Avs trade Steve Downie for Maxime tolbet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Avs] Avs trade Steve Downie for Maxime tolbet

The #Avalanche has acquired Maxime Talbot from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Steve Downie: http://bit.ly/19fneHN

I dont get this move, not at all... Why did we trade for another Center?

Sorry bout the spelling in the title lol

.... What the hell. Downie was our high energy guy, wasn't afraid to enforce and I thought he worked well with that line. Theyre about the same size but Downie is 3 years younger.

Talbot wasn't fitting in well this season in Philly. He better work out here.

and also, Maximus Halibut.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Talbot is signed for $1.75M through 2016, Downie is a UFA after this season making $2.75M. So, for those saying they're basically the same player and why make the trade, well, there's why.
      That makes a little more sense. Still though, why mess with the success we've been having?
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

I dont agree with this move at all, i love the way downie plays ... its about this season not next imo, why change wats working.

Comment

Downie has been one of my favorite players since we acquired him. Last year we really missed him and this year he was bringing that high energy that the team needs.

I'm pretty upset about this trade. But hopefully Tolbet can feel the roll. Though I don't understand another center at all look for him to get moved to wing there is no way they move John Mitchell from that slot.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I'll miss Downie. You knew when he was on the ice. It is what it is.
            Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Working...
            X