The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He was in the 230s in college. I'm not a doctor, and each case is different, bit 206 is way too light to be successful.
    Possibly but most injuries these taller athletes suffer are due to their body not being able to handle the force they exert on themselves and in today’s NBA with all the pace and space play he will have to put a lot of force on his legs. This injury was reported as a navicular stress fracture which according to the article I read is very rare even for athletes.

While playing at a heavier weight will allow him to be stronger on both sides of the ball I think it’ll greatly hinder his ability to stay on the court. I do think he needs to get stronger and luckily he seems to have a good bit of baby fat that he can work into muscle but I also believe he will still need to play on a minutes cap (20-25) and maybe get more rest days instead of practice (or biking instead of running to build stamina) throughout his career or else he’ll likely be done in 4-6 years due to injuries or at least a shell of what he could be.

Comment

• So we didn't do anything in FA which is ok... but we gave Murray a 5 year max extension.

Ugh.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        So we didn't do anything in FA which is ok... but we gave Murray a 5 year max extension.

Ugh.
        After picking up Milsaps option we only had $9 mil to spend. I’m not sure why fans are so upset we aren’t making any big moves. Who exactly was going to come here for $9 mil this year when nba is handing out $25+\year contracts like candy?

Might as we’ll at least lock up our second best player.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          After picking up Milsaps option we only had $9 mil to spend. I’m not sure why fans are so upset we aren’t making any big moves. Who exactly was going to come here for $9 mil this year when nba is handing out $25+\year contracts like candy?

We do have some pretty valuable trade exceptions that we could possibly use to acquire a solid bench piece. I think the biggest one expires on July 6th so maybe something gets done there

Comment

I wasn't complaining about them not doing anything in FA...

Murray isn't a max player to me.
            sigpic

Comment

I wasn't complaining about them not doing anything in FA...

Murray isn't a max player to me.
              Meh. Tristan Thompson got a max contract for riding Lebrons coattails. It doesn’t bother me. And it was a cheaper max contract than some of these other stars are getting.

I think we got a steal on Murray’s deal
              sigpic

Comment

Meh. Tristan Thompson got a max contract for riding Lebrons coattails. It doesn’t bother me. And it was a cheaper max contract than some of these other stars are getting.

I think we got a steal on Murray’s deal
                Murray's not a star. It's very comparable to the Tristan Thompson contract. Jamal is wildly inconsistent and disappears way too much to be a star.
                sigpic

Comment

Murray's not a star. It's very comparable to the Tristan Thompson contract. Jamal is wildly inconsistent and disappears way too much to be a star.
                  I don’t think he’s worth a max either but a lot of players especially young players eligible for an extension off their rookie contract will get these offers e.g. Andrew Wiggins. Murray may never gain that consistency that he needs to be a superstar but this was only his 3rd season so he’s still very young and PGs generally take a bit of time to develop. Who would’ve though DeAngelo Russell would become a max player? Murray shown that he has the ability to be a deadly closer though and that’s very valuable.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    I don’t think he’s worth a max either but a lot of players especially young players eligible for an extension off their rookie contract will get these offers e.g. Andrew Wiggins. Murray may never gain that consistency that he needs to be a superstar but this was only his 3rd season so he’s still very young and PGs generally take a bit of time to develop. Who would’ve though DeAngelo Russell would become a max player? Murray shown that he has the ability to be a deadly closer though and that’s very valuable.
                    It is true that he's still really young, and it may turn out to be a brilliant move in the future. I don't think he's really a PG either, though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Not going to disagree with any of your points as I’ve voiced those concerns on here many times myself.

I see it as like Beastly said. He is young and I think the Nuggets chose to pay assuming the potential they think he will continue to grow into. And if he does it’s a major steal on pay. If he continues to disappear causing us to bow out early every year then it’s bad money spent.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not going to disagree with any of your points as I’ve voiced those concerns on here many times myself.

I see it as like Beastly said. He is young and I think the Nuggets chose to pay assuming the potential they think he will continue to grow into. And if he does it’s a major steal on pay. If he continues to disappear causing us to bow out early every year then it’s bad money spent.
                        Let's hope it works out.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I was telling my wife that basketball is the game if you want to be super rich. Heck, a good canuck like Murray would make absolute max $13M per year, if he went the hockey route. But here's a 22 year old making $34M per, and he's not even a big star! What a concept!!!

I can't wait to see what RJ Barrett will make, if he progresses as he should. He will very likely be Canada's richest sports dude, if all goes well.

Comment

• Lillard just signed a 4 year $194 million supermax extension with Portland, so now I don't feel so bad about Murray's contract.
                            sigpic

Comment

• MPJ sprained his knee in practice, and will not play in summer league
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Lillard just signed a 4 year $194 million supermax extension with Portland, so now I don't feel so bad about Murray's contract.
                                I thought that was done last Sunday? That’s one of the people I was referring to the other day when i said Murray’s contract isn’t that bad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X