Games 120-122: Monday August 12th through Wed August 14th. Rockies vs Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Excuses. The Rockies had plenty of talent the years he was here.

And that 90 games below because of the Rockies completely ignores that he has a losing record in Pittsburgh in three seasons despite this season.

Not to mention I know this current 4 game losing streak isn't a big deal yet. But it already has their fans wondering if oh here we go again.

Pirates ownership has a history of dispatching talent at the trade deadline. Their ownership is no better just because this year is going well. We had 2 years like that in the past 6 as well. Granted hurdle was at the helm of one but it was a lightning in a bottle finish to an average season.

I'll give him credit if they hang on for the postseason. But I think some of y'alls memory needs a refresher.

I do agree however that Walt is bad. But I want no part of Hurdle again.
    Have you watched the Pirates the past few years? When Hurdle took over that team was beyond awful. The past 2 years they have gotten off to great starts only to fade the 2nd half of the year. This year they look built for the long haul. Baseball is not like other sports, it takes years to build a team. Especially with a team franchise like Pitt.

As for their ownership, they have made moves the past few years at the deadline to get better. And in the offseason. So their ownership is light years ahead of our pathetic owners.
    sigpic

Comment

No, I don't need a refresher.

Looking back at the teams he had from 2002-2008/9...and looking at the records with some of them is pretty decent.

Then you take a look at all the talent and potential Walt has right now...and I just wonder what Hurdle could do with this group of guys.

No reason our offense shouldn't be top 3-5.

Our defense is great.

We have 2 really good starters in Chacin and DLR. We have a good one in Chatwood. Decent and high potential in Nicasio. And strictly potential in Pomeranz.

Our bullpen should be solid at worst with Ottavino, Belisle, Brothers and Betancourt. Lopez was supposed to be good.

I'd love to see what Hurdle could get out of this team.

That however doesn't mean Hurdle would be my first choice for a new coach.
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

lol WOW @ that double play

poor base running but good job by torre

Comment

Dickerson is a boss
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
            No, I don't need a refresher.

Looking back at the teams he had from 2002-2008/9...and looking at the records with some of them is pretty decent.

Then you take a look at all the talent and potential Walt has right now...and I just wonder what Hurdle could do with this group of guys.

No reason our offense shouldn't be top 3-5.

Our defense is great.

We have 2 really good starters in Chacin and DLR. We have a good one in Chatwood. Decent and high potential in Nicasio. And strictly potential in Pomeranz.

Our bullpen should be solid at worst with Ottavino, Belisle, Brothers and Betancourt. Lopez was supposed to be good.

I'd love to see what Hurdle could get out of this team.

That however doesn't mean Hurdle would be my first choice for a new coach.
            I get all that man. I said in my first post I'm no fan of Walt.

I just don't really get the Hurdle love. Even if he is part of helping the Pirates turn it around.
            sigpic

Comment

It really doesnt matter whoever is/has been a manager in this organization is in a position to fail the FO doesnt believe in fielding a winning team, they could care less who they name manager for the simple reason its a dictatorship. What they say goes, a manager is just someone to pass the blame on too. Granted walt has the emotion of a snail and should never have been hired for this role.

As long as momforts are getting there $$ nothing else matters

Not looking forward to the day the players like cargo realize this and look to be traded.

Comment

The thing I like best about Hurdle is that he tells his players to simplify their at-bats when they're in a hitting slump individually or as a team instead of driving them nuts with a bunch of tweaks and adjustments thrown out there just to see if they'll work. It's a simple approach but it's worked well for him and his teams when they're in need of a lift.

and

Screw this team.

Go Orioles.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X