Trade McGee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Trade McGee

No reason to keep him. This team is looking very good without him. Hickson has been a beast at the 5 and Mozzy is playing very well backing him up.

Trade him to NY straight up for Shumpert.

Get rid of him while he still has value, because right now he is the 3rd best 5 on the team.
    sigpic

I'm in, but I doubt the Knicks would be stupid enough to do that.

Shaw has done a great job getting the players to buy in. Lawson is consistent every night. We're actually running half court plays and executing them, the defense is much improved without McGee. It's going to be really hard to get rid of that contract though.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

It will be interesting to see what role he has when he comes back. If Karl took heat for not trying to develop him then what pressure will Shaw feel. It would seem that we look better without him.

I'm all for a trade, I just don't think there will be any takers. NY is probably the best spot for need and their poor decision making.

If you need someone to dunk two basketballs while doing a 360 McGee is your guy. But, ask him to box someone out, not gonna happen.
      Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Would love to but I doubt anyone will trade for him cause of his contract.

I agree though we have looked a lot better with out him especially in the half court.

What were they thinking with giving him that contract anyways? Lol
        sigpic

Comment

Um no

let's trade away a player with tons of potential who needs to be developed away from the coach credited for helping develop one of the best centers in the league
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I would be fine if he didn't play or only played about 5 minutes a game when he came back, but worked extra on everything on the practice court.

He's still not worth anywhere close to his contract though.
            sigpic

Comment

I would be fine with a straight up salary dump. The guy is not a good basketball player and at some point you want to see some of his potential coming through and with Javale Mcgee, that is not the case. How many years has he been in the league now ? And it is still the same hope as people had from day one. He has potential to be amazing. When the hell will he become amazing ? He doesn't know how to play offense, he doesn't know how to play defense, he doesn't give max effort, he is overpaid and it's sad a control freak owner like Josh Kronke got rid of a great coach in part because he didn't play a guy he overpayed for.

Comment

He's now in his sixth year of great potential. Hibbard was good fundamentals made better with more fundamentals. McGee is freak athlete that wants to get by on that alone. I don't think he gets it, Shaw won't be the first guy that tried.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                  He's now in his sixth year of great potential. Hibbard was good fundamentals made better with more fundamentals. McGee is freak athlete that wants to get by on that alone. I don't think he gets it, Shaw won't be the first guy that tried.
                  If there's any guy that can do it I think Shaw is that guy, but I still doubt McGee can be receptive to it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Karl took a young kid raw with talent and helped him become a great big. His name was Shawn Kemp.

I'm persuaded that if McGee wanted to learn he would have
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      Karl took a young kid raw with talent and helped him become a great big. His name was Shawn Kemp.

I'm persuaded that if McGee wanted to learn he would have
                      Shawn Kemp had developed into a very good player before GK's arrival in Seattle. GK has zero history in developing big men, or even players for that matter. If anything he runs a system that allows him to avoid developing players because it masks their deficiencies.

Comment

Yeah, Karl has some good qualities but developing talent was not one of them. I'd love to be wrong about McGee. I hope Shaw and team can make something out of him. It's just a lot of money to pay for hope.

Comment

Nobody would give you a pack of gum for an overpaid, injury-prone, lazy, dumb, center who can't play long minutes because of asthma. Our team would look so much better right now with Koufos and Mozgov at center and Faried and Hickson at power forward.

McGee is the new Kenyon Martin. The overpaid big man that gets hurt. The difference is, Martin at least brought toughness and rebounding.
                          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

He's too thin and wiry to play the center position. I think he's better suited as a tower power forward, but Randolph does that for us already

Comment

Working...
                            X