No announcement yet.

Rockies vs. Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargo prolly going on the DL... absolutely no reason to watch em if that happens
    rockies decided they arnt contending anyway better to not risk more injury .

Edit: apparantly no DL - off season rest only thing that will help.
    Last edited by Blondie79; 07-31-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
      Cargo prolly going on the DL... absolutely no reason to watch em if that happens
      rockies decided they arnt contending anyway better to not risk more injury .

Edit: apparantly no DL - off season rest only thing that will help.
      I don't understand when and why you and Broncoholic make statements like the one in your first paragraph.

Granted I can't watch the games daily but I do still track the team closely. But you guys make it sound like you are Cargo fans not Rockies fans. Don't get offended because I know this isn't the case but those statements make it sound that way.

But how is Cargo getting hurt the reason to bail? He isn't the only one performing. Tulo and Cuddy may have less HR's and RBI's but both have a higher batting average and are both solid fielders.

I didn't hear anyone saying no reason to watch the team after Tulo went on the DL. And he was hitting nearly .350 at the time.

Also Chacin, Chatwood and De La Rosa for the most part are all performing well.

Yes the pen is garbage and the 4 and 5 starters are a joke. And yes half the offense is a joke at times. But Cargo is far from the only day to day performer.

I'm not bashing him by any means but to pretend like he is the only one out there putting forth effort is a joke.

Like I said I can't watch daily anyway so I'm not acting for a second like I'm a bigger fan. But if y'all feel the team isn't worth watching it should be because overall they are terrible right now. Not just because Cargo got hurt.
      sigpic

Comment

CarGo is much more exciting than either of those two. 5 tool player.

I love Cuddyer, fun to watch, but he's not a sole reason to keep watching. You know what he'll do...hustle, good AB's, smart player. Glad he's a Rockie.

Tulo goes down all the time...kind of used to it. Awesome player, best SS in the game...but not enough excitement with him to watch solely for him. You know he'll make some crazy nice plays in the hole, we've seen him do it for years. We know he could hit for the cycle or hit a 450 foot HR. But he doesn't have all the tools CarGo does.

CarGo is my favorite player, hands down. Get over it. You never know what he'll do. 5-5? 7 RBI? 3 HR game? Stealing a HR over the fence? Making a diving catch? Cycle? 3 SBs? Throwing a guy out at home? Hell, he's coming close to throwing guys out at 1st from LF on fly outs. He's the kind of player that makes the game exciting, even if the team is under performing. He's that good of a player to where he can be a sole reason to watch a team that is sucking.

And you're damn right that isn't the case because I've attended 19 home games already this year. I love my Rockies but CarGo is a big reason why I keep giving my damn money to these pathetic owners. Without him...I would likely be doing what I should already be doing...not attending until they sell the damn team. But...don't want to miss what he could do any given night.
        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

And I get that you're not from here, so you can't watch every game.

But Blondie and I stick it out through whole damn season and are the only ones who talk Rockies on a consistent basis of the people who partake in the Rockies threads. We've pained ourselves through almost every game the last couple years when we've been talking Rockies on this message board.

We love our team, or we wouldn't do that. When a team is so bad that we are getting just clobbered nightly and losing to three of the worst teams at home...I don't think it's a bad thing to take a couple nights off of watching a 162 game season when the most exciting player is out. If she wants to do that...so be it...hell...I might do it also. It takes a toll on a fan watching your team that you love get their asses kicked on a nightly basis especially with the team we have on paper.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
            And I get that you're not from here, so you can't watch every game.

But Blondie and I stick it out through whole damn season and are the only ones who talk Rockies on a consistent basis of the people who partake in the Rockies threads. We've pained ourselves through almost every game the last couple years when we've been talking Rockies on this message board.

We love our team, or we wouldn't do that. When a team is so bad that we are getting just clobbered nightly and losing to three of the worst teams at home...I don't think it's a bad thing to take a couple nights off of watching a 162 game season when the most exciting player is out. If she wants to do that...so be it...hell...I might do it also. It takes a toll on a fan watching your team that you love get their asses kicked on a nightly basis especially with the team we have on paper.
            Amen

Watched this team year in year out, besides one really good season it has been nothing but the same old crap every yr, The owners are the real problem with this team and until this org is sold it will remain the same crap every yr.

Cargo is fun to watch, as is cuddy, tulo and a few others...without these guys in the lineup in a team alrdy taking a pounding every nite you bet i get frustrated watching them get 2 hits the whole game...Even with them in the lineup its hard to watch at times.

The Rockies have frustrated us Fans for years, at some point you just need to take a break...so if i dont wish to watch a game.. i wont.. doesnt mean i dont support the team any less, just means im upset watching them day in day out, struggling.

I watched EVERY game last yr and the yr before and the yr before that. Heck i even find a way to watch the non televised games.

Comment

This ump is disgusting (yes I'm still torturing myself by watching it)
              Uh tulo got tossed

Comment

It's about damn time someone did. Good job Tulo.

Normally, I'd be livid with Tulo getting himself tossed without CarGo and Cuddy....but with that wuss of a manager Walt...I think that's like our first ejection all year.

Hope to see quite a few more.

Edit: Forgot about Wilton and Wright against Nats earlier
                Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 08-01-2013, 06:33 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I think y'all took that to heart more than I intended.

I'm not asking to not be amazed by Cargo or not be your favorite player. I just think there is way more to the team than just him. Maybe I shouldn't say way more but I for one still like Tulo, Cuddy, Chacin De la rosa and Chatwood. Still a fan of Dex too.

Granted they are giving tons of things to complain about as a team lately. And you have every right to. I just no good and well y'all watch for more than Cargo.

And yes I don't comment on here everyday but it doesn't mean I don't still follow the team. Heck I still had hope that they could sweep the three worst teams in baseball at home and get back in the division lead.

But I also just don't have time anymore to post all the time. Have an 11 month old at home and Saturday through Monday it's just me watching him. So I don't get online much. Other times I forget to come on and discuss it. And quite frankly don't feel like coming on to only complain since that seems to be all to do with the team lately.

I still read y'all's posts though alot more than you realize. So my point is I would prefer to keep y'all updating threads even if Cargo is out. Gets me more of an inside scoop than scorecenter.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's all good. I'm not mad. Just explaining my point of view on the matter.

sigpic

Comment

Rockies are giving them 2 K's an inning. Hope they win A game this road trip.

Comment

ditto im not mad either, just explaining also.

Im a true denver sports fan - meaning i watch every team nuggets (even tho i hate the nba crap, refs etc) Rapids, Rox, Broncos, Avs.
                        I find it hard to not follow games no matter how badly the team is playing

Im glad tulo got himself thrown out too... the uh was @ the umpire lol ... someone needs to show some fire because walt sure aint doing it.

Comment

Rockies suck.

What else is new.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Man this bullpen blows, use to be one of our strong areas now its uh

Comment

The high school coach experiment needs to end this season. This team tanked right on cue in July. He shows no emotion and looks overwhelmed sometimes. The Majors is not where you learn on the job. And the fact that he was a fan favorite as a player buys him zilch with the fans and media. This team is painful to watch.

Comment

gonna get swept in next series no doubt... pirates are playing really good ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X