2018 Colorado Rockies thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Bad starting pitching plus terrible offense is gonna equal one long season. Aside from home runs tonight we had nothing again.

Rockies only team who can’t hit at coors ..
    It's the Bad News Rockies, only it ain't no movie......

Comment

This is painful

Oh look an error that would have ended inning followed by a 2 out 3 run homer
      Last edited by Blondie79; 04-10-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

So why have pat valaika been playing so much? We must have a better option.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow .. lead off triple and can’t even get him home

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
            So why have pat valaika been playing so much? We must have a better option.
            Can’t understand why we didn’t bring back Reynolds surely wouldn’t have cost that much

Is tomorrow’s day game no tv? Cause I could sure use a day off .. lol
            Last edited by Blondie79; 04-10-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Can’t understand why we didn’t bring back Reynolds surely wouldn’t have cost that much

Is tomorrow’s day game no tv? Cause I could sure use a day off .. lol
              I've been wondering the same thing about Reynolds. I remember reading at some point the plan was to make Desmond full time first base and I think allow for better outfield talent. But boy this team sure could use a better bat in the lineup. Desmond stinks. For someone who loves first pitch fast balls he gets out on them a lot. Someone should teach him some patience.

So I googled his Wiki page and Mark Reynolds is still listed as a free agent. Probably a victim of this very odd new MLB trend on free agents. I would drop Desmonds over priced .220 batting average in a heart beat and bring Reynolds back. Last night they had Valaika playing first and his average is .048. The rockies were clearly banking on Reynolds being over the hill and a one year wonder at the plate.

I say get your heads out of your butts and give the man what he wants. We need the veteran leadership and the potent bat back in the lineup.
              Last edited by DenverBlood; 04-11-2018, 08:14 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

This is painful

Oh look an error that would have ended inning followed by a 2 out 3 run homer
                "They are who we thought they were."

Comment

I have no idea why McMahon or Tapia cant get any run so far. I get Dahl needs to stay down in triple A because they want the extra year of control. But continuusly running out Parra, Desmond, Cargo, Valaika, and Tauchman seems weird. If you’re going to lose, lose with the young guys getting AB’s and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    I have no idea why McMahon or Tapia cant get any run so far. I get Dahl needs to stay down in triple A because they want the extra year of control. But continuusly running out Parra, Desmond, Cargo, Valaika, and Tauchman seems weird. If you’re going to lose, lose with the young guys getting AB’s and experience.
                    From what I was told McMahon hasn’t been getting starts because of all the lefty pitchers so far they have faced ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
                      From what I was told McMahon hasn’t been getting starts because of all the lefty pitchers so far they have faced ?
                      Which is a little silly as we’ve all seen what Cargo does against lefties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        Which is a little silly as we’ve all seen what Cargo does against lefties.
                        Strike out?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          Strike out?
                          He swings at those sliders like he's trying to put out a fire. Everyone has the book on him. Low and outside and he'll bite every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                            He swings at those sliders like he's trying to put out a fire. Everyone has the book on him. Low and outside and he'll bite every time.
                            It drives me insane. Like is your vision really that bad Cargo? You can't tell that was headed for the dirt the second it left his hand? Every time it gets to two strikes I know the next pitch will be in the dirt. Somehow Cargo hasn't figured that out yet.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Not that it will ever happen here, but this is what this offense should bring to Coors Field and wake up Bridich and Monfort.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Comment

• Personally I wish they would do away with the Humidor. Our pitchers are never capable of limiting offenses with or without it. So it seems to only be limiting our offense. A homefield disadvantage.

I miss the blake street bomber days. If we are going to lose 85-90 days at least do it with 4 guys hitting 40 hr's.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X