• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Weiss strikes again with Estevez
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      And Weiss strikes again with Estevez
      What should have been done? They have a pathetic bullpen. I guess they could have kept Ottovino in?
      sigpic

Comment

And Weiss strikes again with Estevez
        Even worse was trying to have Hundley bunt the runner over with a .198 hitting shortstop behind him
        Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• He could've left Anderson in longer and then switched to either ottavino or Logan as a closer.

This team should be 58-56 right now. Instead thanks to Estevez they are 56-58 and pretty much out of the chase again.
          sigpic

Comment

• During the hot streak, it was the players who were winning. They were pitching and hitting well. He was not having to get involved with making strategical decisions. This is what will hold them back. This is why he has to go. They will go nowhere with him as a manager. There are no excuses for him. At all. You want to be a winning organization, well, who your leader is says a lot about how serious you are about that. I will have no positive expectations of this team with him at the helm. But hey, maybe they can bring in Tebow and things will be good. I hear he wants to play in the majors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
              During the hot streak, it was the players who were winning. They were pitching and hitting well. He was not having to get involved with making strategical decisions. This is what will hold them back. This is why he has to go. They will go nowhere with him as a manager. There are no excuses for him. At all. You want to be a winning organization, well, who your leader is says a lot about how serious you are about that. I will have no positive expectations of this team with him at the helm. But hey, maybe they can bring in Tebow and things will be good. I hear he wants to play in the majors.
              He could probably pitch in the 9th. He is always the most accurate in the clutch.
              sigpic

Comment

• Two quality starts wasted at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                  Two quality starts wasted at home.
                  And 3 in the past 5 games
                  sigpic

Comment

And 3 in the past 5 games
                    Yes, the pen is becoming a huge liability.
                    A silver lining would be the quality starts. This is something we haven't been able to say in recent memory.

Comment

• The starting pitching has mostly been good, so how about some complete games keeping the relievers off the mound? Is there a downside to having starters go all 9 innings or 125 pitches at this point in the season?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                        The starting pitching has mostly been good, so how about some complete games keeping the relievers off the mound? Is there a downside to having starters go all 9 innings or 125 pitches at this point in the season?
                        The young arms are always on a pitch count. They have ruined many a pitcher, so now they are handled with kid gloves.

Comment

• Another day, another dumpster fire from the pen.

Comment

• As of 7 pm central tonight it's officially Broncos season and I'm done with this team for 2016. You told me not to get my hopes up and I was dumb enough to do it for the brief stint at .500. But this team is still an upper 80's to 90 loss team.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Are we not talking about the thing that's happening for a couple games now?
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                                Are we not talking about the thing that's happening for a couple games now?
                                You talking about the bullpen constant collapse? And Weiss crashing under pressure once they got close? Yeah we've been discussing it. But I'm about to stop discussing it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X