2017-2018 Denver Nuggets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    IT has a very good relationship with Malone, and seems content being the guy in the 2nd unit. So I think it's a good move. Plus the salary dump was much needed, and we got it out of the way early. An excellent series of moves.
    If I'm looking at it correctly trading Faried and Arthur got us under the luxury tax threshold.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/denver-nuggets/cap/

We're only 1 bad Plumlee contract away from clearing enough space to extend Murray or sign another big impact FA while staying under or near the luxury tax threshold.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      If I'm looking at it correctly trading Faried and Arthur got us under the luxury tax threshold.

We're only 1 bad Plumlee contract away from clearing enough space to extend Murray or sign another big impact FA while staying under or near the luxury tax threshold.
      The FO is slowly clearing away mistakes. The Plumlee extension was a compound on an already terrible Nurkic deal
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Ya we should be 8.6m under the cap so we can use most of our MLEs and full bi-annual exceptions

Comment

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but Millsap will be a very intriguing trade asset for a team that feels like they’re a piece away from the playoffs or from contending. An expiring contract with a club option for a 2nd year. We could recoup some draft capital while clearing space for a big name like Towns in the FA class.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            This will probably be an unpopular opinion but Millsap will be a very intriguing trade asset for a team that feels like they’re a piece away from the playoffs or from contending. An expiring contract with a club option for a 2nd year. We could recoup some draft capital while clearing space for a big name like Towns in the FA class.
            I would be fine with that if we got a blue chip younger FA like KAT.
            sigpic

Comment

The FO is slowly clearing away mistakes. The Plumlee extension was a compound on an already terrible Nurkic deal
              I'm glad we got rid of Nurkic now because Jokic is obviously a better player overall at this point. We've done some pretty dumb things like trading away Mitchell and Gobert, etc
              sigpic

Comment

I would be fine with that if we got a blue chip younger FA like KAT.
                Towns seems to be the most logical as he’s a stretch 4 that can play both 4 and 5 and he’s a lot younger than Millsap. The only problem I see would be that he’s pretty bad on defense from what I read. If we could pull a miracle out of our butt and get Anthony Davis though, it’d be hard to pick against this team.

I’m already pretty sure we’ve given up on being a good defensive team by virtue of making Barton the starting SF even though he’s terrible on defense and then compounding that with signing Thomas to presumably lead the bench unit. We’ll be able to run and gun with damn near anybody if we got KAT though. Unfortunately I believe that’s a poor philosophy. But if the team catches fire at the right time anything can happen, it’ll just never be a dynasty
                Last edited by beastlyskronk; 07-13-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/BlMTGnAl1Mb/

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2018/7/...denver-broncos
                  sigpic

Comment

• Butler is a huge Broncos fan too

Comment

• Should just go all in and give Jabari Parker an offer sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        Should just go all in and give Jabari Parker an offer sheet.
                        I like Jabari, and think he will be really good. I also think we have something special in MPJ. I think MPJ has a higher ceiling, so I wouldnt commit the funds to Jabari. Save for a run a Jimmy Buckets

Comment

I like Jabari, and think he will be really good. I also think we have something special in MPJ. I think MPJ has a higher ceiling, so I wouldnt commit the funds to Jabari. Save for a run a Jimmy Buckets
                          Parker is a Bull, and next year Butler will be a Knick. Besides you don't want Butler, he doesn't fit your offense. He wants to play at a slow pace and hoist shots up or pass with 1-2 seconds on the clock
                          Last edited by HUMCALC; 07-14-2018, 01:39 PM.
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            Parker is a Bull, and next year Butler will be a Knick. Besides you don't want Butler, he doesn't fit your offense. He wants to play at a slow pace and hoist shots up or pass with 1-2 seconds on the clock
                            Meh who is the last big name FA to sign with the Knicks? Amare? I'll believe him in Kyrie teaming up there when I see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                              Butler on DHO with Jokic would be legit, plus his elite defense. He would thrive here.

Comment

Butler on DHO with Jokic would be legit, plus his elite defense. He would thrive here.
                                Don't forget that his defense thrived in the East
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X