No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that was a strange lineup to end the game. I understand Grant over Milsap but Dozier over MPJ? MPJ offers more floor spacing for the 2 man game between Jokic and Murray, an rebounding threat on the offensive boards, as well as being a nice outlet if the 2 man game didn’t work. He’s not as good on defense but he does have more length and can be a great rebounder and in OT the ball isn’t going to anyone other than Mitchell, Ingles, or Gobert none of which MPJ would have guarded. I guess Malone really feared them trying to switch MPJ onto Mitchell.

Edit: And why is Grant becoming our designated free throw shooter in late game situations? I understand Murray missed some in the seeding games but he’s generally automatic at the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I thought that was a strange lineup to end the game. I understand Grant over Milsap but Dozier over MPJ? MPJ offers more floor spacing for the 2 man game between Jokic and Murray, an rebounding threat on the offensive boards, as well as being a nice outlet if the 2 man game didn’t work. He’s not as good on defense but he does have more length and can be a great rebounder and in OT the ball isn’t going to anyone other than Mitchell, Ingles, or Gobert none of which MPJ would have guarded. I guess Malone really feared them trying to switch MPJ onto Mitchell.

Edit: And why is Grant becoming our designated free throw shooter in late game situations? I understand Murray missed some in the seeding games but he’s generally automatic at the line.
      That's what they were doing. They were forcing the switch to put MPJ on Mitchell and Mitchell was making them pay as porter was just to slow. He is a rookie and it will be a teaching moment. Add in here want fling much on the offensive side it makes sense he wasn't in.

That ending lineup played well though. Morris did enough to keep the backups from losing the game and Jamal took over in the last half of the 4th and OT. I think I read he accounted for 30 of the 38 points in the final 6ish minutes of the 4th and ot. A lot better end that the mess that was the halftime ending lol

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        That's what they were doing. They were forcing the switch to put MPJ on Mitchell and Mitchell was making them pay as porter was just to slow. He is a rookie and it will be a teaching moment. Add in here want fling much on the offensive side it makes sense he wasn't in.

That ending lineup played well though. Morris did enough to keep the backups from losing the game and Jamal took over in the last half of the 4th and OT. I think I read he accounted for 30 of the 38 points in the final 6ish minutes of the 4th and ot. A lot better end that the mess that was the halftime ending lol
        I missed a good chunk of the game but I can understand that. I wonder how Malone will adjust to try and keep him out of those situations. I was encouraged that they did force a turnover when he tried to split two defenders, Lillard murders us with that and I imagine Mitchell probably was too.

Murray out scored the Jazz by himself in the final 6 minutes. That’s just crazy how hot he can get. He’s been a different player since he’s come back and is really taking on that leadership role.

Comment

• Chauncey Billups is looking at becoming a coach. At some point the front office needs to realize Malone probably isn’t the guy to get us to the top. Grooming Billups to be the head coach during the prime years of our core group would be huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Chauncey Billups is looking at becoming a coach. At some point the front office needs to realize Malone probably isn’t the guy to get us to the top. Grooming Billups to be the head coach during the prime years of our core group would be huge.
            I think he'd be a great coach. Would he want anything to do with this organization though? The Kroenkes traded him away, twice.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              I think he'd be a great coach. Would he want anything to do with this organization though? The Kroenkes traded him away, twice.
              Maybe maybe not. He is from Denver and still lives in Denver with his family so I would imagine that’d give us an advantage in bringing him in.

Comment

• Collapse by the Nuggets towards the end of the half. 61-48 Jazz HT.

Comment

• So much attention being paid to Mitchell allowing Clarkson and the others to get open shots.

Comment

• Looks like they're gonna get run out of the gym today.

Comment

• There's no pressure at all on the Jazz. This is like a training session.

Comment

• The positive aspect of this is that with no crowd it probably makes no difference that the next two games are in Utah.

Comment

• I wish we could have a game where everyone gets hot like the Jazz are right now

Comment

• Well hopefully Bol Bol can get on the court soon

Comment

• Malone is going to have to start drawing up some plays for MPJ. Just too much talent to only utilize him as a kick out option

Comment

• Is Harris ever slated to return in the playoffs. It's really noticeable how much our D drops off when he's out of the lineup.

Also, I would not be against a new coach next year. Some changes to lineups and playing styles are good, but it seems like Malone just draws up schemes and playing minutes out of a hat, sometimes.
                                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X