No announcement yet.

The official 2014-2015 Denver Nuggets thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuggets pulled out a last second victory last night against Miami. We got a taste of how teams will likely play Mudiay. He struggled at times when MIA went underneath screens forcing him to take the 3 or drive into a crowded box. He also struggled with Shabazz's recovery off the screen, getting the ball stripped from behind on more than one occasion. He was also locked up by Winslow in the final possesions. Against quickness and length he needs a screen in order to create. That said, his offense was ok, and led the team to a comeback. Let's not forget this was our back to back vs a pretty good Heat team on rest. King Joff was good yet again, and it will be interesting to see if he can get minutes in the regular season. Also, another night and another shooter stepped up. It seems to be a log jam between Franklin, Green, and Clark.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Via Vic Lombardi Tmz reporting that Ty Lawson got another DUI.

I don't care what we get anymore. Just want this idiot gone. Let the wolves have him for Chicken feed. I agree with Chauncey that at this point he is going to be a bad role model for Mudiay. We can't risk that once the season begins.

Just get him out of town.
      sigpic

Comment

• I hate that the NBA has guaranteed contracts. If this were the NFL the Broncos would have been rid of Lawson long ago.

I just wish we could terminate his contract without owing him money at this point.

UGHHHH Make him go away!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Just read on twitter that the Nuggets are thinking about flat out releasing him and eating the contract. Not the most attractive option, but it needs to be done IMO so that we can just move on.
          sigpic

Comment

• What's left on his contract?
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              What's left on his contract?
              $12 Million this year, $13 next year, and a total of $38 Million Dead Space total, according to this site http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/ty-lawson/
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                $12 Million this year, $13 next year, and a total of $38 Million Dead Space total, according to this site http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/ty-lawson/
                Yuck. It may be time to pay him that to just stay away from the team though.

Ryan O'Reilly just got a DUI too.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                  Yuck. It may be time to pay him that to just stay away from the team though.

Ryan O'Reilly just got a DUI too.
                  I thought if someone else signed him then we would still owe but only a portion. Someone will sign him.
                  Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                    I thought if someone else signed him then we would still owe but only a portion. Someone will sign him.
                    Just found this, so basically if you can wear out your welcome but still be a desirable player it really pays off.

If another team signs a player who has cleared waivers, the player's original team is allowed to reduce the amount of money it still owes the player (and lower their team salary3) by a commensurate amount. This is called the right of set-off. This is true if the player signs with any professional team -- it does not have to be an NBA team. The amount the original team gets to set off is limited to one-half the difference between the player's new salary and the minimum salary for a one-year veteran (if the player is a rookie, then the rookie minimum is used instead).

For example, suppose a fifth-year player is waived with one guaranteed season remaining on his contract for $5 million. If this player signs a $1 million contract with another team for the 2011-12 season, his original team gets to set off $1 million minus $762,195 (the minimum salary for a one-year veteran in 2011-12), divided by two, or $118,902. The team is still responsible for paying $4,881,098 of the original $5 million. Note that between his prior team and new team the player will earn a combined $5,881,098, which was more than he earned prior to being waived.
                    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• I tell you what. I should've tried harder to be a lawyer.

They get paid bank for all these scandalous rules they come up with that actually get approved in court.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        I tell you what. I should've tried harder to be a lawyer.

They get paid bank for all these scandalous rules they come up with that actually get approved in court.
                        Law degrees are becoming more and more worthless. You can't pay them off, and finding quality jobs are becoming rarer and rarer. Criminal Justice programs are hard to find, which I know 1st hand because that was my major & I couldn't afford to keep pursuing it
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          Law degrees are becoming more and more worthless. You can't pay them off, and finding quality jobs are becoming rarer and rarer. Criminal Justice programs are hard to find, which I know 1st hand because that was my major & I couldn't afford to keep pursuing it
                          I'm pretty positive that whatever lawyers came up with these Pro sport CBA's are making bank.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Ty Lawson to the Rockets.

Finally!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                            Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                            Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                            Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                            I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Nuggets have potentially 4 1st rounders next year!

Remember the name Nick Johnson. Kid is a great defender and super athletic, he will fit in perfectly into what the Nuggets are trying to do.
                              sigpic

Comment

• The thing about the NBA is it really only takes two stud draft picks to turn your team around. Look at OKC. Hopefully Mudiay is the first stepping stone for the turn around. Finally lawson is gone!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X