No announcement yet.

Rockies sign Justin Morneau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never knock the value of a Canadian first baseman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
      Meh, He's decent but we need better if we want to be a championship team. Agreed on an OF, Blackmon and Barnes ain't gonna cut it.
      Decent? By what possible reasoning?

Among second basemen with at least 400 at-bats last season LeMahieu was fifth in batting average behind Matt Carpenter, Marco Scutaro, Daniel Murphy, and Chase Utley. He was second among all second basemen in steals (and third place was LeMahieu's backup, Josh Rutledge). He was top ten in offensive WAR. 15th in RBI. This is among all players, not just National League. He figures to get around 600 at bats this season as compared to 404 last season, so those steals and RBI totals figure to increase significantly.

There aren't any second basemen better than LeMahieu that will be available this offseason, unless you want to give half a billion dollars to Robinson Cano.

There is no team in the league that would try to replace a 25 year old second basemen who can hit, field, and run the bases. He is not "decent", he is one of the better overall second basemen in the league and he's not even completed three full seasons in the Majors yet.
      Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Never knock the value of a Canadian first baseman!!!
        He's not even the best Canadian first baseman in baseball - Joey Votto is .

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Among second basemen with at least 400 at-bats last season LeMahieu was fifth in batting average behind Matt Carpenter, Marco Scutaro, Daniel Murphy, and Chase Utley. He was second among all second basemen in steals (and third place was LeMahieu's backup, Josh Rutledge). He was top ten in offensive WAR. 15th in RBI. This is among all players, not just National League. He figures to get around 600 at bats this season as compared to 404 last season, so those steals and RBI totals figure to increase significantly.

There aren't any second basemen better than LeMahieu that will be available this offseason, unless you want to give half a billion dollars to Robinson Cano.

There is no team in the league that would try to replace a 25 year old second basemen who can hit, field, and run the bases. He is not "decent", he is one of the better overall second basemen in the league and he's not even completed three full seasons in the Majors yet.
          Eek, although I respect your opinion, I just cannot agree.

2B I think are better than him:

1. Robinson Cano
          2. Dustin Pedroia
          3. Ian Kinsler
          4. Brandon Phillips
          5. Matt Carpenter
          6. Daniel Murphy
          7. Ben Zobrist
          8. Chase Utley
          9. Howie Kendrick
          10. Jose Altuve
          11. Neil Walker
          12. Rickie Weeks

All that said, I hope you end up being right; he's a stud and I eat crow .

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

You just proved my own point, he hasn't had a full season in the majors yet. So how can he be one of the better 2nd baseman in the league? Until he proves he can post those numbers for an entire year he remains a decent option that can be upgraded.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
              You just proved my own point, he hasn't had a full season in the majors yet. So how can he be one of the better 2nd baseman in the league? Until he proves he can post those numbers for an entire year he remains a decent option that can be upgraded.
              If you don't want him, I'm sure that my Cubs will gladly take him back
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
              X