2017-2018 Denver Nuggets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
    If Malone does get shown the door, what coach would you like to see replace him?
    I don't follow the entire league enough to know the hot names like I would NFL. But it shouldn't be that hard to replace a guy with a career losing record.
    sigpic

Comment

Also I'm not sure if you were implying this or not but a lot of people on here tend to say don't fire a coach with a winning record if you can't replace him with a top name. I always hate that argument though. I can't stand the logic of keep settling for subpar performance because the "alternative" might be worse.
      sigpic

Comment

Stayed alive in the playoff chase last night despite another piss poor defensive performance. Should have another easy home win tomorrow against the Kings. But you never know with this team.
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone pay attention to college ball? If so where do you think Michael Porter goes if he comes out after missing pretty much the whole season? If his back checks out, he’d be a real nice steal

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Stayed alive in the playoff chase last night despite another piss poor defensive performance. Should have another easy home win tomorrow against the Kings. But you never know with this team.
            After the Mavs loss, I don’t expect much from this team. They pretty much need to run the table from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Anyone pay attention to college ball? If so where do you think Michael Porter goes if he comes out after missing pretty much the whole season? If his back checks out, he’d be a real nice steal
              Top 10 for sure
              sigpic

Comment

Doesn’t look like there will be a let down today

Comment

Jokgod triple double
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Doesn’t look like there will be a let down today
                    The only letdown is Utah won again and we are still the 9 seed.

But if we get to 45 wins and miss out I can’t complain about Malone as much. I’ll be frustrated but technically his win % will have increased all 3 years and the West is tough. It’ll be a tough pill to swallow though when i feel like we should already be around the 40-42 win mark.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      The only letdown is Utah won again and we are still the 9 seed.

But if we get to 45 wins and miss out I can’t complain about Malone as much. I’ll be frustrated but technically his win % will have increased all 3 years and the West is tough. It’ll be a tough pill to swallow though when i feel like we should already be around the 40-42 win mark.
                      I didn’t think adding Millsap would get us over the hump. He did miss a big chunk of the season and we should end up with a better record so maybe he would have if healthy all year.

But alas if we miss the playoffs I will continue to blame us for trading for Devin Harris. Mudiay at least still had potential to develop and could occasionally have a good game. Harris has been a huge disappointment. Hopefully Minnesota, San Antonio, or New Orleans will start struggling with the injuries they’ve suffered. Still hard to see the Clippers holding on to the 8 seed but I could see Donovan Mitchell willing the Jazz to a playoff spot

And something else that has been bothering me with this team. I don’t think Gary Harris is our answer at SG as a starter. He’s an amazing player but I think we need more length at that position. I think he could be a solid PG but Murray is going to be a superstar in another season or two.

Comment

• Jamal Murray is going for 30+ tonight.

Jokic flopping and getting the calls, Gary Harris is getting mugged and not getting anything.

Comment

• Down 6 with 4 minutes left, let’s just jack up as many 3s as possible.

Just terrible coaching, the rotations almost seem like they’re created on the fly for the sole purpose of taking guys out of their rhythm. Murray had 11 halfway through the first when he came out, didn’t come back until midway through the 2nd. Chandler gets hot and we go completely away from him. Defense really isn’t too terrible aside from the fact that we are constantly going under screens, that alone is absolutely killing us. Just switch or attack the screener hard to get over it.

Malone isn’t coaching or the team isn’t listening. There’s very little in the way of running offensive sets. There’s really only 2 real plays, everything else is just attack the basket and kick out if it’s open. Defensively we’re awful against screens. Everything else isn’t bad. Very active hands and feet, attacking ball handlers and passing lanes. 70 points allowed in 2 quarters tonight, 42 allowed total in the 2nd and 3rd. The ability is there, they just need a better coach to bring that out.
                          Last edited by beastlyskronk; 03-13-2018, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• I believe this team is permanently out of the 8 seed for the last 14 games. They don’t want it bad enough.

You can’t keep losing to teams like Dallas and the Lakers if you want to reach the playoffs.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              I believe this team is permanently out of the 8 seed for the last 14 games. They don’t want it bad enough.

You can’t keep losing to teams like Dallas and the Lakers if you want to reach the playoffs.
                              Yep, no playoffs this season.
                              Show Malone the door and bring back Karl!!!!

Comment

• sigpic
                                2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                                2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                                BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Working...
                                X