Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    As fun as the LeBron idea was, it appears he is an LA lock. However, these tidbits are true

There's strong momentum with the Denver Nuggets and their free agent guard Will Barton to get a deal done quickly after the start of free agency at 12:01 AM, league sources tell ESPN.

The Nuggets continue to make Wilson Chandler, Darrell Arthur and Kenneth Faried all available via trade to deal with their looming luxury-tax crunch, but one source close to the situation said Denver might have to expand its trading-block list to include Mason Plumlee

Again, Nuggets president Josh Kroenke is on the record as saying the Nuggets are "not afraid" to pay the luxury tax. But a roster ballooning toward the $200 million mark, after penalties, is highly unlikely. Salary moves will be made if Barton is in fact locked up.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    SOURCES: The Denver Nuggets hope to secure a meeting with LeBron James in the Bahamas once free agency opens.

The Rams just tweeted a photo of Mr. Kroenke and @KingJames. He owns both them and #MileHighBasketball

Earl Boykins will be the Nuggets secret weapon in the meeting, should the Nuggets secure it. Free agency opens in about 30 hours. No talking until then.

Source also tells me Peyton Manning has been asked to reach out to LeBron James at some point. Manning is the best pitch on the city of Denver at the end of a career.

Source tells me LeBron James used his twitter account to privately DM a current Colorado resident and inquire about getting together in Denver at some point soon. Unclear why.

Source tells me Broncos LB Brandon Marshall, who helped secure Paul Millsap, is willing to help again with LeBron James.

Source confirms The Washington Post report the Nuggets are prepared to shed salary in any way possible should they secure a verbal agreement. Nikola Jokic would be untouchable.

Source confirms Earl Boykins' report the Nuggets would have to part ways with Jamal Murray OR Gary Harris should LeBron James pick the Nuggets. It would be a massive trade for very little in return. Likely a future pick. Strict salary dump.

Several execs in Denver sports have privately expressed in the previous month LBJ to Denver had potential legs that no one on a national scale would ever see coming.

It’s always been about LA, and still is, but the Nuggets nearly had LBJ in 2003. 15 years later, they’re back.

Source: The LBJ camp intentionally didn't push back on Earl's report 17 days ago about the Nuggets because they didn't mind the comments. They pushed back on Stephen A.'s "Durant" comments because they didn't like them.

Important note: Both Earl Boykins and Scott Hastings have gone public with their beliefs the Nuggets are in the sweepstakes. Those were your radio and TV analysts this past year. Scott broke John Elway’s return w: Dave Logan in 1998. They’re not saying these things for attention.

Remember, Earl Boykins had “inside info” the Nuggets would get a meeting with LBJ and that he’d never play for the Knicks. Earl now appears to be in the meeting for the Nuggets, should it be granted July 1-8.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    In order to get LeBron, we would have to shed about 65m which means every expiring deal, Faried, DA, and Chandler, plus Harris.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    If serious, link please
    https://twitter.com/PetersenWill/sta...731632641?s=19

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Source: Earl Boykins has officially been invited to LeBron James' "decision cave" that @WindhorstESPN broke the story about.

Boykin says LeBron is a near lock to join the nuggets, and then gets an invite to the inner circle. Lebron to the Nuggets confirmed.
    If serious, link please

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Source: Earl Boykins has officially been invited to LeBron James' "decision cave" that @WindhorstESPN broke the story about.

Boykin says LeBron is a near lock to join the nuggets, and then gets an invite to the inner circle. Lebron to the Nuggets confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    If Porter stays healthy he will be a darn good player. The Nuggets are on the come up. Happy for all of you Denver fans..

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    I'm amazed by how scared teams were of Porter. We all know that half of the guys taken ahead of him are going to be bench guys or out of the league in a few years anyway. I hope he stays healthy, and at the very least becomes a solid starter for you guys. People need to understand that he doesn't have a lot of miles on his body, and he's young. If it's not a catastrophic, career ending injury, then you're banking on it being a chronic issue the rest of his career by not drafting him. He has to rebuild his core strength with isometric, low impact workouts in order to limit risk, and he's young enough to do that. If I were him, I'd stay away from too much weight lifting, and definitely not for the first year or so. Slow and easy. Even if it becomes a chronic issue, it's not like he's going to be flat out immediately done. He just has to rest longer than normal players do. We've come a long way since Bird and even Larry Johnson. That's the main reason why I think it's a good pick, because you're going to get at least a couple years worth out of an elite prospect unless something crazy happens. You can't even say that about most of these guys.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    The best thing about this pick IMO is that MPJ doesn’t have to take on the load early like he would for some of those teams at the top. Even if he’s starting, he’s still likely the 5th option and can gain confidence from his catch and shoot opportunities that the team around him will provide for him as well as all the backdoor opportunities that comes from running your offense through your C at the top of the key.

Every team is compared to GSW right now, our starting 5 can give any of their lineups fits on defense simply because they have no answer for Jokic. Houston is likely to lose Capela and it will set them back. If Maple Curry (Murray) continues to improve this team can surprise a lot of people this year.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Only complaint is we didn't move off Farier or Arthur's contract.
    No one is going to take Arthur, I think Faried is still a possibility once the dust in FA settles. But yeah I’m super excited about MPJ, getting a first overall caliber talent at 14 is incredible. Even if he doesn’t pan out, at 14, there wasn’t anyone else available that could likely make a huge impact. Maybe Lonnie Walker but MPJ and Vanderbilt will likely force Chandler out which will free up some money to retain Barton. Walker likely would’ve meant no more Barton and as bad as his defense can be his scoring means so much to our bench

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Only complaint is we didn't move off Farier or Arthur's contract.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    MPJ. I love the boom or bust mentality. An elite Wing is necessary to be good, and was probably the biggest area of need. He has the potential of the best player in the class, and an all-nba player. Absolutely love it. Vanderbilt is another intriguing guy, if it wasnt for injuries hes 1st round caliber

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Congratulations guys, I'm glad that you got who you wanted. Me personally, I'm glad that my Bulls didn't go after him. I wanted Mikal Bridges, but I'm OK with Carter

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    We already give the Warriors trouble, having a guy like MPJ who has the length and the physical ability if healthy to slow down KD is huge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X