No announcement yet.

The Official 2016 Colorado Rockies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This team is on a huge role lately. Almost back to .500 again!

They need to make a push for Chris Sale before the wheels fall off
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      This team is on a huge role lately. Almost back to .500 again!

They need to make a push for Chris Sale before the wheels fall off
      Oh no you just jinxed us!
      sigpic

Comment

• So, they're 5 1/2 out of the wild card. Do they trade for prospects and write this year off, or do they feel they can go for it? I'll be the sour puss and say trade and build. This team can't make a dent with Weiss. If they had any other guy leading them, I would say the playoffs are within reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          So, they're 5 1/2 out of the wild card. Do they trade for prospects and write this year off, or do they feel they can go for it? I'll be the sour puss and say trade and build. This team can't make a dent with Weiss. If they had any other guy leading them, I would say the playoffs are within reach.
          The playoffs are within reach with Weiss. If we trade it should be farm players for Chris sale. We absolutely should be buyers not sellers
          sigpic

Comment

The playoffs are within reach with Weiss. If we trade it should be farm players for Chris sale. We absolutely should be buyers not sellers
            I disagree. Weiss is a major liability. I think with a different manager, they would have been closer in the standings. If they stand pat this year, they need to fire him right after the last game and get going in the right direction.

Comment

I disagree. Weiss is a major liability. I think with a different manager, they would have been closer in the standings. If they stand pat this year, they need to fire him right after the last game and get going in the right direction.
              Well your just full of sour grapes. The team is 50 and 52 after the recent surge. He's doing just fine. The team is on pace to have an increase in wins each year with him. Albeit it was only a 2 win increase from 14 to 15.

But that's all you can ask for is year over year improvements.

We were at this same pace in 2007 with Clint Hurdle. Even as late as September. Imagine if we had cut him loose around July.

And look at the success Hurdle has had in Pittsburgh.
              sigpic

Comment

• Losing 90 games a year isn't sour grapes. It's the reality that this guy went from high school straight to the majors. There are countless games they have lost because of his management. If they are building a young nucleus of arms, they must get a better manager to control them. And I highly doubt this team goes on a 20 of 21 game run. IMHO.

Comment

Losing 90 games a year isn't sour grapes. It's the reality that this guy went from high school straight to the majors. There are countless games they have lost because of his management. If they are building a young nucleus of arms, they must get a better manager to control them. And I highly doubt this team goes on a 20 of 21 game run. IMHO.
                  We will agree to disagree. You act like Weiss didn't play 15+ years in the league before being a high school coach. That argument doesn't really fly with me.

Also technically we could currently be in the middle of a 20 of 21 streak. Never know.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Well the "we would win with any other manager" argument has no traction as we wouldnt be on wiess if that was the case.

Think people have to realize that we cant get whoever we want and that it will take time with our younger players. Imo i think theyve probably done better than they should have so far this year
                    Last edited by armedequation; 07-29-2016, 06:31 PM.
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Another win!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• We better not trade Cargo! With the way we are playing right now. We have a chance for the wild card
                        sigpic

Comment

We will agree to disagree. You act like Weiss didn't play 15+ years in the league before being a high school coach. That argument doesn't really fly with me.

Also technically we could currently be in the middle of a 20 of 21 streak. Never know.
                          Plenty of better players played numerous years in the majors and still had to cut their teeth in the minors. Learning to manage a big league team on the fly is not how good teams do it. I've been a season ticket holder since day one. I've seen it before. They tease, and fall apart. Nothing will change my mind until the end of September. And it's more likely their in the middle of a 5 out of 21 streak then 20 out of 21 streak.

Comment

Plenty of better players played numerous years in the majors and still had to cut their teeth in the minors. Learning to manage a big league team on the fly is not how good teams do it. I've been a season ticket holder since day one. I've seen it before. They tease, and fall apart. Nothing will change my mind until the end of September. And it's more likely their in the middle of a 5 out of 21 streak then 20 out of 21 streak.
                            Lol you are clueless buddy.

You can't be more likely to be on a 5 of 21 streak when you are in the middle of winning 8 of 9
                            Last edited by DenverBlood; 07-30-2016, 05:55 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Lol you are clueless buddy.

You can't be more likely to be on a 5 of 21 streak when you are in the middle of winning 8 of 9
                              Dude, come talk to me in September. I like your ran-rah ness. Somebody has to be that guy. But I'll take my 23 year history with them over what your selling. We'll see who has the clue in two months.

Comment

Dude, come talk to me in September. I like your ran-rah ness. Somebody has to be that guy. But I'll take my 23 year history with them over what your selling. We'll see who has the clue in two months.
                                I was there opening day in 1993. Don't talk to me about 23 year history like you know something I don't.

I'm tired of yours and others pessimism with this team. I get it if we were 15 games below .500 like usual. But when the team is one game below and making a huge charge the cynisism is obnoxious.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X