Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• famicommander
    replied
    God that was terrible. There was no reason they should have left that goalie in there; he looked like he had money on the Hounds in the first half.

The Outlaws do this to me EVERY FREAKING YEAR.

Eric Law scored NINE GOALS in this game. That breaks the playoff record of seven goals in a game for a single player and ties the record for goals scored by a player in ANY game... and we still can't do it.

There were no excuses this year. We were healthy. We were the best team. We had the most All-Stars, we had the most All-MLL players, we nearly swept the postseason awards. We won every game by at least two goals, and by an average of 7. We beat every other team in the league TWICE, home and away.

And they still couldn't do it. We have exactly TWO losses in the last fourteen months, and both were playoff games.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get suckered into thinking we have a chance next year, too. I feel like a freaking Buffalo Bills fan in the early 90s.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by famicommander View Post
    Game time!
    Looks like 1 and done. Seems to be a trend for Denver sports teams lately.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    Game time!

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    Game 1 of the playoffs starts in less than an hour and a half. 11:00 AM MT on ESPN2.

Winner advances to tomorrow's final.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/2...ve-player-year

Outlaws Defenseman Lee Zink named Defensive Player of the Year for the second year in a row. This year he got all 16 first place votes.

Offensive player of the year went to Hamilton's Kevin Crowley. Only award left is MVP.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    Outlaws goalie Jesse Schwartzman wins MLL Goalie of the Year:
    http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/2...or-goalie-year

Really no way anybody else could get it.

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Sure thing.

If they can pull this off it'll be the first Denver title since the Rapids in 2010, and before that the Mammoth in 2006, the Crush in 2005, and then way back to the Avs in 2001.

Hopefully Pat Bowlen ends up with TWO championship rings this year, as he owns both the Outlaws and the Broncos.
    Had no idea Pat owned the Outlaws. Pretty cool

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/2...mproved-player

Outlaws midfielder Drew Snider earns MLL Most Improved Player in his second year. This year he finished with 46 points as compared to 12 in his rookie campaign.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    http://www.insidelacrosse.com/news/2...ine-coach-year

Naturally the Outlaws' head coach Jim Stagnitta won the Coach of the Year.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    Sure thing.

If they can pull this off it'll be the first Denver title since the Rapids in 2010, and before that the Mammoth in 2006, the Crush in 2005, and then way back to the Avs in 2001.

Hopefully Pat Bowlen ends up with TWO championship rings this year, as he owns both the Outlaws and the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    Most of their games are available nationally.

They had quite a few games on ESPN2 and CBS Sports Network this year, in addition to one game broadcast live for free on Youtube. The few that don't get picked up nationally are on Altitude or Altitude 2.

http://www.majorleaguelacrosse.com/watchMLL/

For the playoffs, both Outlaws games are on ESPN2 (assuming they advance to the title game). Game 1 is on Saturday the 24th at 1:00 EST/11:00 MST, the title game is Sunday the 25th at 7 EST/5 MST
    Oh wow, I'll have to keep an eye out going forward. I had no idea. I don't get altitude or cbs sports network but I do get ESPN2 so I will have to keep an eye out. I'll def tun into those next few games. Thanks for the link buddy

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    Most of their games are available nationally.

They had quite a few games on ESPN2 and CBS Sports Network this year, in addition to one game broadcast live for free on Youtube. The few that don't get picked up nationally are on Altitude or Altitude 2.

http://www.majorleaguelacrosse.com/watchMLL/

For the playoffs, both Outlaws games are on ESPN2 (assuming they advance to the title game). Game 1 is on Saturday the 24th at 1:00 EST/11:00 MST, the title game is Sunday the 25th at 7 EST/5 MST

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    That's pretty awesome. Yea we went to high school together then he played nearby at Rutgers. He was quite the receiver in high school but was always loads better at LAX. LAX is real big in my area. Half of my friends coach or give private instructions for it but he was the only one good enough to play professionally. I would def keep track of them if I got the games out here on a regular basis because I root for all Denver teams, watch LAX in general but mostly get college games on TV like cuse, and would be all about watching him because I haven't seen him play since his days at Rut. It is growing at such a rapid pace these last 10 years which is pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    Pennington has played well for them these last few weeks. Their best player, Brendan Mundorf, has not played in two weeks due to a year-long sports hernia/abdominal strain/general rest. And Pennington has done well in his absence. He had a goal and an assist today, and has had at least three points in three straight games. He's also been big on getting loose balls. It's cool that you know him.

There are quite a few Outlaws with local ties. Midfielder Andrew Lay was born in Denver and graduated from East High School and Denver University. The same is true for Dillon Roy. And rookie Eric Law went to Arapahoe High School and gradutaed from DU just this year.

Leave a comment:

• Matymaddog
    replied
    The Outlaws beat the Hamilton Nationals 18-12 today, finishing their regular season a perfect 14-0. It is the first undefeated regular season in league history.

The Outlaws won every game by at least two goals, they beat every other team in the league twice (home and away), and their average margin of victory was 6.93 points.

The MLL Playoffs takes the form of a four team, two day tournament on Saturday and Sunday Aug 24-25. The Outlaws will play the 7-7 Charlotte Hounds, and the winner of that game will play the winner of the game between the Chesapeake Bayhawks and Hamilton Nationals (both 9-5) on Sunday the 25th.

The Outlaws have made the playoffs all eight years of their existence and have been to four title games (including last year's) but so far have been unable to seal the deal.

If they're ever going to do it, this has got to be the year. For more, check out the official team blog story:
    http://www.outlawslowdown.com/2013/0...h-regular.html
    Awesome. A friend of mine plays mid for them. Justin Pennington. Played football together in high school. Kid had the biggest calves

Leave a comment:

Working...
X