The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Is Harris ever slated to return in the playoffs. It's really noticeable how much our D drops off when he's out of the lineup.

Also, I would not be against a new coach next year. Some changes to lineups and playing styles are good, but it seems like Malone just draws up schemes and playing minutes out of a hat, sometimes.
    I think it’d be later down the line for Harris. I would assume Barton is closer due to playing in the last scrimmage but being out this long for “knee soreness” sounds suspicious.

Either guy coming back would be great but I think i want Barton back more. He has turned into a very underrated defender with his frenetic energy and his length. Plus he can provide a spark off the bench and take on some ball handling duties as well as being the only ISO threat we have outside of Jokic.

Edit: For the coaching piece, absolutely. The Jazz are starting a rookie at PF and we’re not trying to exploit that at all with Milsap, Milsap’s hardly even playing so far. Donovan Mitchell is being hid on Jerami Grant when Craig isn’t in the lineup. We won’t win by sending double teams at Mitchell to try and stop him, yesterday proved that. Head hunt for him when he’s on defense and force him to use his energy on that end. There’s no reason Grant shouldn’t post him up whenever he’s on him, he’s not a good post player but with the size advantage it shouldn’t matter. They’ll come to double immediately and leave someone open.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 08-20-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Looks like I was wrong on Barton, he left the bubble to get a second opinion on his knee. I’m thinking it’s a partial tear and he’s probably not going to suit up even if we advance.

Malone said Harris is close and mentioned the mental side of injuries so I’m thinking Harris is probably healthy enough to play and just doesn’t trust that he can not reinjure it further.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Looks like I was wrong on Barton, he left the bubble to get a second opinion on his knee. I’m thinking it’s a partial tear and he’s probably not going to suit up even if we advance.

Malone said Harris is close and mentioned the mental side of injuries so I’m thinking Harris is probably healthy enough to play and just doesn’t trust that he can not reinjure it further.
        Hmm... In that case, we'll probably have to forget about there being any massive improvement on D, at least in this Round. However, we may not need it. Yes, we were poor defensively in Game 2. But is that what caused us to lose the game? The decisive moment was towards the end of the second quarter when we missed so many chances and the Jazz converted theirs. Without a clear answer on D, we're just going to hsve to be more efficient on O.
        Last edited by GMTD; 08-21-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
          Hmm... In that case, we'll probably have to forget about there being any massive improvement on D, at least in this Round. However, we may not need it. Yes, we were poor defensiveky in Game 2. But is that what caused us to lose the game? The decisive moment was towards the end of the second quarter when we missed so many chances and the Jazz converted theirs. Without a clear answer on D, we're just going to hsve to be more efficient on O.
          The Jazz have some good shooters but they were shooting like 55-60% from deep through 3 quarters. I don’t expect that to continue. I also don’t expect all 5 guys to watch Mitchell and let their assignments snake around to get open looks but then again our defense is reliant on poor to average shooters missing open shots so it’s possible.

I’m expecting us to come out with a lot of energy. If we start hitting shots we’ll get up early and face an inevitable lull during the transition from starters to the bench. It should be tight going into the half and we’ll see a repeat of the first half to start the second. If we don’t start hitting shots early it might be another long game. This is shaping up to be similar to the Spurs series last year.

I’m hoping they force Mitchell to switch onto Jokic so he can post him up and wear him down and that they try to establish Milsap over Morgan. But they’re scared of Gobert blocking shots so we’ll see what happens.

Comment

• And they’re looking flat again, luckily the Jazz haven’t taken off yet.

Comment

• Looks like they're gonna get run out of the gym again.

Comment

• They can’t be scared to go to the basket. Gobert is good but we aren’t hitting shots so attack him and get him in foul trouble.

And stop doubling Mitchell. He scored 57 and lost. When he scored 30 we got blown out. Especially stop letting Jokic double, Gobert is going to keep getting easy buckets with Jokic that far out of position.

Comment

• Good lord Malone is pathetic. He looks like he gave up already.

Comment

• Somehow Jokic has become unplayable on defense, he’s not even trying to play defense

Comment

• Finally some energy

Comment

• Man when Murray is locked in on defense, he can be elite. I’d be tempted to put him on Mitchell and let Craig take Conley.

Comment

• Maybe they’ll at least finally let Malone go after this first round exit.

If they let GK to over failure to advance over and over again there is no reason Malone should be safe.
                          sigpic

Comment

• It's not over yet. Let's see how it plays out first before firing anyone.

Comment

• I guess the Jazz role players can keep this shooting up. They’re hotter than the prime Warriors

Comment

• If we don't fire Malone after this series I have no hope for this franchise.
                                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X