Games 18-20: Colorado Rockies vs Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rockies] Games 18-20: Colorado Rockies vs Philadelphia Phillies

Well they finally weren't afraid to go over .500.

Already won the series against Philly with Nico going tomorrow

Also haven't looked too bad since the Marlins series. Pitching has been pretty solid.

But I'm guessing everyone still thinks Weiss is the worst manager in baseball.
    sigpic

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well they finally weren't afraid to go over .500.

Already won the series against Philly with Nico going tomorrow

Also haven't looked too bad since the Marlins series. Pitching has been pretty solid.

But I'm guessing everyone still thinks Weiss is the worst manager in baseball.
    I never really blamed walt.. o dowd and monforts are the issue. It doesnt matter who is running the team tbh Manager is just a Yes sir guy.

Anyway Rox havnt been particularly bad to watch, and have been on quite a tear offensivly lately, not bad to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
      I never really blamed walt.. o dowd and monforts are the issue. It doesnt matter who is running the team tbh Manager is just a Yes sir guy.

Anyway Rox havnt been particularly bad to watch, and have been on quite a tear offensivly lately, not bad to watch
      I agree with everything you said. I've never argued with people on here about the horrible ownership. I just feel bad for Walt for the hate he gets only being in his second year. He may not have deserved to jump from high school to Pro's but I don't think he is doing half bad so far. Of course we we have a long way left to go this season.

But 1.5 out of first place 21 games in is a good place to be for the Rox.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree with everything you said. I've never argued with people on here about the horrible ownership. I just feel bad for Walt for the hate he gets only being in his second year. He may not have deserved to jump from high school to Pro's but I don't think he is doing half bad so far. Of course we we have a long way left to go this season.

But 1.5 out of first place 21 games in is a good place to be for the Rox.
        I'm still cautiously optimistic about this team. So far, they don't seem comfortable unless they are at or below .500 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
          I'm still cautiously optimistic about this team. So far, they don't seem comfortable unless they are at or below .500 right now.
          Their two games above .500 so....,
          sigpic

Comment

Their two games above .500 so....,
            Two games above .500 doesn't mean squat. They need to sustain momentum, keep winning and win before and after the All Star break which has historically been when the team decides to call it a season.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
              Two games above .500 doesn't mean squat. They need to sustain momentum, keep winning and win before and after the All Star break which has historically been when the team decides to call it a season.
              That has nothing to do with your statement that they don't seem comfortable this RIGHT NOW unless they are at or below .500.

And I pointed out that two games over .500 clearly proves that statement wrong. And winning today I might add.

I never said they were going on to win the World Series.
              sigpic

Comment

That has nothing to do with your statement that they don't seem comfortable this RIGHT NOW unless they are at or below .500.

And I pointed out that two games over .500 clearly proves that statement wrong. And winning today I might add.

True, but if you check the score, you'll see that they are now losing. If they do go on to lose they will be one game above .500 which in my book is a .500 ballclub

Comment

Let me clarify that I AM a Rockies fan and have been since they broke into the league in 93. The reason behind my cynicism of the club is that they have provided a lot more heart break than good times over the course of their existence.

Comment

Really Walt????

Belisle? Smh thats why he is a bad manager, he is too loyal (IE Belisle, Lopez)
                    sigpic

Comment

and Walt hasn't had the first clue what he is doing since he took the job....

Not his fault, thats what you get when you hire a HS coach to manage a big league team....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                        and Walt hasn't had the first clue what he is doing since he took the job....

Not his fault, thats what you get when you hire a HS coach to manage a big league team....
                        Rockies had a chance to win it in the bottom of the 9th. They had the bases loaded and couldn't get it done. Looks like SF might salvage a win here.

Comment

Working...
                        X