• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well hello offense you do exist

Comment

• Hey offense nice to see you again.
      sigpic

Comment

• It's disappointing to see that Senzatela was the one to lose control all the way to the pen. But I'm glad Bud is keeping him up at this level to work on his stuff and try to regain confidence.
        Even though it hasn't seemed to work yet in the two relief spots I've seen him in.

But I'm hoping he can work this thing out and stay at this level. If nothing else than because our middle relief is awful.

I would like to see him work himself back into the rotation over Tyler Anderson but he has got to adjust his game since hitters have figured him out already.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          It's disappointing to see that Senzatela was the one to lose control all the way to the pen. But I'm glad Bud is keeping him up at this level to work on his stuff and try to regain confidence.
          Even though it hasn't seemed to work yet in the two relief spots I've seen him in.

But I'm hoping he can work this thing out and stay at this level. If nothing else than because our middle relief is awful.

I would like to see him work himself back into the rotation over Tyler Anderson but he has got to adjust his game since hitters have figured him out already.
          https://www.purplerow.com/2017/7/8/1...onio-senzatela
          The Rockies also made a roster move before today’s game against the Chicago White Sox, Thomas Harding tweeted. They called up Zac Rosscup, whom they acquired from the Chicago Cubs in exchange for Matt Carasiti last month. To make room, the Rockies optioned Antonio Senzatela. Senzatela made his last start on June 22. He moved to the bullpen after that and has since only appeared in three games. He has two two-inning appearances. He’s looked sharp in all three appearances.

We shouldn’t make too much of this move. Rosscup was already on forty man roster, so the Rockies didn’t have to make a corresponding move in that sense. Because Senzatela hasn’t had a lot of work out of the bullpen lately, they might have just sent him to be sure he gets work in, maybe even a start, before the All-Star break.

If Rosscup makes it into a game either today or tomorrow, it will be his second appearance since the start of the 2016 season.

Senzatela might be in the mix for a rotation spot once he returns. If not, he would thrive in a relief role. Be confident we’ll see him back in purple once play resumes on Friday.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07...kies-rotation/

The Rockies have used seven starting pitchers this season, with an eighth on the way next month, and Colorado manager Bud Black will not drop the juggling act.

Rookie right-hander Antonio Senzatela, a 22-year-old wunderkind who jumped from Double-A into the rotation to start the season, will likely return to a Colorado starting role soon after the all-star break next week, Black said Friday.

“We like him. I’m a Senzatela fan,” Black said. “And you can look for him after the all-star break. In baseball. Potentially.”

Senzatela cruised to a 7-1 record and a 3.19 ERA through the first seven weeks, peaking with an outing of eight scoreless innings against the Cardinals at Coors Field on May 26. But after a loss to the Diamondbacks on June 22, as he fell to 9-3 with a 4.79 ERA, the Rockies pressed pause.

They moved Senzatela to the bullpen to preserve his arm. With Double-A Hartford last year, he threw just 34 2/3 innings. After two long relief appearances over the past two weeks, his innings total reached 92 1/3 innings.

Black said Senzatela’s near absence over the past two weeks, which paralleled a 3-12 team slump, was not the result of trying to protect the young pitcher. He is now fresh for longer assignments.

“The game is sort of dictating how we use our relief pitchers. But by him not pitching, it’s given him a nice break,” Black said. “If there’s a certain type of game that plays out that we need him, we won’t hesitate at all.”
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

• Welp Hoffman not looking good already down 3-0

Comment

• Here we go with horrible first inning pitching again.
              sigpic

Comment

• Back to horrible offense again it seems 8 strikeouts ..

Comment

• Story putting on a show defensively

And ruins it by an awful at bat
                  Last edited by Blondie79; 07-08-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Love parra this season he is completely different to last year

Comment

• Sigh - this sux

Comment

• Going to the game. Expect a loss
                        sigpic

Comment

• Cargo needs to go up to the plate without a bat. Nobody throws him strikes anymore, yet he still swings and misses just about every time.

Comment

• What a performance from freeland

Comment

• Sorry guys, I still believe. 52 wins at the break for this team is no joke. Only 3 teams better, and 2 are in our division. I think the break does them good and they get healthy and back to playing good ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                Sorry guys, I still believe. 52 wins at the break for this team is no joke. Only 3 teams better, and 2 are in our division. I think the break does them good and they get healthy and back to playing good ball.
                                Dbacks been going through a rough stretch too, I still believe but as always I'm a bit skeptical too because of the way the rox have been pretty mean to fans lol I think today's game couldn't have come at a better time excellent game all around for the team going into all star break

Comment

Working...
                                X