• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Nobody has posted it yet!?

At $35M per year, the #Rockies 7 year, $245M offer to 3B Nolan Arenado would make him the highest average paid player in #MLB history. The 27-year-old carried a $29.9M valuation into 2019, his final year of team control.

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1100433337594859520
    Excellent move by the Rockies. This gives them their cornerstone for years.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

At $35M per year, the #Rockies 7 year, $245M offer to 3B Nolan Arenado would make him the highest average paid player in #MLB history. The 27-year-old carried a $29.9M valuation into 2019, his final year of team control.

I don't usually do internet until 10am lol super happy we're getting this done I thought he was going to walk after next year.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua2585
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Bud Black gets 3 year extension

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Shaw doing shaw things!! i know i know its spring training

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    They might invite Cargo to come back and join the team later in the spring. But they owe Desmond 38 million over the next 3 seasons, so they are forced to put him somewhere due to salary.
    Thought I read in here Cargo was already given another year?

Welp I scrolled back up and read it was rumors.

I don’t care about sunken salary on Desmond. It’s sunk period. That doesn’t mean don’t pay Cargo who is clearly superior to Desmond at both the plate and center field.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    What am I missing? Why would Cargo not start over Desmond?
    They might invite Cargo to come back and join the team later in the spring. But they owe Desmond 38 million over the next 3 seasons, so they are forced to put him somewhere due to salary.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Yeah with Desmond starting in cf.. if he gets full playing time with the same batting stats he had last year I'll be an unhappy girl. He earned no garunteed playing time IMO
    And Adam Jones is still unsigned. He would be a much better option than Desmond. That albatross of a contact will kill them this year and next.
    What am I missing? Why would Cargo not start over Desmond?

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondie79 View Post
    Yeah with Desmond starting in cf.. if he gets full playing time with the same batting stats he had last year I'll be an unhappy girl. He earned no garunteed playing time IMO
    And Adam Jones is still unsigned. He would be a much better option than Desmond. That albatross of a contact will kill them this year and next.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie79
    replied
    Looks like Blackmon is playing Right Field and Dahl was moved to Left Field

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Looks like Blackmon is playing Right Field and Dahl was moved to Left Field

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Either Dahl is your starter or he needs to be traded. Cargo is not someone you bring in to sit 100 games. He will take at bats and experience from a young guy who is supposed to be your future. I don't hate Cargo, I just can't stand when Bridich literally says after the Brewers series "We need to get better on offense", then brings back the same offense. You can't honestly think the Rockies were a Daniel Murphy away from being in the World Series.
    But getting rid of one of the better bats on the team doesn’t get us better on offense either. There are far worse bats in the lineup you should be concerned with.

As for Dahl can he even make it through a season healthy?

Cargo isn’t going to sit 100 games.

I agree they should’ve done more to boost the offense but your frustration is misplaced if it’s with bringing Cargo back.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Cargo had a pretty solid year last year. Sure it’s not what his earlier years were but he adds value to this team and is still a strong outfielder. I still don’t understand the hate he gets on these boards.

I also don’t see how anyone thinks we messed up the Tulo thing. Sure Reyes wasn’t worth a damn but Tulo is absolute garbage now anyway since going to the AL. Sure he is still a phenomenal shortstop but be he is an absolutely atrocious hitter in the AL. I say good riddance to him. We are better off with Story.
    Either Dahl is your starter or he needs to be traded. Cargo is not someone you bring in to sit 100 games. He will take at bats and experience from a young guy who is supposed to be your future. I don't hate Cargo, I just can't stand when Bridich literally says after the Brewers series "We need to get better on offense", then brings back the same offense. You can't honestly think the Rockies were a Daniel Murphy away from being in the World Series.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Cargo had a pretty solid year last year. Sure it’s not what his earlier years were but he adds value to this team and is still a strong outfielder. I still don’t understand the hate he gets on these boards.

I also don’t see how anyone thinks we messed up the Tulo thing. Sure Reyes wasn’t worth a damn but Tulo is absolute garbage now anyway since going to the AL. Sure he is still a phenomenal shortstop but be he is an absolutely atrocious hitter in the AL. I say good riddance to him. We are better off with Story.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    Strong rumors they're bringing back Cargo....(ugh). Might as well trade for Tulo too.
    What did the Rockies get for Tulo? Wasn't that Jose Reyes, who played in a handful of games, batting around .250, and then we suspended him for his Domestic Violence situation? And then, didn't we have to pay Reyes something like $40 million dollars upon his release? So, in essence, the Rockies ultimately got nothing for Tulo, and actually had to pay $40 million dollars for Toronto to take the most sought after SS in the Major Leagues off the Rockies hands, right?

So, what would Toronto give to the Rockies to take Tulo off their hands? Oh wait, Tulo just signed with the Yankees.

We got some real sharp people in the Rockies FO. Let's see how well they can screw up the Arenado deal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X