No announcement yet.

2018 Colorado Rockies thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not going to over react to one game ... but do the Rockies know it’s opening day?? Cause no one has shown up...

Comment

[QUOTE=Blondie79;5693298]Not going to over react to one game ... but do the Rockies know it

Picking back up right where we left off in Arizona in October.
      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=DenverBlood;5693314]
        Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
        Not going to over react to one game ... but do the Rockies know it

Picking back up right where we left off in Arizona in October.
        When you don’t make any changes, you should expect the same result. Ugh.

Comment

We did make changes. We just didn't make enough of the right ones. Our bullpen now costs $47 mil. Which is probably overpriced for who we have. But I saw last night our starting rotation only cost $5 mil this season. Despite a better manager I wouldn't be one bit shocked to see us regress back to not winning over 75 games this year.

And our offense still is overrated.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            We did make changes. We just didn't make enough of the right ones. Our bullpen now costs $47 mil. Which is probably overpriced for who we have. But I saw last night our starting rotation only cost $5 mil this season. Despite a better manager I wouldn't be one bit shocked to see us regress back to not winning over 75 games this year.

And our offense still is overrated.
            Yep. I won't be surprised when they finish in last place......

Comment

Cargo being the only free agent bat added isn’t a change at all. He sucked against the lefty...as usual. Once again they’re banking on others having career years this season on the cheap. I know it’s a marathon and not a sprint, but last night, the same offensive bugaboos showed themselves.

Comment

Was under the impression you were referring to the entire roster. We spent a ton of money on the bullpen. So that's making changes.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                  Yep. I won't be surprised when they finish in last place......
                  Panic button after one game? OK

Is what happens in the first month considered indicative? I didn't think it was.

The Dodgers lost at home with Clayton Kershaw on the mound. I guess last place is going to be a crowded place in the NLW.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Panic button after one game? OK

Is what happens in the first month considered indicative? I didn't think it was.

The Dodgers lost at home with Clayton Kershaw on the mound. I guess last place is going to be a crowded place in the NLW.
                    I don’t think anyone is hitting a true panic button yet.

More so just still expecting the Rockies born to return to 75 wins. They’ve never made the postseason two years in a row.

It’s not that I’m not excited or hopefully for a repeat. Our history just isn’t there for us to believe it can happen.

I’m not bailing on one game though. Arizona will be a contender this year. It’s not a shame to lose to them at all. And not indicative of our entire schedule strength.
                    sigpic

Comment

Can't stand Anderson!
                      sigpic

Comment

Why is Anderson in the starting rotation? Seen nothing from him since he returned from injury couple seasons ago?

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if this high price bullpen could ever have a lead to work with?

Comment

Wow game on

Comment

Crazy. Went in the other room down 7-2 and then came back and we are tied
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                                Why is Anderson in the starting rotation? Seen nothing from him since he returned from injury couple seasons ago?
                                Wasn’t Anderson the hot hand the final month of the season last year? I thought we were all saying he should’ve started the win and in game instead of Gray?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X