X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

It makes any sense whatsoever for the Nuggets to beat the Pacers and Cavs on the road with a blowout loss to the Knicks sandwiched in between.

And tonight was on a back to back.

I sure wish Shaw would get over whatever it is he doesn't like about Garry Harris.
    sigpic

Comment

• Houshmazode
      The Mountaineer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      It makes any sense whatsoever for the Nuggets to beat the Pacers and Cavs on the road with a blowout loss to the Knicks sandwiched in between.

And tonight was on a back to back.

I sure wish Shaw would get over whatever it is he doesn't like about Garry Harris.
      Was surprised to see him and Nurkic riding the bench. Gee too, but Chandler played better and ate up plenty of minutes. He seems to be kind of like Fox in that he'll give veterans/more experienced players the upper hand even if they're playing bad for 2 weeks straight.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Spice 1
        Football Immortal
        • Sep 2004

Good effort by the Nuggs last night. They shot the ball well, and played tough on defense.

Comment

• Bronco51
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          Good effort by the Nuggs last night. They shot the ball well, and played tough on defense.
          I was floored by that. Actual hustle was shown.

Comment

• MegaOrange
            Special Teams
            • Jul 2012

Things are looking better, top 5 things I'd like to see this year

1. Get the ball to the post players. Moz can use his size in there. Faried has a jump hook that he's worked on.
            2. If we have Afflalo plans lets get to moving Foye (I don't dislike Foye, just would rather have Harris getting minutes)
            3. Robinson - he's fun but at the end of the day he's not a PG, he's the shortest SG in the league. He can't help the second unit unless he's on fire. We need to find a veteran PG that can competently spell Lawson.
            4. McGee - I have a soft spot for him but my gut screams at me that we have a career overpaid 2nd string center. I hope someone will take him.
            5. Get Nurkic minutes. The guy has sound fundamentals and can pass out of the post. He's got a toughness you don't see from many Euro's especially so young. If he's not playing he's going to lose his Euro fundamentals to Americanization. Get him in the game. His bball IQ is high and he'll actually help the team because of it when he's on the court.
            Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• HUMCALC
              Football Immortal
              • Jan 2011

CP bet anyone for the CHI game?
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Bronco51
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2005

Was nice to leave tonight's game early because they were handing out the whooping. McGee and Faried were killing it tonight.

Comment

• Houshmazode
                  The Mountaineer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  CP bet anyone for the CHI game?
                  Sure. Remind me if I forget, I don't always check this forum.
                  sigpic

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
                    Starter
                    • Nov 2010

December 30th. Save the date.

Nuggets will lose

Comment

• HUMCALC
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2011

CP bet anyone on tonight's game?
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                        #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                        • Sep 2009

Nuggets' Ty Lawson arrested on suspicion of DUI

Nuggets guard Ty Lawson was arrested Friday morning on suspicion of DUI, reports the Denver Post.

Lawson was stopped at 1:19 a.m. while driving 61 mph in a 35 mph zone in Denver. The police officer noticed slurred speech and his "breath had a strong odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage, balance was swaying/stumbling, eyes were bloodshot/watery," per the police report. Lawson failed a field sobriety test, and refused a chemical test, according to the officer.

Lawson currently leads the team in points (16.7) and assists (9.9) this season. He's also shooting 43.9 percent from the field, and 33.3 percent from downtown through 41 games. His status is now up in the air for Denver's home game against the Celtics on Friday.

The team released a statement on his arrest:

"We have been made aware of an incident involving Ty Lawson early this morning. Per team policy and out of respect for the legal process, we will have no further comment at this time," per ESPN Denver.
                        :doh:
                        Adopted Poster
                        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jun 2007

Went to the game, was 6 rows from the court. We got robbed late in the game down 3. Gallinari was definitely in the act of shooting when fouled. He likely hits those free throws to tie it up with 6 seconds left.

A couple things that stuck out.

Ty Lawson is amazing. He makes the team go, and when he wasn't. on the court we really struggled. He also seemed frustrated at times trying to communicate to our bigs.

Afflalo is really good, really glad we got him back.

Faried has a nice little running hook/floater type shot going for him.

Nurkic needs to be featured more in the post. He was backing jordan down fairly easily. Every time I watch us play, he impresses me.

This team is really close, we just desperately need someone to step up when ty Lawson goes to the bench

Comment

• MegaOrange
                            Special Teams
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            Went to the game, was 6 rows from the court. We got robbed late in the game down 3. Gallinari was definitely in the act of shooting when fouled. He likely hits those free throws to tie it up with 6 seconds left.

A couple things that stuck out.

Ty Lawson is amazing. He makes the team go, and when he wasn't. on the court we really struggled. He also seemed frustrated at times trying to communicate to our bigs.

Afflalo is really good, really glad we got him back.

Faried has a nice little running hook/floater type shot going for him.

Nurkic needs to be featured more in the post. He was backing jordan down fairly easily. Every time I watch us play, he impresses me.

This team is really close, we just desperately need someone to step up when ty Lawson goes to the bench
                            It's amazing to me that Shaw is so hard on Nurk for any mistake and will replace him with Hickson who pretty much routinely makes mistakes. Maybe it's tough love. Shaw won't play Nurk at the end of games so the trust isn't there.

Nurk does need more feeds in the post. He can score and he can pass which opens up the floor.

I think Nelson can step up for Lawson as he gets more comfortable and some of our other players settle in. Gallo and Foye need some time to come up to speed which will improve the second unit.
                            Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• The Experience
                              All-Pro
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                              It's amazing to me that Shaw is so hard on Nurk for any mistake and will replace him with Hickson who pretty much routinely makes mistakes. Maybe it's tough love. Shaw won't play Nurk at the end of games so the trust isn't there.

Nurk does need more feeds in the post. He can score and he can pass which opens up the floor.

I think Nelson can step up for Lawson as he gets more comfortable and some of our other players settle in. Gallo and Foye need some time to come up to speed which will improve the second unit.
                              I think so. Karl used to do the same thing all the time.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Houshmazode
                                The Mountaineer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                                I think so. Karl used to do the same thing all the time.
                                I don't think it ever worked that well. Never thought I'd be saying this but I actually kinda miss Karl (till the playoffs). Shaw isn't the right coach for this team.

Faried's having a bad year, Harris hardly plays which is a joke and a couple other players who could be making contributions regularly are just wasting away on the bench.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X