge. There's a lot more work to do that that and it comes in the form of developing our own young talents and acquiring more of it when value presents itself. Value is hard to find in free agency unless its a more low key player who could develop enough of a role to be traded later. I don't see Jefferson or Reddick getting all that much better
    Matymaddog
    Special Teams
    Last edited by Matymaddog; 07-01-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Well we signed yet another F. We need multiple C's, and if we're going to sign a shooter, please let it be Reddick
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        Well we signed yet another F. We need multiple C's, and if we're going to sign a shooter, please let it be Reddick
        When did we sign a forward?
        You mean traded for one?

Comment

Carl Landry is also an FA, he opted out. He'd fit in well here.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
            When did we sign a forward?
            You mean traded for one?
            You have to remember that I'm a Bulls fan, first. We signed Mike Dunleavy
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

You have to remember that I'm a Bulls fan, first. We signed Mike Dunleavy
              I was just confused because you posted it in a nuggets FA thread lol

Comment

I was just confused because you posted it in a nuggets FA thread lol
                Sorry about that,

Comment

Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA16h
                  Denver could become a real threat for Tony Allen should Memphis fail to hold onto him, league sources tell Y!
                  Interesting. A great Defensive Player however doesn't offer much on the offensive end at all. Not scoring or playmaking. However he would make us a better defensive unit. Depending on the money I wouldn't mind him as a backup option if we don't bring back Andre Iguodala.

Marc J. Spears‏@SpearsNBAYahoo14h
                  Warriors free agent point guard @Jarrettjack03 has been been contacted by the Warriors, Nuggets & Dallas, source tells Y! Sports
                  He played very well against us in the playoffs. He has a good 3 point shot, consistant jumper and a nice floater. I think he would be a great backup and it would enable us to move on from Andre Miller. He can also backup the 2 which is great. However I think he deserves a starting spot somewhere. Plus he may be a starter for the Warriors if they do move David Lee.

NBA Rumors‏@NBARUMORS21h
                  Monta Ellis has received interest from the New York Knicks, Chicago Bulls, San Antonio Spurs, Denver Nuggets and Phoenix Suns.
                  This move really excites me. He would be the pure scorer we need. He can shoot the 3 ball and create for himself. I am not sure how he would fit in in terms of starting at the 2 or being the primary backup off the bench. Either way I would love to see him in a Nuggets uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                    Interesting. A great Defensive Player however doesn't offer much on the offensive end at all. Not scoring or playmaking. However he would make us a better defensive unit. Depending on the money I wouldn't mind him as a backup option if we don't bring back Andre Iguodala.

He played very well against us in the playoffs. He has a good 3 point shot, consistant jumper and a nice floater. I think he would be a great backup and it would enable us to move on from Andre Miller. He can also backup the 2 which is great. However I think he deserves a starting spot somewhere. Plus he may be a starter for the Warriors if they do move David Lee.

This move really excites me. He would be the pure scorer we need. He can shoot the 3 ball and create for himself. I am not sure how he would fit in in terms of starting at the 2 or being the primary backup off the bench. Either way I would love to see him in a Nuggets uniform.
                    Tony Allen is every bit of a defender that Iggy is. Jarrett Jack has a much better 3pt game and can distribute the ball just as well as iggy. He also has a better jump shot. In my mind it's either Monta or both Allen and Jack. I doubt we can get all 3. Monta is a star. If we decide small ball is the way to go he could pair with Ty and be on the court when Ty isn't at PG which makes a guy like Andre Milller expendable. In which case we could potentially get Jack or Allen in his place.

Side not, Why would the Knicks interest be reported? They can't get him. They have $74+ million between 6 players. Amare, Melo, Chandler, Bargnani account for $70 million of it alone.
                    Matymaddog
                    Special Teams
                    Last edited by Matymaddog; 07-02-2013, 07:02 AM.

Comment

I would love to have Allen and Jack. Ellis too. We may be able to get all three if Iguodala leaves. He made too much money last year and is probably going to ask for too much again. Ellis will be paid highly but he is worth the asking price.

Reddick in place of Jack would be just fine with me but unlikely.
                      sigpic

Comment

Better fit for Elton Brand: CHI or NYK?

Comment

I would say Chitown from the actual role he would play but NYK hands down for playing time. They don't have a single non-injury prone big man. Amare is never healthy, Bargnani is rarely healthy, and Chandler has been injury prone his entire career.

Comment

Chicago. Knicks run a little more uptempo and have headcase big men.

Chauncey Billups and Birdman are also UFAs. Lol.

Would be cool to see Chauncey back, but there's not really enough room, he's coming back from an injury and is most likely still pissed about being traded twice from his hometown team.

Birdman has more skill than both Mozgov and McGee and made a pretty big impact for the Heat last season. Doubt he'd want to come back either. Never know with Karl gone though.

K-Mart is also out there (unless I missed something.) Wouldn't mind seeing him come off the bench on a 1 year low risk contract.

DeJuan Blair might be a decent back up. We have hardly any post skill on this team. He'd be a good backup to Mozgov and MCgee. Darrell Arthur and Anthony Randolph are probably best in the paint, and that's not saying much. He could spell our forwards also.

If Iguodala leaves we're very thin at the 2. Fournier, Julyan Stone.... Sometimes Chandler plays SG but he's not really a distributor. Erick Green Might play some if he makes makes the 12 man roster. Nick Young is decent.

I honestly wouldn't mind Tyreke Evans. He's only 23 and Andre is old. Brandon Jennings would be good too.

This list I'm looking at on ESPN is a little outdated. Some players might have already been signed.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd prefer Andray Blatche over K Mart and Blair

Comment

I'd prefer Andray Blatche over K Mart and Blair
                                Blatche re-signed with Nets

Comment

Working...
                                X