Nuggets Sign JJ Hickson - 3 Year / 15 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    Is this the same JJ Hickson "journeyman" that the Sacramento Kings thought so highly of that they waived him a year ago when Jason Thompson beat him out?

That JJ Hickson?
    Journeyman? lol I'd hardly call him a journeyman. He's not a bad player because the Kings made a stupid decision like they usually do. He averaged a double double this past year with Portland despite being an undersized C. This also gives us 2 of the best offensive rebounders in the NBA (Faried and Hickson were both top 10 last year). With more minutes, it's likely McGee will be up there as well. We needed a lot of help on the boards, that's where Hickson will make his money for us.

Comment

Good signing. Another young player to add for this team. Now get rid of miller and we'll have something going
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
        Good signing. Another young player to add for this team. Now get rid of miller and we'll have something going
        hear hear!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Journeyman? lol I'd hardly call him a journeyman. He's not a bad player because the Kings made a stupid decision like they usually do. He averaged a double double this past year with Portland despite being an undersized C. This also gives us 2 of the best offensive rebounders in the NBA (Faried and Hickson were both top 10 last year). With more minutes, it's likely McGee will be up there as well. We needed a lot of help on the boards, that's where Hickson will make his money for us.
          You might want to take a quick glance at the definition of the term "journeyman". JJ Hickson has been in the league for 6 seasons, and has played on 3 teams, the last being the Portland Trailblazers who also weren't interested in re-signing the guy. So, I guess they are also "stupid", like the Kings. And the Nuggets are brilliant.

Here's a great article from today's Post by Terry Frei that might serve as a reality check for those who think that everything the Nuggets Owner's kid does is great.

http://www.denverpost.com/frei/ci_23...at-credibility

Comment

You might want to take a quick glance at the definition of the term "journeyman". JJ Hickson has been in the league for 6 seasons, and has played on 3 teams, the last being the Portland Trailblazers who also weren't interested in re-signing the guy. So, I guess they are also "stupid", like the Kings. And the Nuggets are brilliant.

Here's a great article from today's Post by Terry Frei that might serve as a reality check for those who think that everything the Nuggets Owner's kid does is great.

Again, that article is a conspiracy theory piece that should be thrown in the garbage bin. It makes no sense as I stated in the other thread. Also, just about every player in the NBA is a "Journeyman" as we all know it's a very special thing to play for one team your entire career.

What say you about Chauncey Billups? He played for 4 different teams in his first 6 years. Celtics, Raptors, Nuggets, Timberwolves. He has now played for a total of 7 different teams in his career.

You use the word journeyman as a demeaning term, so should we look down on Chauncey?
            Last edited by Matymaddog; 07-08-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Nuggets got great value in this signing. Our O is much more suited for a half court offense now. Our centers worry me. Methinks we're still working out another trade besides getting Foye.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

In the NFL, yeah that's a journeyman, however that's per the norm for most players in the NBA. It was a dumb move by the Kings because they traded Omri Cassippi and 1st round pick for Hickson and then waived him the same season. The Trailblazers already have LaMarcus Aldridge at PF and Hickson doesn't have the size to play C so bringing him back wasn't something they needed to do.

I read the article and it seems like a huge overreaction. To say the Nuggets will miss the playoffs is too much. We were the 3 seed this past season, all we've lost so far has been Koufos and Iguodala. If Brewer and Mozgov leave, it's still not big deal. This is still an extremely talented playoff team.

Comment

Working...
                X