Games 123-125: Rockies @ Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rockies] Games 123-125: Rockies @ Orioles

4 homers, good start by Nicasio and our bullpen did great minus Brothers' HR.

What is wrong here with this picture? :thumb:
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

We win a few towards end of season so makes team look good enough to keep weiss and staff - monforts can say we are contenders blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
      We win a few towards end of season so makes team look good enough to keep weiss and staff - monforts can say we are contenders blah blah blah
      Y'all really gotta get over this thing with Weiss.

I'm not a huge fan either but it's his first season. Give the guy a break. He is learning on the job.

Honestly I think he is over achieving for his first season. So of course their is no reason the owners would fire him after 1 season. I seriously doubt they would have anyway unless he went like 50-112. It's extremely unrealistic to think otherwise.

Last season this team was 64-98. That means Walt is only 7 wins away from surpassing that. And I would guess he has a good shot at reaching 70 wins in his first season.

So why oh why would improving the team in his first season constitute getting fired?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I'm not a huge fan either but it's his first season. Give the guy a break. He is learning on the job.

Honestly I think he is over achieving for his first season. So of course their is no reason the owners would fire him after 1 season. I seriously doubt they would have anyway unless he went like 50-112. It's extremely unrealistic to think otherwise.

Last season this team was 64-98. That means Walt is only 7 wins away from surpassing that. And I would guess he has a good shot at reaching 70 wins in his first season.

So why oh why would improving the team in his first season constitute getting fired?
        lol i wasnt really digging at weiss... it was directed at the owners... my huge issue with weiss is - he has ZERO emotion, he does not fight for his team.

Anyway i still see the same old rockies team so please explain to me where the improvement is??? Record may be a little better than last yr but we are from contenders, isnt that the job of every manager? to get a team into contention? you think 70 wins in ur first season as a manager is acceptable? as a fan of the rockies it is NOT acceptable.

Take a look at the talent on our roster.... we SHOULD be contenders ....so nope i dont buy the whole walt weiss has over achieved thing.

When the team has a winning record and performing the way it should be maybe ill get off the owners and managers back .. until then as a long time rox fan - i have the right to voice how i feel about the team. I can bet you at least 95% of rockies fans would agree with me.

Comment

That's the thing...Weiss isn't learning on the job. He continues to make the same boneheaded mistakes he made at the beginning of the year.
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

This is the attitude that Monfort and O'Dowd are banking on the fans having to keep from having to make actual improvements to the team. Yay, we aren't horrible now.....just mediocre, so let's celebrate and buy more tickets and merch from a mediocre team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
              This is the attitude that Monfort and O'Dowd are banking on the fans having to keep from having to make actual improvements to the team. Yay, we aren't horrible now.....just mediocre, so let's celebrate and buy more tickets and merch from a mediocre team.
              This ^^^^ as long as $$ coming in who cares?

Comment

Arenado. Tulo. Manship.

Smh...smh...smh...
                2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                  Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                  This ^^^^ as long as $$ coming in who cares?
                  Life must suck always being as negative and paranoid as you two are.
                  sigpic

Comment

huh? really? im far from paranoid. this organization has been the same for YEARS monforts are one of worst owners in sports.

Is there really anything the rockies have done this season that should stop me from feeling negative right now?

I think this is like the 3rd time you have jumped on me about the rockies... quit trying to pick arguments with everyone, open your eyes and take a good look at the rockies... Its not pretty.

Comment

Life must suck always being as negative and paranoid as you two are.
                      Try being a season ticket holder from the get go like I have been. The M.O. Of the organization has been the same for a looooooooooooooong time. It gets tiring. Whenever the team truly is one piece away, who is that piece.......Roy Oswalt or Jeff Francis. Wash.......rinse.....and repeat.

Comment

What are you talking about DenverBlood? The ownership has always been that way.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

DJ is just meh to me. He is ok, but not starter material. Wanna see what Culberson has
                          sigpic

Comment

Lol our bullpen is a joke

Comment

LOL not gonna make a new thread for it.. Walked off back to back - what a joke, done watching em for the yr

Comment

Working...
                              X