No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It feels like every time we get a big switched on one of our guards we can’t ever do anything with it.

Comment

• Can't see the game tonight but from reports it seems as if they are still not getting the ball to MPJ.

Comment

• Just no answer for Clarkson out there. This series reminds me of the Lakers series way back when we trotted our Kenyon Martin to guard Kobe.

Putting Grant on Mitchell just underscores the problems on our defense. While I think Murray has been tremendous on defense this series as has Morris, neither can fight through screens with any effectiveness. The problem is still there even with Barton and Harris.

I find it strange that Malone has flipped on Jokic in these situations. Last season Jokic would come up hard to force the guard back towards his defender. Now for some reason we’re having him sit back in no mans land waiting for an alley oop or a floater. Jokic has come up hard a few times this game and it’s worked out for us. Hopefully we see more of it in the second half because him sitting back is forcing everyone into a bad position.

To add on the pick and roll defense, there was one possession last game where Millsap switched with Jokic as Gobert came up to set the screen and I believe that resulted in Millsap blocking Mitchell’s shot. That seems like a potential solution to our woes. Maybe instead of having Grant guard Mitchell we put Murray on Mitchell and Grant on Ingles and when Gobert comes to screen have Grant come switch with Jokic. Ingles isn’t that much of an athletic mismatch on Jokic and clearly we’re comfortable with Grant on Mitchell. Of course if they did that Millsap would have to be ready to come down quick on Gobert’s roll and Murray would have to get out quick to O’Neal. Bottom line, we can’t keep leaving Jokic is no mans land.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
          Can't see the game tonight but from reports it seems as if they are still not getting the ball to MPJ.
          Nope, he’s just a spot up shooter and back door cutter for the most part. There’s nothing drawn up to get him open looks.

Comment

• Malone finally made an adjustment to our screen defense.

Comment

• MPJ just can't defend the screen and roll.

Comment

• That was a nasty 360 layup by Murray

Comment

• Murray put on his Superman cape in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Hedging those screens flipped that game on its head. I have no idea why it took 5.5 games (really all season) for us to get back to that. We had success with it last season, sure Lillard obliterated it by splitting the defenders but it’s better than the alternative of leaving Jokic where he can’t guard anything.

Comment

• Well it looks like the season may be back in jeopardy of being canceled. This time for a different cause.

I don’t mean to sound like I’m belittling the cause when I say this but it would basically mean this series didn’t really matter.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                        Well it looks like the season may be back in jeopardy of being canceled. This time for a different cause.

I don’t mean to sound like I’m belittling the cause when I say this but it would basically mean this series didn’t really matter.
                        I suspect the games, whilst delayed, will be completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                          I suspect the games, whilst delayed, will be completed.
                          Seems like that would depend on how devoted the players will be to this cause. I wouldn’t think boycotting a game or 2 is really all they are after.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Lakers and clippers voted to end the season but apparently most other teams voted to finish.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like the restart will be on Friday.
                              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                              sigpic

Comment

• I wonder how close Gary Harris is to returning. Going from out to doubtful to questionable makes it seem like he’s real close. He could be a bit of an X factor in game 6 to help force this thing to game 7.
                                Last edited by beastlyskronk; 08-27-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X