The official 2014-2015 Denver Nuggets thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Same can be said of Winslow. Plus we are in a debate of Wing vs Big defender, which in all honesty is basically personal preference.
    Like I said at this point I can probably agree. But all I know is if WCS lives up to the hype someday then I really really love Bigs. It's what I want in Denver.
    sigpic

Comment

• Kings coach George Karl wants to trade DeMarcus Cousins to the Nuggets for Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried, via @Raj_Sharan.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Kings coach George Karl wants to trade DeMarcus Cousins to the Nuggets for Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried, via @Raj_Sharan.
        Does GK have any GM influence? I'm a little skeptical giving up two of our best remaining pieces. But they are pieces that need to be dealt to completely transition our identity. But I think I like your scenario better than that one.
        sigpic

Comment

• ESPN reporting Kings owner won't allow GK to trade Cousins.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Does GK have any GM influence? I'm a little skeptical giving up two of our best remaining pieces. But they are pieces that need to be dealt to completely transition our identity. But I think I like your scenario better than that one.
            I think he has input, but not final say. The issue will become if Cousins refuses to play for Karl. We know how Boogie can get when he doesn't trust someone.

Comment

• That said Denver would have it's first star since Melo. It creates a lot of holes, and would leave only Gallo as the largest contract sans cousins. We could attract another big name player with the space.

Comment

That said Denver would have it's first star since Melo. It creates a lot of holes, and would leave only Gallo as the largest contract sans cousins. We could attract another big name player with the space.
                Yeah, A Cousins deal would really set the franchise on the right track. We know he likes Malone, so that could factor into Cousins being here long term. He is the most talented center in the NBA.

Karl has a say, but this could be something that could take months to develop. Especially if there is a rift in Sacramento between Boogie and GK. All I know is that the Kings are a mess.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                  Yeah, A Cousins deal would really set the franchise on the right track. We know he likes Malone, so that could factor into Cousins being here long term. He is the most talented center in the NBA.

Karl has a say, but this could be something that could take months to develop. Especially if there is a rift in Sacramento between Boogie and GK. All I know is that the Kings are a mess.
                  Cousins is too much like Melo but with far less playoff credits. He's a trap because like Melo he's got talent but is missing something that actually works well within a team.

Nurk had a great game against Cousins, made him snap. Head case in my book and either speaks volumes about what Nurk can be or shows what Cousins can't be.

I'd send Lawson and Chandler for their pick and pieces then draft Hezonja and Mudiay.
                  Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                    Cousins is too much like Melo but with far less playoff credits. He's a trap because like Melo he's got talent but is missing something that actually works well within a team.

Nurk had a great game against Cousins, made him snap. Head case in my book and either speaks volumes about what Nurk can be or shows what Cousins can't be.

I'd send Lawson and Chandler for their pick and pieces then draft Hezonja and Mudiay.
                    Cousins could potentially man the 4 for us. Nurkic and Cousins would be a scary thought. The key for a "smaller" market team is name recognition. Cousins puts us on the map. He also has a good relationship with Malone which is a major plus. Keeping star players from a larger market is huge. Look at Portland and Aldrige. It's part of the reason I think Hezonja might be the pick, due to his strong relationship with Nurk.

Comment

• The closer to the draft we get the more scared I get we take Mudiay.

Comment

Cousins could potentially man the 4 for us. Nurkic and Cousins would be a scary thought. The key for a "smaller" market team is name recognition. Cousins puts us on the map. He also has a good relationship with Malone which is a major plus. Keeping star players from a larger market is huge. Look at Portland and Aldrige. It's part of the reason I think Hezonja might be the pick, due to his strong relationship with Nurk.
                        Yeah, I guess they can't bang each other too much if they are on the same team, ha. Practices may get chippy.

We also have Jokic coming in and he appears to be NBA ready.

I like the swagger Hezonja brings, but I think he'll be gone if we don't get that pick.

I'm excited for the draft, I think there is a high quality player to be had at our pick.
                        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Dragic is 29 not the wrong side, and winslow is 6'6.5 aka a non issue
                          Giving a guy like Dragic a max contract is how you run a franchise into the ground. But after 1 year he will be, and Winslow is 6'4" thats what he measured at at the combine. It is an issue.
                          Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 06-23-2015, 10:59 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Would you guys give CHI Faried in exchange for pick #22?
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                              Giving a guy like Dragic a max contract is how you run a franchise into the ground. But after 1 year he will be, and Winslow is 6'4" thats what he measured at at the combine. It is an issue.
                              Again he will be 30 after a year, still not the wrong side of 30. Plus, just because you hit 30 doesn't mean you drop off a cliff. CP3 is 30, so I guess he can't be any good. Winslow measured 6'6.5 with shoes (what they play in) guys like Paul Pierce and Kawhi Leonard are both 6'7. So a 19 year old kid, who is still likely growing is a non issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                                Would you guys give CHI Faried in exchange for pick #22?
                                Absolutely not

Comment

Working...
                                X