No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word on Jokic. He was having what seemed to be a seminal game before he ran into foul trouble. But we can't just rely on one guy.

The Warriors have Steph to accelarate away on O, but without Draymond Green they could lose a lot of these games.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
      The good thing is that the talent is there. The last 3 games have shown that. With the leads we had we should really have won both today and also in Game 3.

But we really have some mental issues with closing out games. We also struggle to execute a complete game. Today we did well on D but were very hit and miss on O. 44% shooting isn't going to get it done.

That said, I don't think anyone will stop the Warriors. Not in the West anyway. Possibly the Celtics?
      I still don’t think Malone is the right coach to ever win a title. Sometimes the inability to close out games is due to poor player execution but most of the time it’s poor strategy.

But I also expected to get swept because right now defenses literally have no one else to be that worried about closing out games except Jokic.
      sigpic

Comment

• It was pretty sickening listening to Malone gush over Barton after he made the corner 3 in Game 4. He had 6 pts..... One or both of them need to be gone.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

• Jokic wins his second consecutive NBA MVP.

Consecutive MVP awards, NBA history:
          Bill Russell 60-61, 61-62, 62-63
          Wilt Chamberlain 65-66, 66-67, 67-68
          Kareem Adbul-Jabbar 70-71, 71-72
          Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 75-76, 76-77
          Moses Malone 81-82, 82-83
          Larry Bird 83-84, 84-85, 85-86
          Magic Johnson 88-89, 89-90
          Michael Jordan 90-91, 91-92
          Tim Duncan 01-02, 02-03
          Steve Nash 04-05, 05-06
          LeBron James 08-09, 09-10
          Stephen Curry 14-15, 15-16
          Giannis Antetokounmpo 18-19, 19-20
          Nikola Jokic 20-21, 21-22
          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            Jokic wins his second consecutive NBA MVP.

Consecutive MVP awards, NBA history:
            Bill Russell 60-61, 61-62, 62-63
            Wilt Chamberlain 65-66, 66-67, 67-68
            Kareem Adbul-Jabbar 70-71, 71-72
            Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 75-76, 76-77
            Moses Malone 81-82, 82-83
            Larry Bird 83-84, 84-85, 85-86
            Magic Johnson 88-89, 89-90
            Michael Jordan 90-91, 91-92
            Tim Duncan 01-02, 02-03
            Steve Nash 04-05, 05-06
            LeBron James 08-09, 09-10
            Stephen Curry 14-15, 15-16
            Giannis Antetokounmpo 18-19, 19-20
            Nikola Jokic 20-21, 21-22
            He absolutely deserves it too.

I watched Embiid last night. He's obviously not 100% but it was a typical Embiid game. 24 points despite making just 7/13 FG. In Game 3 he had 19 points on 5/12 FG. Yet the Sixers won both games as his team came through.

Embiid is a great player but he would not best Jokic, Doncic or Giannis if playing on a team with no help.

Comment

• If the Nuggets called up any team in the NBA and said we want your best player and multiple first round picks for Jokic, every team in the NBA makes that trade including the Bucks or 76ers. That's the reality of the situation right now.

Jokic is on a level by himself.

Comment

• That was Embiid’s last chance to win MVP IMO. Next season he won’t top Jokic in the seeding again and even if he does it won’t be by much and their record could still be worse. The Jokic detractors could only point at our seeding until about 3 days before the end of the season when they hopped on Nick Wright’s hypocritical take on advanced stats. But the advanced stats are what they are because of his raw stats, he put up 2k points, 1K rebounds, and 500 assists for the first time ever in nba history. That’s historic and if Westbrook’s seed gets thrown out for being the 2nd player ever to average a triple double then Jokic’s should too especially since he was much more efficient than Westbrook was.

Then there’s the tired narrative of his defense. No he isn’t an amazing shot blocker, but he’s top 10 or 15 in steals as a center, he led the league in deflected passes, the shooting percentages he allowed were lower than Embiid’s and he’s a great post defender. How many times have we seen him walk off a player under the basket facing the baseline, that’s where almost all his blocks come from. Stop blaming him for our guards putting him in no win situations at the rim.

What’s the argument against Jokic next season? They won’t be able to say seeding anymore because we’ll be fully healthy and probably a top 3 seed. It won’t be his numbers because he’s likely to top his numbers this year, he might actually average a triple double with actual shot makers. I don’t think they can go back to voter fatigue like they did with Giannis because Giannis was coming up short in the playoffs with his full team, Jokic hasn’t had that the past 3 or even 4 playoff appearances. Or will they finally admit that they don’t want to support someone who isn’t dunking, breaking ankles, euro stepping, or knocking down step back 3s from 30 feet? And yes Jokic still does all of that, it’s just in slow motion compared to what they usually see.

Instead of admiring the beauty and purity that Jokic plays with, the media wants to diminish the award and it’s disgusting.

Comment

• The MVP is presented with the trophy:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/s...RtA42WsmxgfCPg

Comment

• Nuggets made a trade with the Thunder.

Going out:
                    JaMychal Green
                    2027 protected first round draft pick

Coming back:
                    2022 first round draft pick (#30 overall)
                    2023 second round draft pick
                    2024 second round draft pick
                    cap space, trade exception, etc

Good deal. Green was a poor fit.

Now they need to trade Jeff Green, Will Barton, and Monte Morris and let Facundo Campazzo, Markus Howard, Vlatko Cancar, and Bryn Forbes walk in free agency.

Try to bring back Cousins, Reed, and Rivers.

Comment

• Not nuggets related but relating to the NBA National Champions.

https://youtu.be/jdYTvjaI3lM

Comment

• Draft night tonight, the Magic have an interesting position. They already have a logjam of bigs who are all young enough and flashed enough to want to continue to develop.

It’s probably a pipe dream but Jonathan Isaac is a bit of a dream scenario for me. The injury risk is great but that didn’t stop us from getting MPJ and Bol Bol. Isaac has DPOY potential if he returns to pre injury form and we should have the luxury of bringing him along slowly if MPJ can avoid another set back. Great rim protector and a guy that can guard 1-5. But the big get IMO is how well he seemingly meshes with the team. Operating under the assumption that Cousins is brought back, he can cover and erase any mistakes or athletics limitations Cousins makes/has defensively. He offers decent shooting for a big and is a good cutter/lob threat that would allow us to run some similar things offensively with Cousins that we do with Jokic/Gordon. Having the ability to play the same offensive style between our starters and bench unit gives Malone the flexibility to mix and match just about any lineup combination.

It also give us some insurance should the back issues MPJ has been dealing with continues throughout his career. Still a big risk because there’s not guarantee Isaac ever returns to form but for Barton or Monte+trade exception I think it’s worth it. It would also put Zeke Nnaji in a weird spot since he’s an undersized 4 who I’m not sure can really play the 3 as his mindset seems to shift even though his assignments on offense and defense shouldn’t really change. But I’d be down for a Hyland, Rivers/Reed, Nnaji, Isaac, Cousins bench unit. Starting unit would be Murray, Rivers/Reed, Gordon, MPJ, and Jokic. It’s almost a one for one match in terms of skill set (just less ability) except for Murray and Hyland, Hyland plays more like Barton when he’s brought his A game.

But the Magic will probably move Mo Bamba instead and another team will develop him into the player people thought he’d be. Bamba wouldn’t be a bad get for us either, but I don’t think he fits in as well with Cousins so Cousins would be out and it would leave us with I guess Nnaji at the 4.

Comment

• Anyone else craving some Quesaritos all of a sudden?

Comment

• Wait, we got Christian Braun? I feel that's a steal. Guy is a grinder and really athletic. Pumped to have him in a nuggets uniform
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                              Wait, we got Christian Braun? I feel that's a steal. Guy is a grinder and really athletic. Pumped to have him in a nuggets uniform
                              Yeah I was really surprised to get him that low. And we need better shooters.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Yeah I was really surprised to get him that low. And we need better shooters.
                                He's kinda streaky but he's basically Gary Harris when he could shoot well lol.

Watson is basically Gary Harris after he went cold.

Kamagate seems like a good backup. Can block shots and has decent skills. His Europe experience probably a lot more valuable than college.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X