No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Nuggets news but Malik Beasley was arrested on felony gun and drug charges. He wasn’t charged but it likely hurts his big payday
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-27-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Not Nuggets news but Malik Beasley was arrested on felony gun and drug charges. He wasn’t charged but it likely hurts his big payday
      That's sad to hear. He seemed like a pretty good guy when he was here.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        Didn’t we get the bird rights for Grant in the trade? If so we can offer him more than anyone when he opts out and with Millsap and Plumlee on expiring contracts he’s guaranteed big minutes.
        I don't know if I'm willing to overpay for Grant though. He would play for MLE on the Lakers, but it will cost us a Gary Harris type deal. Then we have to reconstruct the bench.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          I don't know if I'm willing to overpay for Grant though. He would play for MLE on the Lakers, but it will cost us a Gary Harris type deal. Then we have to reconstruct the bench.
          I go back and forth with it. When he’s on, he’s great for us, but when he’s off he can be a real liability on offense. Not sure how much improvement we can expect from him. His shooting may get more consistent(which would be huge) but he’ll never likely have a tight dribble which limits his drive opportunities that see him end up on the floor just as often as he scores. If he could develop some semblance of a post game I think it’d be worth it, but he just dribbled so damn high and looks so out of control I’m not sure it’s possible. And for as spring as he is, that lob chemistry Jokic had with Faried never materialized.

It can go either way but there isn’t much out there to replace him with. Bringing Millsap back shouldn’t be an option as he’s only going to regress even more. MPJ can give you minutes at the 4 but you really don’t want him there for an extended amount of time. Bol Bol can’t play the 4, just now court awareness on either end and honestly he didn’t seem quick enough laterally to guard perimeter players. So what do you do? Go super small and hope we can outshoot teams? I think we have to bring Grant back whether we think he’s going to be good or not

Comment

• What this team really needs is a Kenyon Martin who can run, rebound, play D and willing to fight.

Comment

• Another thing that kind of jumped out at me during the seeding games, MPJ is great at attacking the boards and I understand that rebounding was apparently his ticket to playing time under Malone. But there were a couple times where him and Jokic would go for the ball and obviously MPJ would get it but it really seemed to throw the whole possession off.

Really any time anyone else brought the ball up they seemed to almost force themselves to put up a shot at the basket. Whether it was MPJ trying to push the pace just to get a shot, Millsap bringing it up and trying to initiate the offense like Jokic, Harris racing down only to pick up a charge etc. Until those last few games against the Lakers even Grant would race up just to toss up a wild layup and end up falling on the court.

It makes me wonder how much these guys really like the offense we run. Obviously Jokic and Murray can get them great looks but it seemed like sometimes they wanted a bigger role. To which I don’t disagree, I do think we are overly reliant on the Jokic/Murray pick and roll and we really struggle outside of that. Grant seemed to find some touch at the end of the Lakers series and started hitting those wild spastic driving layups and it kept us in those games. More Jokic post ups can benefit but that doesn’t alleviate the over reliance on Jokic as an initiator in the offense. That should be a top priority for Malone this offseason, find another set to run that incorporates the other guys creating their own shots so we can lean on that when Jokic isn’t in the game. Even if it’s as simple as a MPJ (or Will Barton) iso.

Comment

• Jerami Grant bailed to the Pistons despite the Nuggets matching the offer.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Jerami Grant bailed to the Pistons despite the Nuggets matching the offer.
                  Apparently he wants a bigger offensive role, I’ll never understand it. It was clear to me in one season that he’s not a guy who can create his own shot, in all his years playing basket he should know that as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X