Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Nuggets] Nuggets make offer for Love

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/0...age-for-trade/

"According to Bulpett, the Nuggets are piecing together a relatively enticing offer to send to the Timberwolves’ way. In a potential trade, Denver would be willing to send_Wilson Chandler,_Kenneth Faried_and another player—most likely_Arron Afflalo—that they would acquire via another trade.That particular deal with the Nuggets would certainly give the Wolves a lot that they should be looking for in a deal. They would get a young and talented power forward in Faried and would also address a major need by acquiring two dynamic perimeter scorers in Chandler and Afflalo. The addition of the two wings would also help defensively for Minnesota.However, it seems unlikely that the Timberwolves would be willing to part with Love for that package. A big reason why is the fact that, alsoaccording to Bulpett, the Nuggets would not be including their 11th_pick in the 2014 NBA Draft in the deal. It’s been made pretty clear that Minnesota would like to get talent and picks in a trade for Love, which is obviously not what they would be getting from Denver if the Nuggets don’t include their lottery pick."

Im a huge fan of Love, but we've seen this story before with Iggy. However, let's for arguments sake they do get Love and an extension, where do they go from there? Love doesnt make them championship contenders, but it does give them a foundation to entice higher profile FAs.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

If we shipped off McGee I would be fine with it but I don't want to lose Faried. I would rather throw in the 11th than Faried.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/0...age-for-trade/

"According to Bulpett, the Nuggets are piecing together a relatively enticing offer to send to the Timberwolves’ way. In a potential trade, Denver would be willing to send_Wilson Chandler,_Kenneth Faried_and another player—most likely_Arron Afflalo—that they would acquire via another trade.That particular deal with the Nuggets would certainly give the Wolves a lot that they should be looking for in a deal. They would get a young and talented power forward in Faried and would also address a major need by acquiring two dynamic perimeter scorers in Chandler and Afflalo. The addition of the two wings would also help defensively for Minnesota.However, it seems unlikely that the Timberwolves would be willing to part with Love for that package. A big reason why is the fact that, alsoaccording to Bulpett, the Nuggets would not be including their 11th_pick in the 2014 NBA Draft in the deal. It’s been made pretty clear that Minnesota would like to get talent and picks in a trade for Love, which is obviously not what they would be getting from Denver if the Nuggets don’t include their lottery pick."

Im a huge fan of Love, but we've seen this story before with Iggy. However, let's for arguments sake they do get Love and an extension, where do they go from there? Love doesnt make them championship contenders, but it does give them a foundation to entice higher profile FAs.
      Just for funs sake if the Nuggets do somehow get Love and an extension, what are their chances of landing either Carmelo or Lebron or both?
      sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
      UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
        Just for funs sake if the Nuggets do somehow get Love and an extension, what are their chances of landing either Carmelo or Lebron or both?
        5%, there best bet would be to prep for Durant in 2016. Him and Lawson are very good friends since their AAU days.

Comment

5%, there best bet would be to prep for Durant in 2016. Him and Lawson are very good friends since their AAU days.
          I would love Durant, but I really do think he stays in OKC.
          sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
          UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

I would love Durant, but I really do think he stays in OKC.
            I agree, but it's fun to hope

Comment

Zip and Zero. Lebron is not just a basketball player, he's a celebrity. No chance a celebrity comes to Denver, that would be taking himself out of the spotlight. Melo, he's a B-list celebrity wanting to be A-list. Again, coming back to Denver would be a step down.

Love appears to just want to get to play on a competitive team. That's the only reason the Nuggets will try to get him. He's a very good player that doesn't appear all that interested in the celebrity aspect of pro sports.
              Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                Zip and Zero. Lebron is not just a basketball player, he's a celebrity. No chance a celebrity comes to Denver, that would be taking himself out of the spotlight. Melo, he's a B-list celebrity wanting to be A-list. Again, coming back to Denver would be a step down.

Love appears to just want to get to play on a competitive team. That's the only reason the Nuggets will try to get him. He's a very good player that doesn't appear all that interested in the celebrity aspect of pro sports.
                This is exactly why he won't end up in a Nuggets uniform. The Nuggets can no longer be classified as a competitive team. They won't see the playoffs, let alone make a run to the finals for a few years. The team with the best chance of landing Love is Golden State.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                  This is exactly why he won't end up in a Nuggets uniform. The Nuggets can no longer be classified as a competitive team. They won't see the playoffs, let alone make a run to the finals for a few years. The team with the best chance of landing Love is Golden State.
                  That's where we have to disagree, the nuggets when healthy are a playoff team. Denver caught the injury bug, but they are a playoff team. I will say even with love they are not a championship contender, but Love on the roster makes them one piece away from it.

Comment

That's where we have to disagree, the nuggets when healthy are a playoff team. Denver caught the injury bug, but they are a playoff team. I will say even with love they are not a championship contender, but Love on the roster makes them one piece away from it.
                    I too think when healthy the Nuggets can get in the playoffs. Shaw gets a bit of a pass because of the injury bug.

Denver has to make a decision on Ty Lawson in my opinion. Is he the guy night in and night out or is he going to continue to be aggressive one night and passive the next? He's the motor and the motor sometimes just doesn't seem to run well.

I wish they could dump McGhee, I don't see him ever becoming consistent or hard working. If someone would take Danilo and his contract I'd be happy with that too.

I'd rather not lose Faried, he and Timofey seems to work on their game and bring something new each year. I think when Faried's athleticism begins to run low he'll still be in the league because he's been working on the little things. I struggle to understand why Denver is so quick to throw him in...maybe because other teams actually want him. Denver has to have pretty much disrespected him now to the point where he will leave.
                    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                      I too think when healthy the Nuggets can get in the playoffs. Shaw gets a bit of a pass because of the injury bug.

Denver has to make a decision on Ty Lawson in my opinion. Is he the guy night in and night out or is he going to continue to be aggressive one night and passive the next? He's the motor and the motor sometimes just doesn't seem to run well.

I wish they could dump McGhee, I don't see him ever becoming consistent or hard working. If someone would take Danilo and his contract I'd be happy with that too.

I'd rather not lose Faried, he and Timofey seems to work on their game and bring something new each year. I think when Faried's athleticism begins to run low he'll still be in the league because he's been working on the little things. I struggle to understand why Denver is so quick to throw him in...maybe because other teams actually want him. Denver has to have pretty much disrespected him now to the point where he will leave.
                      I am reserved on McGee until he has a full season under Shaw(I dont count his injury year) Shaw is well known as a player developer. Although, if we had a chance at a guy like Eugene Monroe I'd heavily consider it.

Comment

I love the optimism, however I feel that the Nuggets best days are behind them; especially playing in the highly competitive Western Conference. I would love to be proven wrong though. :2cents:

Comment

Working...
                        X