No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we had a solid draft. Braun might be our best defender without even touching a NBA court, on the other hand he might get burned as he gambles a lot on that end and craftier players will look to take advantage. One thing is for sure though, he doesn’t fall asleep off the ball like Barton does. I like his attitude and could see him earning a big role immediately as our SG. Offensively he fits in well with Jokic as a cutter with surprising bounce and a good spot up shooter.

The other 2 are draft and stash guys but they have some high level defensive potential.

Ultimately I think this marks the end of Barton’s tenure. Clearly the focus was to get better defensively and Braun provides that. Reed and Rivers are also much better on that end. I think Braun isn’t that far off from Barton’s scoring and with MPJ/Murray back we shouldn’t be lacking in that area. I also think Reed is not too far off from Barton either as a scorer. He’s got a good shot from 3 and pulling up off the dribble, he won’t make flashy passes but he’ll make the right passes and that’s what we need from our 5th starter. Good to great defense and limiting turnovers. That’s what Braun and Reed provide, they might not be better players but they are better fits.

Big question is when does Barton get moved and is Monte included in that deal. I’d like to add another wing defender for the bench unit because I’m not sure Nnaji can get it done consistently on that end as the switchable big he’s been used as in the past.

Comment

• Nuggets are trading Monte and Will to Washington for KCP and Ish Smith
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        Nuggets are trading Monte and Will to Washington for KCP and Ish Smith
        Oof

KCP is solid, he’s Will with less flash and more substance. But this is a move to get under the luxury tax, that isn’t something teams gunning for titles are usually worried about. KCP is a solid defender though and can be a knockdown shooter so maybe it’ll be a shrewd move. Ish Smith likely gets waived as his salary isn’t guaranteed unless he stays on the roster until after Friday. Can’t imagine he’d get playing time though so no sense keeping him.

Edit: I still like the move, just not what I expected. It does bump our 8.2 exception up to 9.1 and I’ve seen some rumors that Oladipo is interested in joining Denver, although he doesn’t seem to be anywhere near what he used to be. Maybe another off-season gets him closer though if he is indeed the target.
        Last edited by beastlyskronk; 06-29-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• This is a great trade.

I'll miss Morris but there's no room for him on the roster with Murray and Bones.

It was time for Barton to go. The Nuggets were 1-9 in the last 10 playoff games Barton played in and he tried to fight Cousins this year in the playoffs. His refusal to come off the bench and his inability to play consistent defense was a massive drain on the team the last few years.

Pope gives us length, defense, and shooting we desperately needed.

Now they need to ink Cousins, Reed, and Rivers to new contracts and hopefully trade Jeff Green.
          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• I like the trade but will miss Monte. Happy that Barton is gone, he long overstayed his welcome. This males us a lot mote solid and reliable imo.

The Kroenkes said they were willing to spend into the luxury tax to make us a contender.

Oladipo here would be nice. KCP's defense and shooting are already a good upgrade over Barton. We've added a ton of perimeter D through FA and the draft so far, hope we add some reliable scoring. I don't really consider MPJ a reliable scorer.
            sigpic

Comment

• The scoring is going to come from the return of Murray (not counting on Porter for anything but whatever he gives us will be nice) and the growth of Bones Hyland.

Comment

• Jokic signed his max deal amd we just added Deandre Jordan.
                sigpic

Comment

• Jordan means no Cousins in all likelihood. Massive downgrade at backup center.

On the plus side, Davon Reed signed a 2 year deal. No more two way G League nonsense for him.

Comment

• I guess Jordan has some trade value when whatever big name player he’s buddy buddy with wants him on the team. I doubt he plays much at all, probably even less than Cousins last season.

Comment

• Reed coming back is a big get if he gets a consistent spot in the rotation. He’s a knockdown shooter that pairs well with Bones ability to create

Comment

• Problem is they NEED minutes from a backup center. Their power forwards are all actually more like small forwards in the way they play the game, and we saw what happened last year when they tried to play the Greens at the backup center and starting power forward.

Cousins is a huge loss. No other way to view it. They're going to need Nnaji to step up but he hasn't shown any signs of it so far.

Comment

• Deandre Jordan has not had a total stretch where his team won his minutes since 2017. He’s -571, he’s like the Facu Campazzo of big men.

Comment

• We signed Bruce Brown to a 2 year deal! That was one I was hoping for. 13 mil over 2 years is pretty good. Good solid 3 and D guy.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                              We signed Bruce Brown to a 2 year deal! That was one I was hoping for. 13 mil over 2 years is pretty good. Good solid 3 and D guy.
                              Terrific signing, I wanted Tate but he’s pretty much a less developed Bruce Brown. Bruce is going to play hard and do all the little things we need, he plays the game like it’s life or death and tries to do whatever to help win. And since he was slotted in as a PF with the Nets, he gives you so much lineup versatility defensively.

Comment

• Deandre Jordan’s first name (deandre is his middle name) is apparently Hyland

Comment

Working...
                                X