• Let’s go Reds!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Well crap. The stress of clinching playoffs waits for another day
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Well crap. The stress of clinching playoffs waits for another day
        I believe Bettis is on the mound. It would be very poetic to.clinch with him starting.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          I believe Bettis is on the mound. It would be very poetic to.clinch with him starting.
          Well my brother looked up the tie break rules and apparently a 5,6 seed one game playoff is actually a thing.

So while we only need to win once and the brewers only lose once the stress could last all weekend. I would rather save our best pitchers for Arizona and not waste one on the brewers.

Unfortunately the dodgers still have something to play for cuz they haven’t clinched World Series home field yet. Fortunately we are at home.

It’s good St. Louis hosts the brewers but now they have nothing to play for but to spoil the brewers season.

It only takes one brewers loss and Rockies win to clinch. It only takes one of either to host them Monday.

Worst case scenario is they sweep and we get swept. But I highly doubt that happens.

I agree it would be redemption for Bettis to get the clincher. But he has given me no reason to believe in him. It’s actually very sad the state of our pitching that with playoffs on the line the final weekend we don’t have more reliable arms to send to the mound. I really don’t want to have to use Anderson or gray Sunday. So let’s hope they take care of business early.

I’m nervous but Go Rox!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Well my brother looked up the tie break rules and apparently a 5,6 seed one game playoff is actually a thing.

So while we only need to win once and the brewers only lose once the stress could last all weekend. I would rather save our best pitchers for Arizona and not waste one on the brewers.

Unfortunately the dodgers still have something to play for cuz they haven’t clinched World Series home field yet. Fortunately we are at home.

It’s good St. Louis hosts the brewers but now they have nothing to play for but to spoil the brewers season.

It only takes one brewers loss and Rockies win to clinch. It only takes one of either to host them Monday.

Worst case scenario is they sweep and we get swept. But I highly doubt that happens.

I agree it would be redemption for Bettis to get the clincher. But he has given me no reason to believe in him. It’s actually very sad the state of our pitching that with playoffs on the line the final weekend we don’t have more reliable arms to send to the mound. I really don’t want to have to use Anderson or gray Sunday. So let’s hope they take care of business early.

I’m nervous but Go Rox!!!
            Didn't we play a one game playoff in 07?

It'd be nice if we could clinch it tonight
            sigpic
            2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
            2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
            BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkB View Post
              Didn't we play a one game playoff in 07?

It'd be nice if we could clinch it tonight
              Yes but that was before they made a one game playoff automatic between the 4 and 5 seed.

Back then the one game playoff was used for a tie breaker. Now between 4 and 5 seed they play a one game playoff even when Arizona has a 5 game better record than us.

But apparently the 5 and 6 seed also play a one game playoff if tied. Rather than using a head to head tie breaker which would go to us.

So if this weekend doesn’t go right we would
              1. Host a one game playoff against Milwaukee
              2. Turn around two days later or maybe even the next day and play a one game playoff in Arizona
              3. If we are so lucky to get past those two start a series with the Dodgers by Friday.
              sigpic

Comment

• Real good performance by whole team tonight stupid cards couldn't help us out..

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                  Real good performance by whole team tonight stupid cards couldn't help us out..
                  Bettis proved me wrong.

But we still guaranteed we play Monday now on our own.

The only remaining question is who we play.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Apparently the Cards have no interest in helping us out so we are going to have to do it ourselves if we want Monday off.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Trying to ,eave for the game but the Cards have the bases loaded.

Comment

• Let's go cards!

Comment

• I’m too afraid to talk about it after what the Cubs did twice against them last Saturday.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Former Rockie Juan Nicasio could be the hero.

Comment

• 1 more out come on!!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                Sorry guys, I still believe. 52 wins at the break for this team is no joke. Only 3 teams better, and 2 are in our division. I think the break does them good and they get healthy and back to playing good ball.
                                MY post from July 9th.....YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X