No announcement yet.

The Official 2016 Colorado Rockies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see the bullpen blow the last game, might as well stay consistent. Walt, see ya dude. Way to give DJ the week off and sit him in crucial situations and instead of playing to win, go for the individual accolades. Hopefully the decision is made and announced tomorrow.

Comment

• Walt Weiss steps down as Manager. I wonder who we are going to get as manager for next season.
      sigpic

Comment

• I'm surprised. I thought he was going to get one more year.

Not sure anything can fix this horrible bullpen though
        sigpic

Comment

• DP reported it was because of friction between him and Bridich. I guess Bridich didn't bother to work with WW on a lot of moves, like the bullpen ones and Parra.

Not something you want to hear when you are trying to woo a new manager.

Comment

• Needed to happen. Hopefully they get somebody outside the organization. They have done a good job setting up some good young talent. Now, they need someone who can manage and get the best out of it. This seems to be Bridich's team now. Hopefully Monfort stays far far away this offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
              DP reported it was because of friction between him and Bridich. I guess Bridich didn't bother to work with WW on a lot of moves, like the bullpen ones and Parra.

Not something you want to hear when you are trying to woo a new manager.
              Sounds like what some of us said all season that ya'll were being a little harsh blaming Weiss for not making lemonade out of crap.

No coach is going to work here until we properly address a pitching rotation.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Sounds like what some of us said all season that ya'll were being a little harsh blaming Weiss for not making lemonade out of crap.

No coach is going to work here until we properly address a pitching rotation.
                The flipside is Bridich knew Weiss wasn't the future. Now they can focus on moving forward. He can go after his guy and see where that leads. Bridich is on a short leash though, because this is his first manager hire, and he needs to nail it.

Comment

• Rockies hired Bud Black
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    Rockies hired Bud Black
                    I think this is a good hire.
                    There won't be much pressure to win the division next season, but after that all bets are off.

Comment

• When I saw this the other day, I was excited. It's someone outside the organization and a former pitcher. Good pickup by Bridich

Comment

• The Rockies signed Ian Desmond today
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          The Rockies signed Ian Desmond today
                          You have to think...does this mean Blackmon is gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                            You have to think...does this mean Blackmon is gone?
                            Rumor has it they are asking for a kings ransom for Blackmon. I love Blackmon but if you can get a legit ace and maybe a bullpen arm, gotta pull that trigger.

In other news we signed Josh's Rutledge to a camp invite contract...then he was taken by the Red Sox in the rule 5 draft like a week later. Best hair in baseball is gone again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                              Rumor has it they are asking for a kings ransom for Blackmon. I love Blackmon but if you can get a legit ace and maybe a bullpen arm, gotta pull that trigger.

In other news we signed Josh's Rutledge to a camp invite contract...then he was taken by the Red Sox in the rule 5 draft like a week later. Best hair in baseball is gone again.
                              Absolutely! If they do nothing else after the Desmond signing it means they are already conceding the upcoming season. They need to go after pitching....

Comment

• Why is it that I keep up with them as much as you guys do?
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X