The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    They have. The one time I remember is the last time I thought they had a legit shot in 85 when they smoked the Jazz and Spurs, but then got creamed by the Lakers. They have done it a few times, but I don't know how old you are. I think the last time they did it was in 2008 with Melo
    Melo beat New Orleans and Dallas. No division rivals. They also didn’t make the playoffs in 2008 just FYI.

85 I was 3 so I wasn’t aware.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 09-02-2020, 04:10 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
      I think your initial comment was made before Harris came back, probably changing the dynamic of the entire contest - we could not make any stops before this.
      It was and they were getting absolutely outclassed trying to stop Utahs offense. I did get some hope when they adjusted in game 5 and then when Harris came back in 6 and they seemed to control that whole game.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Melo beat New Orleans and Dallas. No division rivals. They also didn’t make the playoffs in 2008 just FYI.

85 I was 3 so I wasn’t aware.
        That's right, I forgot they realigned after Melo was drafted.

Comment

• Not too hopeful going into this series. I expect the Clippers to make short work of us. More experience will be a plus and any win will be nice to build confidence and hopefully get some bigger FAs thinking they could be that missing piece.

Comment

• I was wrong on Millsap, he’s washed. Team is playing well right now, hopefully they can keep this up. Our starters match up well, but our bench will have to play lights out

Comment

• Great 1st quarter after that 7 game series. Was worried they would come out flat.

Comment

• Murray still struggling with his shot. I wish Morris could bring his regular season percentages to the playoffs. MPJ can’t get it going either.

Comment

• Such lazy passing. For a team that passes as much as we do, there are so many lame ducks being floated to each other

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Such lazy passing. For a team that passes as much as we do, there are so many lame ducks being floated to each other
                    Probably some physical and especially mental tiredness from the Jazz series.

Comment

• This team should study how these Raptors play defense. Somewhat similar personnel wise but a big difference in energy particularly how we close out. They’re not content to let anyone get a good look even if they’re way out of the play, they do everything to try and get back to contest shots and do so without fouling. Also their transition defense is night and day, they’re relentless getting back, we take cheap fouls to stop breaks
                      Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-05-2020, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Much much better so far, hopefully they keep it up

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          Much much better so far, hopefully they keep it up
                          It's asking a lot to keep that level of energy and intensity up for the whole game - especially defensively - but at least we look much fresher mentally.

Comment

• 44 points!

Comment

• Well, if they're gonna shoot 75% and score 44 points a quarter......Im good with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                                It's asking a lot to keep that level of energy and intensity up for the whole game - especially defensively - but at least we look much fresher mentally.
                                It is but for us to beat the Clippers, we’re going to have to. They can break a game in an instant

Comment

Working...
                                X