Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Nuggs will not trade Anre Miller

http://fansided.com/2013/07/25/denve...-andre-miller/

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Don't believe it, you'll trade him at the deadline for a big guy
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post

Told ya. Now go cry. And clever title...not.

OH BURN. <3
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Ill booooo this also!
        sigpic

Comment

I won't believe this until the season actually starts. As of right now, to me, we are just trying to keep his value as high as we can.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
            I won't believe this until the season actually starts. As of right now, to me, we are just trying to keep his value as high as we can.
            Agreed. I think we will still trade him. Unless for some reason we are going to play Nate at SG. Otherwise, we don't have a spot for him, unless its back up back up PG, and he won't take that.

We'll see what happens. Hopefully when we do, which is almost enevitable, we can get something decent.
            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

agree as well. Just trying to find a good deal. Probably deal him during the season if we have to, teams always need a PG.

Comment

hes as good as gone, the question is when will it happen
                sigpic

Comment

Every year a load of GM's say someone will not be traded and every year a lot of those guys are traded. They seem to believe it increases the value they can get. I don't buy any word of it until the deadline passes.

Comment

How much are we paying him? And honest question how many teams carry three point guards?

I don't pay close enough attention. I'm guessing teams do its just the third one isn't usually high profile like Andre Miller.

But my guess is why would anyone offer anything knowin we won't want to carry a decently paid third point guard? Especially at his age.

He is probably better than half the league at his position but is still a semi high risk at his age. Don't really see what's in it for another team to offer us something.

I may be way off base on this but I wouldn't be surprised to either carry him another year or figure out a way to release him.
                    sigpic

Comment

$5 million. Next year his contract is non-garaunteed. We could fetch something for him. A vet point guard who is pass first and is essentially an expiring contract. Though he has putrid defense

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                        $5 million. Next year his contract is non-garaunteed. We could fetch something for him. A vet point guard who is pass first and is essentially an expiring contract. Though he has putrid defense
                        My main question is what reason does another team have to give up a prospect or middle aged vet for an over the hill PG that has 2-3 years left tops? I mean maybe an immediate upgrade but wouldn't be around long.

What would they have to gain?

Maybe a Lakers, Heat, Thunder team using him as a backup? I would think only a team with nothing to lose would feel comfortable taking a risk on him. And they have no reason to. A team who needs to take that next step might want him but it's a much bigger risk for them as they would have more to lose.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          My main question is what reason does another team have to give up a prospect or middle aged vet for an over the hill PG that has 2-3 years left tops? I mean maybe an immediate upgrade but wouldn't be around long.

What would they have to gain?

Maybe a Lakers, Heat, Thunder team using him as a backup? I would think only a team with nothing to lose would feel comfortable taking a risk on him. And they have no reason to. A team who needs to take that next step might want him but it's a much bigger risk for them as they would have more to lose.
                          Well, a team like the Rockets could potentially use him if they are not confident in Aaron Brooks or Canaan. Other than that, the only reason I could see someone trading for them is if they lost their PG to season ending injury and were competitive for the playoffs. A team like Utah needs a PG, all they have is Trey Burke. Maybe they would want him because he's a vet who could help ease the transition on top of being an expiring contract but who knows? The thing about Miller is that it's not only that he's a veteran PG who can clearly pass the ball but him being an expiring contract also makes him trade-able to not as competitive teams. What would we want for return is where things start to get shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                            Well, a team like the Rockets could potentially use him if they are not confident in Aaron Brooks or Canaan. Other than that, the only reason I could see someone trading for them is if they lost their PG to season ending injury and were competitive for the playoffs. A team like Utah needs a PG, all they have is Trey Burke. Maybe they would want him because he's a vet who could help ease the transition on top of being an expiring contract but who knows? The thing about Miller is that it's not only that he's a veteran PG who can clearly pass the ball but him being an expiring contract also makes him trade-able to not as competitive teams. What would we want for return is where things start to get shaky.
                            To me expiring contract means wait till next year and sign him in Free agency so you don't have to give up anything but cash for him.

It's not like Melo or Dwight Howard that we are talking about here. Not a high sought after commodity to go trading afraid some other team will beat you to it.

I can see the injury thing playing out where we get lucky. Outside of that if I'm a GM I wait till his contract expires and he becomes a FA. If he retires then it proves you shouldn't have wasted your picks, prospects, vets on him.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              To me expiring contract means wait till next year and sign him in Free agency so you don't have to give up anything but cash for him.

It's not like Melo or Dwight Howard that we are talking about here. Not a high sought after commodity to go trading afraid some other team will beat you to it.

I can see the injury thing playing out where we get lucky. Outside of that if I'm a GM I wait till his contract expires and he becomes a FA. If he retires then it proves you shouldn't have wasted your picks, prospects, vets on him.
                              You trade for him to see if you do want to sign him in FA. If he plays well, you sign him in FA. If not, let some other poor sucker overpay for him
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                              X