Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    So many missed opportunities at the free throw line
    We've missed 7 FTA. The Warriors have only missed 1 (from Steph Curry).

Comment

• Overall, I don't think we can play much better defensively against this class of opposition. Offensively, we seem to be struggling to find ways past Draymond Green.

Comment

• Well that was an awkward clunky last possession to end the half. Fitting because it’s been an awkward clunky game. Lots of missed free throws and bad turnovers, lucky for us the Warriors have been off so far. The slow pace is hurting their “death lineup’s” chemistry. We need to do more of the same and start converting these free throws and these and one opportunities

Comment

• And at some point good Bones Hyland is going to need to show up. It’s been the Barton esque version of him tonight. He needs to drive more, he’s got such a good handle and good quickness that he needs to be aggressive when his shot isn’t falling. And since he’s so long and lanky it’s really easy for him to draw fouls. But he really toned down on attacking the basket after that charge, can’t play scared in these moments, you have to go out and take the win.

Comment

• Why on Earth are they trying to have a three point contest with theWarriors when they have a double digit lead?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
              Why on Earth are they trying to have a three point contest with theWarriors when they have a double digit lead?
              This happens in every single game.

Comment

• Malone has to take Jokic off the floor. We can't risk a 5th from him at thia stage.

Comment

• It would be ironic if Jokic gets fouled out and Demarcus Cousins comes in to win the game.

Comment

• Going ice cold at the wrong time. Need to get back to attacking the paint, refs aren’t calling anything on them right now though

Comment

• 18 points to 6 in the final quarter so far.

Comment

• I don’t want to say that’s it but it’s not looking good right now. Everyone but a hobbled Jokic is backing down right down

Comment

• Never thought I’d say this but we’ve really missed Austin Rivers this quarter

Comment

• Joker was playing 1 on 5 offensively those last two minutes. Denver just seems to be a team that will only go so far.

Comment

• The good thing is that the talent is there. The last 3 games have shown that. With the leads we had we should really have won both today and also in Game 3.

But we really have some mental issues with closing out games. We also struggle to execute a complete game. Today we did well on D but were very hit and miss on O. 44% shooting isn't going to get it done.

That said, I don't think anyone will stop the Warriors. Not in the West anyway. Possibly the Celtics?

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                                The good thing is that the talent is there. The last 3 games have shown that. With the leads we had we should really have won both today and also in Game 3.

But we really have some mental issues with closing out games. We also struggle to execute a complete game. Today we did well on D but were very hit and miss on O. 44% shooting isn't going to get it done.

That said, I don't think anyone will stop the Warriors. Not in the West anyway. Possibly the Celtics?
                                I think the Warriors are taking it all, their next series will likely be a sweep and depending on the health of the Suns/Mavs/Jazz that might be a sweep as well. We battered them though and put a blueprint out, but now they get some time to recuperate, Poole definitely needs it, he took a beating all series.

The Celtics could give them some trouble with their length and shot making ability. But ultimately I just don’t see anyone being able to outshoot this team long enough to win 4 games. I think the Bucks take the east again though.

As far as us though, we just aren’t a good shooting team. I don’t think anyone is as good as their percentage suggests either, I think Jokic raises everyone by about 3-5 percent. And that’s not good because the 3 point percentage from our guy was bad this season. Barton, Bones, and Morris were the only guys over 35%. Barton and Bones are streaky and Monte is the highest at 39.5% but he really only takes great looks and often passes up on some looks most guys will take. Granted maybe some of our other guys should follow suit. Bryn Forbes was supposed to be the answer but he’s just too bad at everything else. Jeff shot 31% I think and Jamychal shot in 20s. Meanwhile Zeke (on a small sample size) shot 46% and is 43% on his short career.

This team needs more consistent shooters that can also play some defense. MPJ and Murray help on both ends, at least more than guys like Barton and the Greens. I might have to revisit my stance on Monte Morris not being a backup PG on a championship team, he stepped up the last 2 games. Just not sure how you play him and Bones, but hopefully Bones puts on some bulk so he won’t be such a defensive liability.
                                Last edited by beastlyskronk; 04-27-2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X