Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nuggets Sign JJ Hickson - 3 Year / 15 Million

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Nuggets] Nuggets Sign JJ Hickson - 3 Year / 15 Million

    @WojYahooNBA: The Denver Nuggets have reached agreement on a three-year, $15 million deal with free agent J.J. Hickson, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

    sigpic

  • #2
    Pretty solid signing at a fair price if you ask me.

    Now get us a shooter please.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice signing Nuggets, I would've loved to see him in CHI
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

      Comment


      • #4
        If he plays the 4 that is a really nice signing. Have him start and have Faried come off the bench.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
          If he plays the 4 that is a really nice signing. Have him start and have Faried come off the bench.
          Who would you start at the 5?
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            Who would you start at the 5?
            McGee is already penciled in as the starter.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              As long as we aren't looking to do what the Trail Blazers did with him and start him at the 5 where he was at times, miserable on defense, then it's a solid signing. Keep him at the 4. That's where he belongs. What I'm a little curious about though is that we now have 4 power forwards. Faried, Hickson, Randolph, and Arthur. Not sure what's going on with that but like I said, Hickson should stay far away from the 5 unless this team wants to just paint a yellow brick road to the paint.
              Last edited by Matymaddog; 07-07-2013, 05:36 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Really solid signing, he'll surprise a lot of people if he gets to play PF. He gives Faried some actual competition at PF and he won't get thrown around on the boards like Faried can at times. Also he gives us a wide body for screens on the offensive end and we lost that when we traded Koufos. He's only 24 years old and has a lot of room for improvement as well.

                Edit: And if necessary he gives us some insurance should Mozgov leave. Not a great C, but he'd be ok as a backup.

                Also

                Last edited by beastlyskronk; 07-07-2013, 06:30 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  Really solid signing, he'll surprise a lot of people if he gets to play PF. He gives Faried some actual competition at PF and he won't get thrown around on the boards like Faried can at times. Also he gives us a wide body for screens on the offensive end and we lost that when we traded Koufos. He's only 24 years old and has a lot of room for improvement as well.

                  Edit: And if necessary he gives us some insurance should Mozgov leave. Not a great C, but he'd be ok as a backup.
                  I agree. To me he is a better player than Landry is, and we got him for less money. I like this signing. I still think we need Mozgov back as back up C. Then trade for a shooter with one of the 4 PFs we have.

                  What I think our lineup should be as of right now:

                  PG Lawson/Miller/Green
                  SG Fournier/Hamilton/Green
                  SF Chandler/Hamilton/Miller/Gallo (Obviously when Gallo is back he shifts to starter)
                  PF Hickson/Faried/Arthur/Randolph
                  C McGee/Mozgov/Hickson

                  I would be more comfortable if we packaged Arthur or Randolph and Miller or Hamilton with a pick to acquire a shooter using one of our trade exceptions. I like both Hamilton and Fournier but I don't think they're ready to take on the 2 themselves yet.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    I agree. To me he is a better player than Landry is, and we got him for less money. I like this signing. I still think we need Mozgov back as back up C. Then trade for a shooter with one of the 4 PFs we have.

                    What I think our lineup should be as of right now:

                    PG Lawson/Miller/Green
                    SG Fournier/Hamilton/Green
                    SF Chandler/Hamilton/Miller/Gallo (Obviously when Gallo is back he shifts to starter)
                    PF Hickson/Faried/Arthur/Randolph
                    C McGee/Mozgov/Hickson

                    I would be more comfortable if we packaged Arthur or Randolph and Miller or Hamilton with a pick to acquire a shooter using one of our trade exceptions. I like both Hamilton and Fournier but I don't think they're ready to take on the 2 themselves yet.
                    We might find that the nuggets trade away Faried as they were rumored to be trying to do in the draft. I don't see Randolph, Hamilton and even Arthur going anywhere to be honest. I think if we made any sort of trade it would involve Miller, Faried, and possibly a guy like Chandler. When I say Miller, I mean Dre not Quincy. I don't think Quincy would net us really any value currently. I'm still of the strong opinion though that getting a shooting guard in a trade is hardly going to push us over the edge. This is not a championship roster, not yet at least it needs to develop to even be in that sort of discussion. Compare our projected starters to contending teams and we can see how much this team over achieved last year and how much they will need to over achieve this year to be a serious contender.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                      We might find that the nuggets trade away Faried as they were rumored to be trying to do in the draft. I don't see Randolph, Hamilton and even Arthur going anywhere to be honest. I think if we made any sort of trade it would involve Miller, Faried, and possibly a guy like Chandler. When I say Miller, I mean Dre not Quincy. I don't think Quincy would net us really any value currently. I'm still of the strong opinion though that getting a shooting guard in a trade is hardly going to push us over the edge. This is not a championship roster, not yet at least it needs to develop to even be in that sort of discussion. Compare our projected starters to contending teams and we can see how much this team over achieved last year and how much they will need to over achieve this year to be a serious contender.
                      No obviously it is not a championship team. But if you trade Andre your oldest player would be 25 years old. (Depending on what player you get in return). But if you package Miller, Faried, and Chandler in one package you better be getting a very good boarder line all star type player. That would be a lot to give up to get a step above a role player.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Great signing for not too much $$$$.

                        I really like the signing, even though it probably means my boy just lost his starting spot.

                        Faried, Hickson, and McGee make a good, young front court for Shaw to work with.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                          No obviously it is not a championship team. But if you trade Andre your oldest player would be 25 years old. (Depending on what player you get in return). But if you package Miller, Faried, and Chandler in one package you better be getting a very good boarder line all star type player. That would be a lot to give up to get a step above a role player.
                          Do you believe trading Quincy Miller and Darrell Arthur with a random pick would net us something of significance at SG? When I said Miller, Faried and possibly a guy like Chandler I'm not implying we trade all three of them. I'm saying these are guys who either present value with their contracts and play or guys that we maybe willing to depart with because of their playing time and contracts. The only way I would ever endorse something like that is if we were acquiring a player like Kevin Love. The thing is though, I missed us actually having 5 PF's now (1 non-garaunteed). That gives me every indication that this team is going to be looking to package a PF with Andre Miller who every news outlet has reported we are actively seeking to trade. Who cares about the age of the roster when Andre can't defend, he can't run the floor, he was completely down on the team last year. What is he really offering at this point? He's got $5 mil a year contract and this late into his career I'm sure he'd be on board to be delt to a team that has a better chance at contending then we do. So why not trade him for whatever we can get at value and just keep what we have? I'd be more on board with it had we retained Julyan Stone just from a depth perspective but Fournier has shown some ability to play limited minutes at the point.

                          Also our oldest player would be 26 years old (Wilson Chandler and Moz if he resigns)
                          Last edited by Matymaddog; 07-07-2013, 07:57 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                            Do you believe trading Quincy Miller and Darrell Arthur with a random pick would net us something of significance at SG? When I said Miller, Faried and possibly a guy like Chandler I'm not implying we trade all three of them. The only way I would ever endorse something like that is if we were acquiring a player like Kevin Love. The thing is though, I missed us actually having 5 PF's now (1 non-garaunteed). That gives me every indication that this team is going to be looking to package a PF with Andre Miller who every news outlet has reported we are actively seeking to trade. Who cares about the age of the roster when Andre can't defend, he can't run the floor, he was completely down on the team last year. What is he really offering at this point? He's got $5 mil a year contract and this late into his career I'm sure he'd be on board to be delt to a team that has a better chance at contending then we do. So why not trade him for whatever we can get at value and just keep what we have? I'd be more on board with it had we retained Julyan Stone just from a depth perspective but Fournier has shown some ability to play limited minutes at the point.

                            Also our oldest player would be 26 years old (Wilson Chandler and Moz if he resigns)
                            Believe me I want Andre gone too. If we did package all 3 I'd like us to pursue Eric Gordon.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Is this the same JJ Hickson "journeyman" that the Sacramento Kings thought so highly of that they waived him a year ago when Jason Thompson beat him out?

                              That JJ Hickson?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X