Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official Denver Nuggets thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

    I’m beginning to think they see him as too big of a project. Obviously he’s super athletic and long and can do things a guy his size shouldn’t be able to, but either his basketball IQ is extremely low (makes sense given how little he’s actually played throughout his career) or he’s content to just rely on his natural gifts.

    I think he’s got to be on the trade block
    Bol didn't play against the Celtics, which is telling with all the injuries. From the box score it looks like only Bol and someone named Whittington didn't play.

    With all the injuries, there's not a lot I expect from the team. Joker and Murray are our two best players, but IMO our next 5 best are all out, including our next 4 best guards. The local sports (Lombardi) said the Nuggets FO wasn't concerned about the loss to Boston. Their concern is MPJ. He and Green combined to shoot 1 for 15. MPJ has to start stepping up. Right now he's a lot closer to being the next JR Smith than Kevin Durant.

    Comment


    • How about that? Conceding 46 points in the 2Q to the Wizards?

      Comment


      • I’d probably trade MPJ straight up for Davis Bertans at this point. Just too much regression from MPJ so far. If he doesn’t get it turned around soon I don’t think he’ll make it past the trade deadline.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

          Bol didn't play against the Celtics, which is telling with all the injuries. From the box score it looks like only Bol and someone named Whittington didn't play.

          With all the injuries, there's not a lot I expect from the team. Joker and Murray are our two best players, but IMO our next 5 best are all out, including our next 4 best guards. The local sports (Lombardi) said the Nuggets FO wasn't concerned about the loss to Boston. Their concern is MPJ. He and Green combined to shoot 1 for 15. MPJ has to start stepping up. Right now he's a lot closer to being the next JR Smith than Kevin Durant.
          Yeah I definitely think Bol Bol is going to be on his way out. Barton has been out due to “personal reasons”, not sure what they are but teams have done stuff like this in the past when looking to move someone to avoid saying they’re sitting him while they pursue trade options.

          I know there has been speculation in the past and the Wizards keep shooting everything regarding Beal down, but if there’s any chance he’s available I would definitely offer them Porter, Bol, and Barton along with whatever picks.

          Comment


          • Fire malone
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Jamal Murray has just scored 50 points without a single FT attempt, an NBA record for a regular season game.
              Last edited by GMTD; 02-19-2021, 06:44 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                Jamal Murray has just scored 50 points without a single FT attempt, an NBA record for a regular season game.
                Yeah...and it's something like only the 4th time since the merger someone took 25 shots and hit at 84%+. I noticed Joker shot a tech free throw for us. It had been Murray shooting even though his FT% is down. It was kind of strange...we were pretty hot but when we missed we had quite a few air balls. Some of them weren't even close.

                Comment


                • Bol Bol getting some minutes with Green/Millsap out and MPJ in early foul trouble. His awareness on the court and his energy just arent very good. Not sure if he’s scared of getting pump faked but he hasn’t jumped yet to contest a shot. But his length has shown up a few times to result in some steals

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    Fire malone
                    I am in support of this!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Let's go get Boogie. Just start doing something different.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        Let's go get Boogie. Just start doing something different.
                        It sounds good in theory but he’s just a lesser version of Jokic. He can carry some of the scoring load when Jokic sits but he doesn’t seem to be interested in coming off the bench and I don’t think his offense makes up for his defense at this stage in his career.

                        Hartenstein is playing well. His energy, athleticism, and length shows up a lot on defense. Drew a tough matchup last night against Melo but he forced turnovers and is a good rim protector. He also seems to be developing some good chemistry with Morris and Facu on pick and rolls. He’s everything I ever wanted Plumlee to be.

                        Comment


                        • We just need a 3rd option to consistently get 15-20 points a game. Someone who will attack the basket and not settle for jump shots. We look good when Barton attacks, or Dozier, or even Harris when he plays. We play 5 out so it’s so hard for defenders to come over and help when guys attack but so often when we lose it’s become everyone just wants to stand in place and hope their guy leaves to help on Jokic or Murray.

                          Bottom line, we can’t afford to keep this formula of Jokic dragging this team until the 4th quarter for Murray to take over in his 2 man game with Jokic.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            We just need a 3rd option to consistently get 15-20 points a game. Someone who will attack the basket and not settle for jump shots. We look good when Barton attacks, or Dozier, or even Harris when he plays. We play 5 out so it’s so hard for defenders to come over and help when guys attack but so often when we lose it’s become everyone just wants to stand in place and hope their guy leaves to help on Jokic or Murray.

                            Bottom line, we can’t afford to keep this formula of Jokic dragging this team until the 4th quarter for Murray to take over in his 2 man game with Jokic.
                            I'm just tired of the win one, lose one pattern that is developing. I just can't understand why they can't string some wins together.

                            Comment


                            • Absolute choke job. How do you not get the layup on a 4 on 1?

                              Comment


                              • Holy terrible coaching Batman!
                                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X