Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of putbacks lol

Comment

• I thought the NBA stopped counting shots off a reach in foul specifically because of Harden? They’re allowing him to do it again now? I saw Chris Paul not get the free throws multiple times last time we played OKC

Comment

• Jerami Grant and Paul Milsap need to be switched. Milsap is just another guy on the floor on offense with our starters, if he’s coming in with the bench unit he can be the focal point on offense and we can stop going so heavy on the Morris/Plumlee 2 man game that stalls out far too often to carry the unit. No one respects a Plumlee post up, but Milsap will draw extra attention giving guys like Beasley and Porter better looks at the basket.

And Grant can finally be a lob threat as well as what he normally does on the bench with the starting unit. And while Milsap mitigates some of the defensive issues Jokic has by being a heady defender, Grant has the ability to eliminate it all together with his shot blocking ability that we just don’t have with our starting unit. He will still be late on some rolls but that can be made up for with a more consistent bench unit led by Milsap.

Malone needs to stop flinging crap on a wall and hoping it sticks. “Benching” Milsap would be a bold move but I think it’d be a very good move. If not that, at least run some plays for Beasley. He’s too good of a shooter and too explosive to just stand on the 3 point line praying Plumlee doesn’t post up for an awful hook shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Jerami Grant and Paul Milsap need to be switched. Milsap is just another guy on the floor on offense with our starters, if he’s coming in with the bench unit he can be the focal point on offense and we can stop going so heavy on the Morris/Plumlee 2 man game that stalls out far too often to carry the unit. No one respects a Plumlee post up, but Milsap will draw extra attention giving guys like Beasley and Porter better looks at the basket.

And Grant can finally be a lob threat as well as what he normally does on the bench with the starting unit. And while Milsap mitigates some of the defensive issues Jokic has by being a heady defender, Grant has the ability to eliminate it all together with his shot blocking ability that we just don’t have with our starting unit. He will still be late on some rolls but that can be made up for with a more consistent bench unit led by Milsap.

Malone needs to stop flinging crap on a wall and hoping it sticks. “Benching” Milsap would be a bold move but I think it’d be a very good move. If not that, at least run some plays for Beasley. He’s too good of a shooter and too explosive to just stand on the 3 point line praying Plumlee doesn’t post up for an awful hook shot.
          Great idea, makes a lot of sense in theory, and I think it would work in reality as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Jerami Grant and Paul Milsap need to be switched. Milsap is just another guy on the floor on offense with our starters, if he’s coming in with the bench unit he can be the focal point on offense and we can stop going so heavy on the Morris/Plumlee 2 man game that stalls out far too often to carry the unit. No one respects a Plumlee post up, but Milsap will draw extra attention giving guys like Beasley and Porter better looks at the basket.

I agree with everything. Tired of Malone's random lineups and favoring certain players that aren't effective. It's nice to see MPJ finally get more playing time.

I also think we need to trade 1 of Murray, Harris and Barton. Or 2, along with Plumlee and maybe another player. The roster the way it is now just isn't going to beat very many teams in a 7 game series.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

• Do the Nuggets officially have a new star?
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Do the Nuggets officially have a new star?
                As long as Malone gives him more then 7 mins the next game. Starts his first game and does well then barely plays him the next game. Malone better realize that he needs to play MPJ starter minutes cause that dude can score with the best of them.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Do the Nuggets officially have a new star?
                  22 for 28 the last three games. He is very efficient and I hope this current level of play translates to more playing time.

Comment

• Rick Carlisle complaining about how physical teams play against Doncic again. He isn’t used to Euro stars getting this treatment yet? He’s only coached Nowitzki for 10 seasons. He should watch what they do to Jokic

In all seriousness though the NBA does need to take a serious look at the lack of calls these guys get. I know Jokic has a reputation amongst the refs but that’s only there because if he doesnt flop he’d never get any calls while Harden gets phantom calls all the time. You can’t have the bruises and scratches Jokic gets without being fouled

Comment

• Losses like tonight happen far too often and are why I’ll never trust Malone with this team in the postseason.

And he already put MPJ back in the dog house after his stellar game the other night.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Yeah I'm certain we're not doing squat in the playoffs. Maybe MPJ had a small setback or something but he looked good when he played. It's really annoying.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

• They overlooked them hard. At one point we were 2/19 from 3 while the Wizards were 4/8. They didn’t want to play hard tonight and were content to just settle for jump shots and stand around.

That’s a real big problem with this team, even last season. Out of 82 games there will only be a handful where we see a complete game. The team is a 2nd half team because they want see how far they can go treating the game like a shootaround. But when they have to make big runs just to get back in it, they can’t always keep it going especially since our bench unit is struggling with consistency.

Comment

• Missed the last few games, but when MJP put up 25 points in 23 minutes, was he terrible defensively ? Why did he only get 12 minutes next time out ? In a blowout loss ? Are they load managing him ? Or is Malone just refusing to go to him night in night out ?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              Missed the last few games, but when MJP put up 25 points in 23 minutes, was he terrible defensively ? Why did he only get 12 minutes next time out ? In a blowout loss ? Are they load managing him ? Or is Malone just refusing to go to him night in night out ?
                              He’s gone to an every other game type of approach with him it seems. I think he’s still saying it’s a matchup thing which is really just him saying his defense isn’t up to par although when Ish Smith scores 32 I don’t see how you can say Porter’s defense is why he isn’t playing consistent minutes.

Also our starters are near the top of the league for the most time on the court, Malone refuses to take them out in blowouts until there’s a minute or two left.

Comment

• I really think Harris needs to be traded. His defense is great but he’s become so inconsistent scoring that he really holds the starting group back on that end.

If Malone could just find a damn rotation and stick with it, it’d be much easier to say who should be traded. Right now I think we have to keep Beasley while Harris, Juancho, Craig should be packaged together for someone or some draft picks. Next week it’ll probably be Barton and Beasley that need to be traded

Comment

Working...
                                X