No announcement yet.

Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report that kings rescinded the 4 year 52 million offer because they wanted an immediate answer from iggy (prob because of wanting to know if they need to match tyreke a offer from the pelicans) and it caused iggy to tweet "WOW" and "Really?? Ok...Motivation!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
      Report that kings rescinded the 4 year 52 million offer because they wanted an immediate answer from iggy (prob because of wanting to know if they need to match tyreke a offer from the pelicans) and it caused iggy to tweet "WOW" and "Really?? Ok...Motivation!!!!!"
      I bet Kroenke is going to love that. Looks like we'll be overpaying for Iguodala. I don't really mind, I think if he can maintain the shooting touch he showed in the playoffs, it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Comment

I'm actually thinking the opposite. If the Nuggets didn't match the Kings offer to Iguodala then I'm guessing Kroenke is sitting firm on a lower offer. There are still rumors the Spurs might pursue him as well.

It actually seems like the Nuggets are going to be shut-out on FA.

Comment

Tony Allen got 5 million a year for his defense.

So while Iggy isn't the best offensively, I'd say he's about 4-5 million better than Tony Allen in terms of scoring, rebounding and assists.

So while I'd like to get Iggy for about 9-10 million, that won't happen because it seems we've already offered him 12.5 million.

That's pretty damn high...but if he can play like he did in the playoffs more often than not...ill live with that. But I wouldn't pay him anymore than that.

Here's to hoping we can keep him, because the FA market is thinning quickly. But I still don't have my hopes up.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
            Tony Allen got 5 million a year for his defense.

So while Iggy isn't the best offensively, I'd say he's about 4-5 million better than Tony Allen in terms of scoring, rebounding and assists.

So while I'd like to get Iggy for about 9-10 million, that won't happen because it seems we've already offered him 12.5 million.

That's pretty damn high...but if he can play like he did in the playoffs more often than not...ill live with that. But I wouldn't pay him anymore than that.

Here's to hoping we can keep him, because the FA market is thinning quickly. But I still don't have my hopes up.
            The ESPN article on FA everyone suggest Iggy will pull a minimum 4 years in the 50+ range. So that's at or above the 12.5 you mentioned. So I really don't think we can pull him for less.

It seems high but it is way less than the 16 mil we were prepared to pay him for next year alone. So it would at least be a good decrease year to year.

I'd be happy with 12-13 a year for the Iggy from the Playoffs. But at this point I'm really hoping they can re-sign him because otherwise FA could be a real failure and the younger players will be forced to have bigger impact next season.
            sigpic

Comment

This is a really stupid article written by some Wizards fans, but it had good pictures.
              http://www.truthaboutit.net/2013/07/...r-nuggets.html

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

According to the OC Register, Dwight Howard has officially made a decision and will announce it via Twitter sometime this weekend.

Latest rumors say it has come down to the Lakers, Rockets, and Warriors.
                I just hope it's not the Warturds.
                sigpic

Comment

Well with Iguodala going to Golden State, I think we should shift our focus to bringing in Monta Ellis. He's no where near the level Iguodala is with his on ball defense, but Ellis is actually pretty good off the ball and he fits what we did defensively (well last year anyway). He's played a lot of PG so far in his career and he's used to playing a ton of minutes. He could easily take Miller's spot as the backup PG as well as start with Lawson on the court. Ellis extremely crafty around the basket which is something we really lack. Miller does a good job of it, but he's not the scorer Ellis is. He's a bit of a streaky shooter, but once he gets in a rhythm, it's hard to slow him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    I just hope it's not the Warturds.
                    It's Houston
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Yep. And Asik has pretty much guaranteed himself to be traded or released.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...rd-source-says
                      sigpic

Comment

It's been reported that we are pursuing Monta Ellis now...we'll see if we can make that happen....I don't have much faith.

sigpic

Comment

I just said it in the Igoudala thread, if we somehow sign Ellis that would be a pretty big upgrade over Iggy IMO.

Comment

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 4m
                            Source says Bucks guard Monta Ellis is getting "major interest" from Nuggets, but more teams have also expressed interest in recent hours.

And there goes OJ Mayo...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
                            Y! Sources: Milwaukee reaches agreement with free agent guard O.J. Mayo on a three-year, $24 million contract. http://tinyurl.com/lht8q65

sigpic

Comment

So Orange Juice Mayonnaise goes to Milwaukee.

And apparently Dwight changed his mind and is no 50-50 on the Rockets or Lakers. I'm beginning to wonder if he has Borderline Personality Disorder like Brandon Marshall now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Source: Denver coming 'strong' after Ellis
                                July, 5, 2013
                                Jul 5
                                8:09
                                PM CT
                                By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

Recommend5
                                Tweet0
                                Comments176
                                Email
                                Print

Another potential Mavericks target could be off the market soon.

The Denver Nuggets are coming “strong” after guard Monta Ellis, a league source said, adding that the Mavs and three others teams are also showing interest in him.

Ellis, 27, who declined a player option in his contract that would have paid him $11 million to return to the Milwaukee Bucks in 2013-14, averaged 19.2 points and 6.0 assists per game last season. He has career averages of 19.4 points and 4.7 assists, splitting time between point guard and shooting guard.

The Mavs are intrigued by Ellis’ explosiveness and ability to penetrate. However, they recognize that Ellis is not a pure point guard and isn’t a perfect fit as a pick-and-pop partner with Dirk Nowitzki due to his poor percentages as a jump shooter.
                                Two of those other 3 teams are Chicago and New York. He'd have plenty of capable players to dish to while he's here. He's also a couple years younger than Iguodala. If we signed him to a long term contract that would be great. Him and Lawson as a 1-2 punch would be amazing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X