No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I've seen when Jokic is in the game they are doubling him inside. When he kicks it out the shooters have to hit their shots. This is where Barton comes in and why he is struggling. He is not a catch and shoot shooter. He finishes at the rim most of the time but since SA is clogging the middle he's taken out of his game, out of his comfort zone. Either Beasley or Craig has to start game 4. They can hit that open jumper when the ball swings around on the wing.

You can't afford to do the same thing over and over again as in all 3 games so far we've been down as much as 20 points in each game. Something has to change. Barton could be better when Jokic comes out as SA changes their defense and doesn't clog up the lane as much. If we lose as the #2 seed to the #7 seed I would have Malone's job in question.

Comment

• Originally posted by OurHouse View Post
      I'm not trying to counter it, I'm just trying to say that you stating he shrinks in big game pressure is a bit extreme as the man dropped 21 points in the 4th quarter in game 2. He isn't necessarily the reason we started the comeback but he is the reason we won that game as without him going 8/8 before missing a shot, we lose the game.
      I’m not just basing it on these playoffs though. He is in year 3 and still far too inconsistent in my opinion. And like i referenced him shrinking from the moment stems back to the undefeated Kentucky team that lost in the final four. Granted they made it deep but several games that tournament he didn’t shoot well.
      sigpic

Comment

• We need a Paul George type guard that makes 3s and creates opportunities.

Murray's not a consistent shooter and we really don't have a solid threat from 3.

This team as it is currently will never go deep into the playoffs unless there's some major rotational changes.

Barton isn't a starter, Murray is not a go to guy and neither is Harris. We need reliable shooting threats. Jokic is too passive.
        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
          We need a Paul George type guard that makes 3s and creates opportunities.

Murray's not a consistent shooter and we really don't have a solid threat from 3.

This team as it is currently will never go deep into the playoffs unless there's some major rotational changes.

Barton isn't a starter, Murray is not a go to guy and neither is Harris. We need reliable shooting threats. Jokic is too passive.
          I think Harris has finally regained his form and has been keeping us in these games. I think Beasley will be that reliable shooting threat though. Ultimately I think we should try and move Murray and put Harris at PG and have Beasley start. Since so much of the offense goes through Jokic anyway it doesn’t matter that he isn’t a traditional PG, although neither is Murray. Barton needs to come off the bench so he can be the go to guy, he just can’t find his rhythm being the 4th or 5th option. His defense is pretty solid even if he does get bullied at times against bigger players.

That won’t happen though, MPJ will be back next year and there’s no doubt in my mind he’ll be healthy and probably the ROTY. If that happens then no major changes will be made with our current core aside from maybe not picking up the option on Millsap and trying to lure a big name here again but he’s really kept this team together down the stretch.

Comment

• I agree with most of that. Still not sold on Harris, he's too inconsistent like Murray as well.

In Malone it seems we have another george karl.
            sigpic

Comment

• Good to see Malone putting Craig into the starting lineup over Barton

Comment

• A lot of energy, too much pressing on the offensive side and not enough communication on defense.

Barton is checked out on offense, missed a wide open Beasley in the corner. If the Spurs insist on having Bertans guard Beasley they need to iso him every single time down the court, he can’t guard him.

Comment

• This is ugly, what a disappointing end to a positive season. Obviously it isn't over, but I can't see us clawing our way out of this one. We have been dominated every quarter this series it seems outside of the 4th in game 2, our guys are just too inconsistent. What a way to finish that horrible first quarter though, Barton isolation, just the man you want taking that shot, ugly.

Comment

• Good job to get up there in the 2nd quarter and have it tied at the half. Just got to keep pushing the tempo in the 2nd half. It hasn’t been our game all season but it’s where we’ve had our most success in this series.

Comment

• I didn't see that coming after the first quarter, crazy how momentum of a series can shift with one run, happy to eat my words after that. It's a 3 game series now, momentum and the advantage is back with the home team.

Comment

• Wow they proved me wrong. I was too pessimistic and didn’t see them winning a road game. Glad to be wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

• It won’t happen in such a pivotal playoff game but I’m interested if there are any talks about a possible suspension for Derozan after throwing the ball at the ref. It should be a pretty hefty fine though

Comment

• First win in SA since 2012. Wow.

Good to see Craig starting. Barton was efficient off the bench.

I didn't know Derrick White played college ball at UCCS.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              It won’t happen in such a pivotal playoff game but I’m interested if there are any talks about a possible suspension for Derozan after throwing the ball at the ref. It should be a pretty hefty fine though
                              It could happen. Green was suspended during the NBA finals. His play was dirty but to me throwing a ball at a ref is worse.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Wow Nuggets came alive last night. Gary's defense was fantastic last night, team defense as a whole was porous too many times last night. That said, man very good performance. Jokic has been a beast this series, and it would be nice if he started getting national recognition to get a favorable whistle. All we have to do now is protect home court.
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                                X