X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rockies] Dexter Fowler Traded

O'Dowd and the Monfort's suck.

That is all.

The @astros acquire OF Dexter Fowler and PTBN from @Rockies for OF Brandon Barnes and RHP Jordan Lyles.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Uh not happy with this trade. Really liked Dex, wish him luck on his new opportunity.

Screw you Monfort and dowd.

Why are we always trading for prospects? or players who have struggled in the bigs..Dex will be a big loss on defense imo.
    Last edited by Blondie79; 12-03-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

We've got outfield depth. Cargo could start in center, I like Blackmon, deserves to start, and don't forget, we also have David Dahl who will come up soon.

Although I'm not sure about Barnes and Lyles.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Meh..... Trading down again. This sucks.

Here's an article on the Rockies' finances. Pretty hilarious stat at the end (5th pitcher).

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...ckies-finances
        Last edited by Houshmazode; 12-03-2013, 03:35 PM.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

Salary dump at its finest
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
            We've got outfield depth. Cargo could start in center, I like Blackmon, deserves to start, and don't forget, we also have David Dahl who will come up soon.

Although I'm not sure about Barnes and Lyles.
            Barnes is uh yeah not an upgrade over dex, Lyles was a top prospect but he has really struggled in the Bigs. As Housh said we traded down.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
              Barnes is uh yeah not an upgrade over dex, Lyles was a top prospect but he has really struggled in the Bigs. As Housh said we traded down.
              I wasn't against trading Fowler, but yeah we could've done better with this trade. Although I knew we wouldn't get much for Fowler.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not opposed to them dealing Fowler, but jeesh they got nothing back. Also, it didn't help O'Dowd had recently done interviews selling Fowler short.

Comment

Look at the good news, the Rockies now have the best CF in baseball - go CarGo! lol

Comment

Wow this front office is full of sucky. Hate this trade and makes no sense. I mean atleast attempt to get some quality players in return but its obvious its a salary dump.

O'dowd= worse GM in the bousiness
                    sigpic

Comment

A wild and crazy day of transactions
                      December, 3, 2013
                      Dec 3
                      6:21
                      PM ET
                      By David Schoenfield | ESPN.com

Recommend2
                      Tweet1
                      Comments0
                      Email
                      Print

Take a deep breath. If Tuesday's slew of transactions is any sign of what will happen at next week's winter meetings, then be prepared for a great week of rumors, deals and signings. As for Tuesday, so much happened that I'm starting to believe the Robinson Cano-to-the-Mariners rumors.

Let's start with the Astros acquiring Dexter Fowler from the Rockies. The Rockies have seemingly been shopping Fowler for years but apparently the market for him was more lukewarm than a three-day-old cup of Starbucks. Jordan Lyles is still young and throws strikes but has been hit hard at the major league level (5.35 career ERA with 65 starts) and doesn't possess a quality strikeout pitch; he's the kind of pitcher who will get absolutely destroyed at Coors Field.

Even if the Rockies will put a better defense behind than the Astros did -- Troy Tulowitzki and Nolan Arenado will help in that department -- Lyles appears to be a long shot to succeed. Brandon Barnes was a 27-year-old rookie center fielder who posted a .289 on-base percentage, struck out 127 times while walking just 21 times, and was 11-for-22 in stealing bases, a package that made him one of the worst percentage players in the majors. His defense is OK but he looks like a fourth outfielder at best.

What did the Astros get? A player with two years remaining until free agency who has averaged a consistent 2.4 WAR over the past three seasons. He's a good player who the Rockies always expected more from, perhaps creating a poor read of his actual value. There is the possibility that his numbers will crater outside of Coors Field -- he's hit .298 there in his career, .241 on the road -- but as a guy who takes his walks I like his chances to produce once we gets away from the Coors effect. Kudos to the Astros for acquiring some talent without giving up much return. With prospect George Springer presumably ready to take over center, I wouldn't be surprised to see Fowler move to left field; his bat won't play as well there but will improve the Astros' defense dramatically over the statue-like Chris Carter.

What were the Rockies thinking? Who knows. The Rockies and Mariners seem like the two franchises without any semblance of a game plan right now. Are they trying to win now? Are they trying to rebuild? Were they merely dumping a salary (Fowler will make $7.35 million in 2014, a relative bargain for a 2-WAR player)? Are they trying to improve the rotation or the offense? If I had to guess, the Rockies see this as a salary dump to clear space to sign a free-agent pitcher. Last year, Roy Oswalt, Jeff Manship, Drew Pomeranz, Collin McHugh and Chad Bettis combined to go 0-19 in 26 starts with a 7.42 ERA. Can't wait to see them sign Ervin Santana and be shocked when he gives up 40 home runs.

But there was more that happened on Tuesday ... much more!
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...f-transactions
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

Rockies remind me of the Marlins, just get rid of young talent for bags of skittles and MT.Dew.

Seeing trades like these makes me appreciate Dave Dombrowski even more.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Awful trade......

I wish someone would just burn the monforts house down. It needs to be done, they are both low life idiotic scumbags who contribute nothing to society. If they dropped dead tomorrow the world would be a better place.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                            Awful trade......

I wish someone would just burn the monforts house down. It needs to be done, they are both low life idiotic scumbags who contribute nothing to society. If they dropped dead tomorrow the world would be a better place.
                            I'm not a fan of them either, but that is cold.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                              I'm not a fan of them either, but that is cold.
                              I'm not a fan, and know nothing of the owners and front office, but I died laughing.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X