No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like they're going have to come back from 3-1 again.

Comment

• They're not coming back tonight. That's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        MPJ just needs time and to get stronger. He’s putting some things together on defense. I think his biggest problem right now is that he’s feeling pressured to make things happen when he comes in. I think he’s so active on the boards because he knows many times that’s the only way he’s going to get a shot on offense and they’re usually bad shots. But he is starting to get a little more aggressive getting to the basket rather than settling. I think he’ll take off big time next year
        I like what he's doing. He's started to look more comfortable at this level. A long way to go, clearly.

Comment

• Starting to claw back into it. MPJ is shooting well right now and it’s creating space for others to work.

Craig is almost unplayable on offense, but Malone can use that to his advantage. They don’t respect his shot at all, but they do close out on him. If he can pump and drive and force the defense to collapse in on him for a kick out it should result in some good looks for much better shooters.

Comment

• I feel like for the most part this team takes on the identify of Malone and that doesn’t work in the postseason.
            sigpic

Comment

• Surprised to see the media going against MPJ essentially bashing the coaching for a lack of touches. He was right though, it’s clear that Murray isn’t getting his shot going against those defenders and Jokic can’t do it by himself. Some others do need to cut into Murray’s shots.

Hopefully Malone finally makes an adjustment for this series. Not sure how the NBA media fails to say anything about how slow he is to make any adjustments. In game adjustments are nonexistent and game to game might as well be series to series for him.

Comment

Surprised to see the media going against MPJ essentially bashing the coaching for a lack of touches. He was right though, it’s clear that Murray isn’t getting his shot going against those defenders and Jokic can’t do it by himself. Some others do need to cut into Murray’s shots.

Hopefully Malone finally makes an adjustment for this series. Not sure how the NBA media fails to say anything about how slow he is to make any adjustments. In game adjustments are nonexistent and game to game might as well be series to series for him.
                Agreed. It's frustrating how much Malone does not trust MPJ.

Comment

• Also, we have an over-reliance on 3 point shots as we cannot penetrate the Clippers defence. So much talk of how we have missed so many 3s. Not enough talk of why we are having to shoot so many 3s in the first place.

Comment

• The free throw discrepancy gets ridiculous at times too. I don’t remember if it was last game or the game before but they were in the bonus for like 8 minutes in the 3rd and no one got a free throw until like 2 minutes left in the quarter

Comment

• That’s quite an adjustment from Malone. Putting Plumlee on Kawhi. I feel like he’s asking George Karl for advice.

At least he made a change. Not sure why he waits until it’s an elimination game to make adjustments but it’s something I guess.

Comment

That’s quite an adjustment from Malone. Putting Plumlee on Kawhi. I feel like he’s asking George Karl for advice.

At least he made a change. Not sure why he waits until it’s an elimination game to make adjustments but it’s something I guess.
                        Plumlee's another one that could do with more minutes. I think sometimes opponents struggle with his height and strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                          Plumlee's another one that could do with more minutes. I think sometimes opponents struggle with his height and strength.
                          He’s good on the offensive boards. I think he’s bad on defense but gets overrated by an occasional good play. On offense I think he gets miscast as Jokic light instead of being a rim runner.

Sad thing is since Plumlee is likely gone next season, we’ll likely relive the MPJ “development” cycle once again with Bol Bol. They’ve done a very poor job getting him up to speed. This is a kid that’s played very little basketball on his way to the NBA. His on court awareness is terrible right now and instead of trying to speed up the process they shut him down after 3 games in the G league and didn’t play him at all until the NBA restarted despite calling him up in December.

Comment

• I miss Malik Beasley. I understand wanting to get something for him before he signed with another team but we really miss his shooting off the bench. He shot 42% from 3 in Minnesota and averaged 21 ppg. And he wasn’t a terrible defender either.

I would’ve loved to see how far they could’ve got with Beasley and a healthy Barton too. This series would definitely be a 7 game series IMO.

Comment

• I wish we’d play like this all the time. There was a noticeable shift in attitude for Murray to start the 4th and he’s starting to go supernova again.

Comment

• Cold blooded shot by MPJ. He’s got Lou Williams on him for crying out loud, they have to take advantage of that

Comment

Working...
                                X