• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Denver signs Gallo to a 2y extension worth 34m

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...act-extension/

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I can't believe Denver got a 1st for Lawson after his DUI. Denver has cap room and picks. Denver could also be a player to acquire a player deemed to be overpaid, and acquire another pick. The Youth movement is here, and this year is gonna be a tad rough, but hey another lottery pick, and another chance to inprove.
    How about Taj Gibson?

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    I can't believe Denver got a 1st for Lawson after his DUI. Denver has cap room and picks. Denver could also be a player to acquire a player deemed to be overpaid, and acquire another pick. The Youth movement is here, and this year is gonna be a tad rough, but hey another lottery pick, and another chance to inprove.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Three ok bench players, Nick Johnson who has a lot of potential and can be good coming off the bench right away and a first rounder for Lawson. Man.... Houston is dumb.

Leave a comment:

• 58_VONDOOM_92
    replied
    The thing about the NBA is it really only takes two stud draft picks to turn your team around. Look at OKC. Hopefully Mudiay is the first stepping stone for the turn around. Finally lawson is gone!

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    Nuggets have potentially 4 1st rounders next year!

Remember the name Nick Johnson. Kid is a great defender and super athletic, he will fit in perfectly into what the Nuggets are trying to do.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic JS
    replied
    Ty Lawson to the Rockets.

Finally!!!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Law degrees are becoming more and more worthless. You can't pay them off, and finding quality jobs are becoming rarer and rarer. Criminal Justice programs are hard to find, which I know 1st hand because that was my major & I couldn't afford to keep pursuing it
    I'm pretty positive that whatever lawyers came up with these Pro sport CBA's are making bank.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I tell you what. I should've tried harder to be a lawyer.

They get paid bank for all these scandalous rules they come up with that actually get approved in court.
    Law degrees are becoming more and more worthless. You can't pay them off, and finding quality jobs are becoming rarer and rarer. Criminal Justice programs are hard to find, which I know 1st hand because that was my major & I couldn't afford to keep pursuing it

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I tell you what. I should've tried harder to be a lawyer.

They get paid bank for all these scandalous rules they come up with that actually get approved in court.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I thought if someone else signed him then we would still owe but only a portion. Someone will sign him.
    Just found this, so basically if you can wear out your welcome but still be a desirable player it really pays off.

If another team signs a player who has cleared waivers, the player's original team is allowed to reduce the amount of money it still owes the player (and lower their team salary3) by a commensurate amount. This is called the right of set-off. This is true if the player signs with any professional team -- it does not have to be an NBA team. The amount the original team gets to set off is limited to one-half the difference between the player's new salary and the minimum salary for a one-year veteran (if the player is a rookie, then the rookie minimum is used instead).

For example, suppose a fifth-year player is waived with one guaranteed season remaining on his contract for $5 million. If this player signs a $1 million contract with another team for the 2011-12 season, his original team gets to set off $1 million minus $762,195 (the minimum salary for a one-year veteran in 2011-12), divided by two, or $118,902. The team is still responsible for paying $4,881,098 of the original $5 million. Note that between his prior team and new team the player will earn a combined $5,881,098, which was more than he earned prior to being waived.

Leave a comment:

• MegaOrange
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Yuck. It may be time to pay him that to just stay away from the team though.

Ryan O'Reilly just got a DUI too.
    I thought if someone else signed him then we would still owe but only a portion. Someone will sign him.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    $12 Million this year, $13 next year, and a total of $38 Million Dead Space total, according to this site http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/ty-lawson/
    Yuck. It may be time to pay him that to just stay away from the team though.

Ryan O'Reilly just got a DUI too.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    What's left on his contract?
    $12 Million this year, $13 next year, and a total of $38 Million Dead Space total, according to this site http://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/ty-lawson/

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    What's left on his contract?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X