sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

Hoping what happens?
        Oops. My image didn't upload.

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

• At this point I'd even take Kamagate on the roster over Jordan. Jordan simply has no value other than possibly as an extra guy to help develop young bigs.
          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

• Markus Howard signs a two year deal to play in Europe. 30 games in our rotation last year and he can't even get a job in the NBA.

Campazzo should be right behind him, because he's even worse. They're the same size and neither can cover a single player in the entire NBA, but at least Howard can shoot the rock.

Comment

• Nuggets have signed Jack White to the final two way roster spot. The roster is now full, 15/15 full timers and 2/2 two way.

C: Nikola Jokic, Zeke Nnaji, DeAndre Jordan
              PF: Aaron Gordon, Jeff Green, Vlatko Cancar, Jack White (rookie, two way)
              SF: Michael Porter Jr, Davon Reed, Peyton Watson (rookie)
              SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Bruce Brown, Christian Braun (rookie)
              PG: Jamal Murray, Bones Hyland, Ish Smith, Collin Gillespie (rookie, two way)

Comment

• Final summer league stats for our four roster guys and Kamagate, who will be stashed back in France for a year.

Some ugly shooting numbers from the first rounders.

Comment

• I’m excited for this season. I still think we need to improve the bench though. There isn’t much out there but there is one name still out there that I think would give us a bit more scoring punch off the bench. I don’t think it’ll be a popular move but Carmelo Anthony can bring a lot to the table for us, a lot more than Vlatko Cancar anyway. Malone has been hesitant to give rookies major roles in the past and even though Melo is old now, his offensive game is still there as he had a career year in effective FG percentage last season.

People will be quick to jump on his defense, but percentage wise, he wasn’t too far off what KCP posted last season defensively. I think he’s a very underrated post defender as well, he played Jokic as well as anybody in that Portland series awhile back when their bigs were constantly in foul trouble. So there’s options on who to hide him on defensively. Him and Green might not be the greatest pairing however especially if Nnaji is truly the backup C, but Melo’s game shouldn’t wane as the season goes on because there’s very little wasted movement from him offensively and he can help keep Green fresh longer so he’s playable when it matters. It also allows us to bring Braun along slowly and not have his confidence jerked around from Malone pulling him as soon as he makes a mistake as his expectations would go from having a solid role off the bench to knowing he’s only going to play at the end of games, if guys get in foul trouble, and maybe a brief run in either half to get adjusted.

It’s probably a terrible idea because his style doesn’t fit our offense, but 12-15 points off the bench from someone other than Bones would be nice.

Comment

• If they make a roster move it won't be for another wing. Cancar figures to be a power forward this year, not so much a small forward, so it's not really a situation where they could drop Vlatko for Melo. Especially since Vlatko just signed a three year deal.

This team is overloaded on wings right now. Porter, KCP, Brown, Reed, Braun, and Watson are all wings and pretty much all their power forwards (Gordon, Nnaji, Green, Cancar, White) are swing/finesse 4s instead of true power guys. Carmelo just isn't a fit.

I think the move is to trade Ish Smith and Jeff Green (and maybe DeAndre Jordan and a first rounder) for true backup center or power forward. Those three vets are all on expiring deals so it should be relatively easy to move them to a team that needs salary cap space. That would also open up a roster spot to add Gillespie to the main roster, since his current two-way deal will limit him to 50 regular season games and 0 playoff games like Davon Reed last season.

As currently constructed the bench is going to rely on Bones to move the ball and set up shooters. Hopefully Zeke can work the pick and roll with him. If they can it should open up a lot of open threes. One thing the bench does have is some damn good 3 point shooting:
                    Brown - .404 last season
                    Reed - .430 last season
                    Cancar - .538 last season (small sample size)
                    Nnaji - .463 last season
                    Bones - .366 last season (much higher as the season went along)
                    Smith - .373 last season
                    Green - .375 last season
                    Braun - .378 career in college
                    Gillespie - .384 career in college

Comment

• Watched the Netflix Movie Hustle yesterday starring Juancho. Kind of funny that they chose him to tell a fiction story about the rough life of transitioning from poor to NBA. Cuz he’s never really been that good.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X