The Official 2016 Colorado Rockies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Well that was fun while it lasted. Buncha crap and excuses the rest of the season, followed by the same "we're gonna win 90 games next year" stuff in the offseason.
    I think when they said they will win 90 games next season, they meant they will win 90 games over the next FIVE seasons. That's a more accurate prediction......

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      The Blue Jays should have shown us last year, that even if you have the best lineup it means nothing without good pitching. However, our incapability to not be able to draft and develop just a solid rotation is so dissapointing. I get playing in coors is tough on pitchers, but our pitching has been laughable for years. We won't sign a pitcher, ownership only cares about the bottomline, and big money for a guy who plays 1-2 times a week doesn't help.
      This is the Rockies organization in summation. As long as Monfort is the owner, this team will never be competitive. And you can't say that the fans should stop attending games. The 'fans' are only coming to Coors for the party atmosphere; they couldn't care less about the game being played. That's the saddest part of this story.

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
        This is the Rockies organization in summation. As long as Monfort is the owner, this team will never be competitive. And you can't say that the fans should stop attending games. The 'fans' are only coming to Coors for the party atmosphere; they couldn't care less about the game being played. That's the saddest part of this story.
        As a season ticket holder since they began, you are over generalizing just a tad. I would love to have a great team here in town and am as frustrated as anyone that they have continually stunk. But, I am not gong to stop liking to spend the day at the park just because they stink. I love baseball and am glad I have a team in town so I can go to games. Coors Field is also a great family atmosphere. Me boycotting does nothing. It won't make him go out and find a competent GM or raise the payroll to field a better team. Would it could do is make him want to pack up and go to a town who would love a baseball team, and then I would be stuck with nothing. Not worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
          As a season ticket holder since they began, you are over generalizing just a tad. I would love to have a great team here in town and am as frustrated as anyone that they have continually stunk. But, I am not gong to stop liking to spend the day at the park just because they stink. I love baseball and am glad I have a team in town so I can go to games. Coors Field is also a great family atmosphere. Me boycotting does nothing. It won't make him go out and find a competent GM or raise the payroll to field a better team. Would it could do is make him want to pack up and go to a town who would love a baseball team, and then I would be stuck with nothing. Not worth it.
          This is pretty much why I get tired of all the fuss over the owners at times in here. While it's far from even good there is still no point to boycotting. All that does is like you said. End up with the team out of town which no one wants.

Selling doesn't mean selling to an owner who will keep the team in Denver. It most likely would come with a moving van.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            Not once in my post did I mention the word boycott. I was merely stating my opinion that as long as Monfort is around you can count on a bottom feeder team.

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
              Not once in my post did I mention the word boycott. I was merely stating my opinion that as long as Monfort is around you can count on a bottom feeder team.
              But you did say this "The 'fans' are only coming to Coors for the party atmosphere; they couldn't care less about the game being played. That's the saddest part of this story."

And I am telling you that is not the case with many people who have season tickets. There are plenty people who care about the game being played. And that's what I responded to. The only way for me to not be one of those, in your words, 'fans', is to not go. And that isn't something I want to do. Unfortunately for people who want to see good baseball, we have an owner who built a extremely good ballpark experience and is able to stand on that rather than a good team. I have accepted it sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                harsh? not really.. he has been disappointing of late and like atwn said he had same issue in minor, and that i hope he figures it out because he has the potential to be great. Being honest is being harsh now?

Thats on coaching then for putting him in that situation.

And no i didnt insult your mother...i said a little harsh. Its the beginning of the season and expecting a rookie to be salvation is not the answer.
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Home plate umpire is terrible.
                  sigpic

Comment

• good lord, this umpire is a frigging joke

Comment

• Joke of a umpire
                      sigpic

Comment

• uh, welcome back oberg... take a seat geez

Comment

• argh this team frustrates me so bad.. Offense is either hot or cold never consistent strike out WAY to much, cant get balls in play with RISP
                          Last edited by Blondie79; 04-25-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• on another note... What an complete joke the umpire was ruined the game
                            Last edited by Blondie79; 04-25-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• More ejections than runs, sounds about right.

Comment

• God our pitching staff is so bad seems we are always down a few runs by second inning

JDLR gonna end up same place lyles did
                                Last edited by Blondie79; 04-26-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X