X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The suns are no joke. Booker looking hotter than Dame tonight.
    He's definitely a threat but is 47 points in 46 minutes that different to Jokic's 36 in 36? Also, the Suns are going to need to find consistent scorers outside of Booker.
    Last edited by GMTD; 06-04-2021, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Great game by the nuggets to finish a series before game 7 in however long its been. Tough start but Porter showed up and kept the game close and the team pulled through in the end to seal it.

Suns are going to be a tough match up but hopefully we can get some players back.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    The suns are no joke. Booker looking hotter than Dame tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Lillard is just going to chuck and pray for could. He will get them....but the MVP of the league can't get calls. And they will chime and let them back in it.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Rough start to the 3rd, but a real strong finish. I really hope Malone pulls his head out of his you know what and goes for the win by keeping Jokic in the game, or at least not sit him half of it
    I don't understand Malone's refusal to vary from his "formula". It's game 6 in the playoffs, play your best players. He also doesn't experiment with lineups at all. I'd at least try McGee and Joker at the same time. Let McGee bang with Nurkic and draw a foul or two and protect Joker a bit.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Rough start to the 3rd, but a real strong finish. I really hope Malone pulls his head out of his you know what and goes for the win by keeping Jokic in the game, or at least not sit him half of it
    Yeah he has to play the last 10 minutes at least. It's not that unusual for star players to play 40 minutes.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to leave it here and watch the final quarter tomorrow morning. Let's hope the match doesn't go to 7 games!

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Only being down 7 at the half seems like a blessing. Jokic has to get going at some point right? Hopefully someone else steps up in the 2nd half and gets going

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Very fortunate to be just 4 points down. Apart from MPJ playing the best first quarter of his career, nothing seemed to work very well at all.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Very sloppy opening half to the first quarter.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Well, the good news is that we're getting the game tonight.
    Although, given that it won't finish until 3.30am our time, i hoping we are 25 points up at half time as I may not be able to see the game through until the end!

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Officiating to me has always been a grab bag of calls. Inside they can kidney punch you hack you do kick you and nothing will happen. Breath on a player outside and they are shooting 3 FT. Add in the amount of foul baiting and it can get a little much at times.

Jokic is such a unique player but not really flashy. And his slow methodical play style for casual fans probably hurt him more. Jokic is clearly a top player in the league and should take all 1st place MVP votes but he just isn't flashy and that effects his casual audience.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I really don't care about this anymore. Let the press celebrate Lillard's glorious failure. It won't change the result, Jokic's playmaking ability, or the confidence MPJ and Morris will gain from playing key parts in a decisive victory (even though we should really have won it in regulation).

It won’t, I just find how the media picks and chooses who they want to champion as elite players as odd. Lillard plays in a small market, he isn’t a good defender, he’s just a great offensive player, but he gets the respect and appreciation of the media that Jokic doesn’t although Max Kellerman did stick up for Jokic today. Certain players will get a pass for things other players get shredded for i.e. Lillard passing the last 6 possessions of the game vs if LeBron passes the last 6 possessions. The narrative for Lillard becomes well his teammates didn’t do enough and Jokic’s teammates did. While that’s true for last night, when we lose it usually gets put all on Jokic and to some extent Jamal and now MPJ but it’s mainly Jokic.

Very few of the non former basketball players will give Jokic his credit. He’s arguably a top 5-10 player and people talk about him like he’s closer to 25. Granted, you’re really splitting hairs from about 20 or so down. It just bothers me because the media does have an impact in how games are officiated.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied

Well not only did they fawn over him like little schoolgirls they one upped themselves and claimed Harrison fouled him and they should’ve won. Like there aren’t any fouls that were missed on Jokic, especially one that led to them getting back into the game late anyway.

But no one mentioned how Lillard passed the last 6 possessions of the 2nd overtime. Yet LeBron gets crucified for every pass he makes in the clutch whether it’s the right play or not.

And Lillard was complaining about the refs again in his post game presser so they’ll probably get a friendly whistle going back to Portland for game 6.
    I really don't care about this anymore. Let the press celebrate Lillard's glorious failure. It won't change the result, Jokic's playmaking ability, or the confidence MPJ and Morris will gain from playing key parts in a decisive victory (even though we should really have won it in regulation).

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

I'm guessing gushing over the numbers, and they were impressive. He was a machine and scored 17 of their 19 OT points. His team let him down. Granted overtime shouldn't have happened as rivers did not foul Dame at the end of regulation. And morris had a great game but 2 mistakes at the end of the first overtime allowed a second. O well a win is a win hopefully they finish it in game 6.
    Well not only did they fawn over him like little schoolgirls they one upped themselves and claimed Harrison fouled him and they should’ve won. Like there aren’t any fouls that were missed on Jokic, especially one that led to them getting back into the game late anyway.

But no one mentioned how Lillard passed the last 6 possessions of the 2nd overtime. Yet LeBron gets crucified for every pass he makes in the clutch whether it’s the right play or not.

And Lillard was complaining about the refs again in his post game presser so they’ll probably get a friendly whistle going back to Portland for game 6.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X