No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just don't have the horses to compete. And there's still 1 quarter to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
      Just don't have the horses to compete. And there's still 1 quarter to go.

40% 2P shooting is really bad in the regular season never mind the playoffs. This team just can't play under any sort of pressure.

Comment

• Also the uniqueness of playing against the Warriors, we have more points in the paint and yet are 20 points down.
        Last edited by GMTD; 04-18-2022, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Jokic should ask for a trade to a contender in the offseason.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
            Jokic should ask for a trade to a contender in the offseason.
            I mean he is without Murray and MPJ. Didn’t he come out and say he prefers team loyalty to a team and not looking for an easy team up?
            sigpic

Comment

• Murray defending himself on Twitter is the kind of drama this team needs. Dude, just say you ain't playing at all and get it over with

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

I mean he is without Murray and MPJ. Didn’t he come out and say he prefers team loyalty to a team and not looking for an easy team up?
                He's visibly frustrated. I'd rather watch him play for championships over melting down and getting a bad reputation because of the Nuggets' failures.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

He's visibly frustrated. I'd rather watch him play for championships over melting down and getting a bad reputation because of the Nuggets' failures.
                  I think he’s just frustrated with how he’s officiated vs how the team performs. He’s getting the Shaq treatment in that he’s so big and strong they just don’t call certain things. Defenders have been allowed to push him around his waist all season in the post, it’s a foul but it’s never called because refs in the NBA have subjective views rather than calling it by the book. Green isn’t really doing anything to stop him other than swiping at the ball when there’s an entry pass or when he spins, all the shots Jokic gets with Green on him have Green pushing him. And Green is also benefitting from his lack of height making refs give him the benefit of the doubt as well as his reputation as an elite defender. If Jokic would sell the flop like Embiid does and fall to the ground he’d probably get a lot more calls, he’d also put himself at risk for injury.

But ultimately this team wasn’t going to go far without Murray and MPJ. Gordon is a super role player, not a 2nd superstar. Barton should be a 6th man off the bench, and Morris is really just a backup guard. This roster would struggle to get 20 wins without Jokic. But this is series against the Warriors should be a blessing, it should make it crystal clear that we need better perimeter defenders. Jamal should be fine next season and while he isn’t solving all the defensive issues, he’s certainly better than Monte and Barton. MPJ is a big question mark and with his deal and back injury it may be hard to move him but if he can stay healthy the offense would be able to keep pace with anybody, his defense will likely regress even further however as he wasn’t flexible to begin with and continued back injuries will only continue to hinder his ability to switch on and defend guards, but his length is his saving grace and if he can become smart on that end he should be a net positive. Bones is an ideal 6th man who should continue to improve as he gets stronger. Cousins needs to be brought back, he gives the bench an identity and allows us to keep similar sets as we do with Jokic which will help when it comes to staggering minutes if Jokic is the glue guy. Reed might be the best 3 and D player on the roster, not having him right now is a huge mistake as he should honestly be playing at least 20 minutes. Nnaji shows flashes, just needs consistent minutes so hopefully both Greens are allowed to walk.

All in all the core of this team is still very young. But the experimenting with guys like Howard, Facu, and Cancar need to stop. Howard and Facu just don’t have the size and at best you’re hoping Howard can break even with his shooting but given his propensity to chuck he can shoot you out of a game real quick. Both guys are a waste of a roster spot. Cancar is just on the team to keep Jokic happy, he isn’t athletic enough to be a wing and not big enough to be a big and he’s simply not a good enough shooter or creative enough offensive player to overcome his athletic ability. Those 3 guys should not be on the team next season.

Monte Morris is the big question mark though, he’s solid but unspectacular. His assist to turnover ratio may be great but he also leaves plays on the floor because of this risk aversion, he’s also not a great entry passer to Jokic in the post. With Murray in the lineup and Bones showing so much potential I think you have to trade Morris because a bench lineup of Morris and Bones is going to give up a lot of points. Package Morris and Barton for a 3 and D guard and this team immediately looks much better. Dillon Brooks or Lu Dort would be nice but probably arent available. Oladipo might be a legitimate target but comes with a lengthy injury history and would be a big risk. Jae’Sean Tate isn’t a great shooter but he’s a good defender who plays with a lot of energy and would probably be my top target if available. Having Tate and Reed would give us legitimate defense on the perimeter then sign a guy like Patrick Beverly or even Gary Harris and we’d have enough chess pieces to really push for a championship. PJ Dozier should be an option as well but I imagine the Celtics are going to bring him back since they traded for him after the injury.
                  Last edited by beastlyskronk; 04-19-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• A good first half overall. I just hope we don't fade away
                    and get to 125-130. That might at least test the Warriors.

Comment

• I just don’t understand how for multiple seasons no one on the team seems to realize that a deep 3 that misses is going to lead to a deep rebound. Our perimeter players are terrible at attacking the glass off deep 3s. I also don’t understand why every time we go down 3 with under 2 minutes every shot becomes a 3, it makes sense if it’s the last shot, but not every shot from 2 minutes down.

Comment

• I also don’t get why Jeff Green is in the closing lineup. He just isn’t an offensive threat and he really isn’t a good defender. Jamychal makes a little more sense but honestly Bones should probably be closing the game.

Comment

• A disappointing end to a very promising performamce. Sadly, we've shown too many times this season that we lack cool heads in the closing moments of games.

Comment

• So, do they just hope MPJ and Murray come back and make them contenders, or do they get aggressive in the off season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                              So, do they just hope MPJ and Murray come back and make them contenders, or do they get aggressive in the off season?
                              They’re going to hope those 2 make us contenders. And if they’re in form and stay healthy I think we are. But ultimately Malone will hold us back. He’s a good coach for a rebuild with an eye for talent but his loyalty to certain players and strange obsession with putting as many point guards on the court as he can will hold us back. Also I don’t think he does a good job of developing talent. I don’t think there’s any reason Nnaji shouldn’t be ready to at least play a legitimate bench role right now, there was no reason to force Facu over Bones all the way up to the all star break.

Bottom line, Morris isn’t a backup PG for a championship team, neither Green should be on a legitimate contending roster, and Barton needs to be in a 6th man role or packaged in a trade with Morris for a better perimeter defender because Bones already offers what both of them bring to the table. This team lacks size, length and the lateral quickness needed to be in the finals and I don’t see any vet minimum deals we can make that are going to put us over the top and unfortunately Morris and Barton are our only real assets. Nnaji probably is too but I wouldn’t trade him.

Comment

• Jokic with a black eye in the first minute of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X